Vubiquity Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2021

3.3
Vubiquity CEO Darcy Antonellis  (no image)
Darcy Antonellis
Pros
  • "Great people and great location(in 11 reviews)

• "Great company culture and nice people(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Toxic upper management personalities(in 7 reviews)

• "Job duties change constantly, high turnover rate, company does over-promise(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

YOU WILL NEVER FIND A BETTER COMPANY TO WORK FOR...... NEVER!!!

Mar 8, 2021 - Digital Content Engineer in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vubiquity provides an atmosphere of support and constant mental stimulation with the work we do. Its extremely exciting to be with a company that is on the cutting edge of Technology as it relates to Content Creation and Content Distribution. The people I work with are some of the finest people you will ever meet in the world. Extremely intelligent, professional, caring, and all around fun to be with. Above and beyond that, the perks are incredible. Extra Money at Christmas time, Christmas presents in the mail, Grub Hub Gift Certificates. The list of ways the company shows its appreciation for its employees are literally endless! This company gets it !!! Take good care of the employee and they will in turn take good care of the company, its clients, and stakeholders!!! I truly love working for this company!!! Frankly, if I have anything to say about it, I will be staying here for the rest of my life!!!

Cons

How can you have a "Con" when you work for the best company on the planet? Cons???? NONE!!!!!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Vubiquity: Great; Amdocs: Horrible

Jan 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Great leadership - management of experienced leaders well versed in the media business * Fun "family" environment, with entertaining and rewarding companywide events and benefits (VU-er's Choice awards nominated by coworkers, VU-er appreciation days off, monthly anniversary/newhire/birthday celebrations, holiday costumes and decorations contests, Ice Cream August, etc.) * Global reach to customers across continents, with a follow-the-sun capability to service multinational entities

Cons

* Parent company heavy-handed oversight and mismanagement - Amdocs does not know anything about the Media business, asking the same questions after nearly three years post-acquisition. Continuously imposing their telecommunications managed services company rules and restrictions on an entertainment/media company is akin to squeezing a round peg into a square hole. * Parent Company Insists on forcing their shared services model to their subsidiaries, kicking good people out and instead mandating/implanting their own Corporate/parent company personnel into the businesses (HR, Finance, IT, Marketing, Sales...), moving the expertise outside of the acquired company to competitors. They redistribute their own head count into the subsidiaries by laying off existing expertise. Amdocs is more concerned about their stock price and generating the same profit margins across all lines of business, whether or not realistic to the different entities -- often resulting in bad business decisions strictly to get an immediate financial result, ignoring the longer-term negative impacts of those moves. * Compensation used to be fair, including pay for performance benefits, until acquired by a company who refused to include Vubiquity in their bonus plan.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Real Definition of Vubiquity

Feb 11, 2021 - Senior Director IT in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Even today, many still ask where the name Vubiquity came from. The organization has evolved over several decades, starting simply as "TVN" and continuing to grow to present day. Ask anyone who's been a VUer and they'll agree, Vubiquity is just one way we say "family". VUers with a tenure of over 10 years is common; some even 20 years. Almost everything has a story behind it; ask someone about "fill the tank" or "2901" and you'll undoubtedly hear hysterical stories and tales of triumphs which have become internal legends. Vubiquity is a place where you can be part of an incredible team and have real impact at every level. VU doesn't hunt talent, it's cultivated. With business units spanning a vast majority of the media industry, it's impossible not to learn something new. If you want to truly be a part of something special, Vubiquity is the place for you. Like anything in life, Vubiquity is a mirror; what you put in is what you get in return. No matter what, VUers always greets newcomers with open arms.

Cons

Vubiquity is a "hands on" culture, with intrinsic knowledge being shared between employees on a daily basis. With decades of experience and ventures into new lines of business, Vubiquity has a plethora of history, which includes many things to learn. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted every organization in countless ways. In the case of Vubiquity, tribal knowledge of what we do is easier to share when sharing the same physical space. Folks who have joined us after March of 2020 have yet to been given the true Vubiquity experience. As with everyone, we hope to return to our offices in the near future.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty good place to start

Dec 18, 2020 - Media Manager in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good coworkers, decent pay, pretty good benefits. Free parking, clean environment in a good location. Good place to get your foot in the door.

