Vrbo "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Vrbo Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jul 21, 2019

3.6
Vrbo President John Kim
John Kim
Pros
Cons
  • "Austin are the ones that actually deliver value(in 22 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can sometimes be a challenge(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place with benifits"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of vacation time up front with great benefits

Cons

The discount on software is only if you have a listing.

Vrbo2019-03-26

"Worked when company was still HomeAway"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and vacation time, Nice office, free food and drink, decent pay, fun events

Cons

Favoritism, micro managing, not a lot of opportunity for advancement unless you’re on someone’s good side. “Clicky” atmosphere

Advice to Management

Give employees space to do their job and quit breathing down necks. People would work better if they didn’t feel watched and uneasy all the time. Not sure if this has changed since I was last working there, but that was the main complaint from most coworkers

Vrbo2019-07-07

"Vrbo Employeee"

Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and free food

Cons

Bonuses not as high as one would expect based on company's performance Constant changes

Advice to Management

More communication

Vrbo2019-07-21

"Great benefits but filled with inexperienced managers"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits You will get to work on latest technologies. 401 K , ESP and PTO

Cons

It only saddens me to write this review for company for which I've dedicated over three and half years of my life and reflects how ratings have gone down over past few years. Managers now have so much power that can abuse employees in the name of pushing limits and getting things done . It's unfortunate that manager reviews can actually work against you rather than addressing concerns . Inexperienced and abusive managers. limited carrier growth and push to align with Expedia's process is only hurting values on which this company was formed.

Advice to Management

Trust people over technology . Take manager reviews seriously and address concerns of reports . Give opportunities for employees to grow and develop their skills and not push them over when you do not need them.

Vrbo2019-01-28

"No Advancement Outside of Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and decent culture.

Cons

If you start as an hourly, entry-level Customer Service employee to get your foot in the door, there is a slim chance you will be able to transition into a salaried, growth role in another department. Despite having a college degree and over a decade of salaried career history, I was not able to advance my position to another department outside of Customer Service. Having participated in several internal interviews after working at HomeAway between 1-2 years, I found their reputation for internal mobility to be merely lip service. I had to move on.

Advice to Management

Retain and develop top internal talent who show an interest in contributing to salaried positions. Recognize those employees by valuing their insights and loyalty.

Vrbo2018-10-28

"good company"

I worked at Vrbo full-time

Pros

great benefits, fun product, enjoyable coworkers

Cons

incompetent management, ineffective leadership, political

Vrbo2018-10-17

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, you get a good amount of Paid Time Off and Sick hours along with Floating Holiday hours. The offices are nice modern spaces along with your typical free snacks kitchens. The people that work here are all very enjoyable people to work with. Employees are smart and helpful along with being laid back. Parties and events are pretty cool. They also buy food every week depending what time your shift is.

Cons

The biggest con would have to be the job itself. You really have to have tough skin if your going to be a rep for the company. The customers that you support tend to have a negative user experience with the product itself which causes most of the calls to be escalated and workload to be a very stressful. You will come to realize not only will you have to provide basic support on how to use the website but also be the customers therapist, property manager, investigator which can be emotionally draining. Although not all calls are like this, there is a good percentage of inbound calls that are like this. Any job under the Customer Experience umbrella you will be working in a call center environment so if you are not the type of individual who does not like to be judged by your metrics and be micro managed by a system that monitors your every minute then this may not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

change it up when it comes to the CSR workload. Consider adding in more email time, project time, training time, anything that will allow a rep to not have to be glued to the phones 40+ hours a week

Vrbo2018-10-22

"Great job with amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing place to work with great benefits, pay and a lot of little ways that the company shows it's appreciation. The kind of company you want to work for. There is a great work life balance. If you have more work than you can do, people still understand if you leave at 5 and don't work on weekends. Not only would you be happy just working here, the opportunities for career growth and development are amazing. If you're doing valuable, innovative work you'll see a lot of doors open up. The company is exploding with growth and I'm excited to see where we take it

Cons

Some corporate policies of Expedia Group like the annual budget request cycle and bonus schedule can be annoying.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees as you continue to grow

Vrbo2018-07-28
  9. "Great place to work and play"

Current Employee - Public Relations Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart, fun people. Great benefits. Competitive salary and perks. Working in the travel industry.

Cons

Nothing too notable here.

Vrbo2018-06-11
  10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Customer Support Lead in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and work enviroment. Plenty of room for growth

Cons

none. great place to work

Vrbo2018-05-30