Vrbo Employee Reviews about "expedia acquisition"
Updated Mar 25, 2021
Found 4 of over 817 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Got a burning question about Vrbo? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Vrbo employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "A solid tech company with a good website that offers great benefits if they will actually hire you on full time." (in 92 reviews)
- "The people at HomeAway are great to work with!" (in 73 reviews)
- "The culture is great and overall morale is high despite the large acquisition by Expedia." (in 64 reviews)
- "good work life balance so far" (in 39 reviews)
- "Lovely team and great work mates overall to interact with" (in 26 reviews)
- "The Customer Experience Department has poor management." (in 30 reviews)
- "There are inexperienced managers who aren’t given training before giving them leadership roles." (in 26 reviews)
- "Bad leadership, favoritism, employees with very negative attitudes, too many company changes, prioritizing profits, not people." (in 11 reviews)
- "Also the upper management was aloof and disconnected from staff." (in 9 reviews)
- "Communication is complicated by language and location." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Vrbo and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "expedia acquisition"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
5 years going strongMay 12, 2017 - QA Engineer in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excellent total compensation packages, great advancement opportunities available, mostly smooth transition after Expedia acquisition, best time off policy I've ever heard of (4 weeks paid vacation), great atmosphere where great teams work together
Entire platform stability could be better
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Still loving it after almost 10 yearsNov 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Incredibly smart and talented people Small-ish teams An engaged management team with a clear plan for the near future and a scientific approach to problem solving Office location and decor/furniture (adjustable desks, ergonomics training) Cool new travel perks and an upgraded 401k plan since our Expedia acquisition
Some uncertainty for the future due to our acquisitionContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
Still a great place to beMar 14, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Incredibly smart executive leadership team working on the most complex and cutting edge consumer web site technology and concepts
Very fast paced A lot of changes in leadership and culture since the Expedia acquisition
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Great Company!Apr 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company is growing quickly and the business/branding changes are smart and exciting to see and be a part of. The culture is great and overall morale is high despite the large acquisition by Expedia. Fantastic benefits and perks.
They have 5 different locations in Austin because they're growing so quickly. While this is a positive thing, it's causing a lot of teams to have to relocate from North Austin to downtown, or to South Austin which is frustrating (traffic issues) and disruptive. They are working on a larger, long-term fix, but until then it's a bit hectic.Continue reading