Cons

Job duties change constantly, high turnover rate, company does over-promise. There was a lot of uncertainty when I was there, but perhaps that has improved since my time.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

VU

Jan 20, 2021 - Media Coordinator in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, Great offices, Lost of overtime

Cons

Too busy to Use the benefits.

6. 4.0

Learn new skills

Oct 16, 2020 - NOC Tech in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is an opportunity to learn.

Cons

Most training is done in the job.

7. 2.0

Horrible

Feb 23, 2020 - Account Manager in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given the very low volume of work, there is a strong work life balance.

Cons

Managers are never available/in the office; boring work/no work; generally, a miserable place.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Environment, Location, and Benefits

Jul 11, 2019 - Coordinator in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great! People are awesome! A lot of different machines to utilize - Kombucha on the tap, Coffee machines, tea machines, sparkling water machines.

Cons

Need more insight into the company and more town hall meetings. I think the holiday party needs to step up!

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A team; A family

Mar 20, 2019 - Legal Manager in Burbank, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at Vubiquity since November 10, 1997, I have truly seen it all. The Company has gone through many changes. From TVN, to Avail-TVN and now Vubiquity. I appreciate the corporation that it has become today. The Company has evolved into a well-oiled machine with an emphasis on employee satisfaction and consideration for the future of the Company. After all, a happy employee is one that not only stays, but is there for the company and is willing to roll up the sleeves and get to work. Striving to create an environment which balances work/home, this lets the employee relax somewhat knowing that in case of an emergency, one could arrange for covering if needed and could then go and take care of a matter needing immediate attention. This results in a more relaxed employee which then results in a more dedicated one. The CEO, Darcy Antonellis is a great presence at the helm of our corporation in that she is truly passionate about the life of this company. However, what separates her from other CEOs is that she cares about the employees, their happiness here and what she could do to make it a better experience. Simply said, she cares. A prime example of this would be when I was diagnosed with cancer in June of 2016. She was one of the first people to call me into her office and enquire as to how I was as well as letting me know that both she and the Company were there for me should I need anything. How valuable is that? The biggest crisis in my life and I can relax about work knowing they are there supporting me on my journey. That’s everything to me. And because of an environment such as this, they have my dedication and loyalty. I’m very impressed and so pleased with the diversity that has transpired over the last several years in the Company. It is a fantastic mix of “everything” and is a real melting pot here which again, is an example of focus on the company/employee experience as a whole. Another department that steps up to the plate would be the Human Resources department. Many employees here may not be totally aware of the actions that occur in the background to make this the best experience it can be. This department TRULY is the middle man of company and employee. The SVP of the department is dedicated to both. If the Company wishes to do something that may not work for employees, this department fights for us! He is extremely passionate about his job and it shows. Again this is something you do not always see. There are many things here to make your day a bit better. We have snack bins that everyone can dip into during the day as well as a kambucha and nitro coffee station. A “marketplace” for convenience, where one may purchase things to eat. There are also various events during the year such as Ice Cream August. A freezer is placed in the main kitchen and is filled with ice cream during the entire month. All of these things add up to a very satisfying employee experience. And because of all this I feel like this is both a team and a family. They expect you to work to the best of your ability, but they also try to create a place where you are more than happy to give it.

Cons

As far as cons go, the only thing I would like to see happen in the future is more of a community outreach; charities; giving back. Granted we have various holiday bins for donations, but I feel that this company is now at a size wherein we could start incorporating much more. Helping out at shelters, bringing blankets and foods for shelter animals, other non-profits where we could help, mentor programs for children waiting to be adopted, or more clean up around the community. I believe that something should always be up on the board in the lunch area for various charity events that the Company could be involved in. Through these various outreaches, not only does it give our company further exposure, but it also shows that we are indeed a company that cares.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

The people and passion.

Jun 6, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

People work together in most departments. They want to make sure their customers are happy. I like the people and the work. Salary and benefits are good.

Cons

The business is expanding so lots of demands. Setting priorities would really help the managers schedule better and communicate between ops teams.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 134 Reviews