KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company

Mar 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have had a great experience at Vungle and am excited to see what is to come with Jeremy taking over as CEO. Pros: 1. If you ask anyone at Vungle, what makes it so great is the people. I love working with my team and my manager supports my growth. 2. There is great career progression if you put in the work and prove yourself. I like Vungle because they continue to recognize my hard work and have allowed me to change departments. Over the years I have been able to take on a lot more than I think I would have been able to at a larger company, and I really appreciated that as It has kept me energized and excited to work at Vungle. 3. You have many opportunities to learn and grow. I used their generous learning program to take courses at a local university in my field, as well as been able to attend numerous conferences that I was interested in over the years. Definitely recommend taking advantage of this program!

Cons

I agree with some of the other posts, Vungle does move quickly so can be overwhelming to some but I think I am the type of person that thrives in this environment.

Vungle Response

VP, People

Thanks for taking the time to post! I hope you've seen the new WFH policy that came out last week and that it is what you were hoping for. Steph Douglass VP/People

2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Has pontential but some serious flaws

Dec 28, 2021 - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Hard working and contextualized sales team. That group is a good place to start your career - Good benefits and beautiful offices (unfortunately due to Covid, you may not get to visit often) - Fast paced and good managers you can learn from

Cons

- Vungle product is a tough group to work in. There is a culture of gas lighting and undermining employees, leading to employee dissatisfaction and higher turnover than other groups. -Product strategy is good, but product execution support from leadership is sketchy. For example, little progress has been made on integrating acquired products. - Communication from product leadership is unclear and can result in confusion and delays. Executives should be able to communicate across the org to all different levels to be most effective. - Hiring seems to be a continuous problem. It's difficult to determine if a hire is approved and why or why not a job is posted. Current employees pick up the slack during these delays and burn out. -Lack of diversity in leadership. There is a very white rich male-centric perspective in the company that can make it tougher for minorities and women to succeed.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0

work at vungle

Feb 23, 2022 - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance, good work environment

Cons

limited promotion space, hard to increase salary

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great time to be at Vungle

Mar 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vungle is a great company that has always looked after it’s people but in the face of the pandemic the team doubled down to check on people, create a cohesive culture. They hired and onboarded new team members and check-in with people as a group and individually. At time when other companies were tightening their belts, Vungle doubled down on charitable giving and connected to the community even more. With our new CEO things are moving fast and there is a lot of excitement about the direction of the company, the offerings as well as the increased focus on DEI. There have been acquisitions during this time and in each case our CEO really takes the time to explain why we are doing them and how this benefits our growth and makes us a more resilient and rounded company. I’ve also heard from the acquired teams and they say the were surprised by how warmly they were welcomed and at the individual attention. I feel really lucky that during a very turbulent time in the world I am somewhere that cares about people and is committed to the greater community.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like things are moving too fast. It can be energizing but also confusing for some people.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

mediocre

Mar 4, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

-smart (and fun) people -perks pre pandemic

Cons

-aggressive sales quotas with no rational -crappy tech -excessive hours

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

cool culture

Dec 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and friendly atmosphere

Cons

long working hours across multiple timezones

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 2.0

Large TAM, poor company culture

Jan 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Profitable, tackling large addressable market

Cons

Owned by a large private equity company and it feels like it

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Acquired Engineer

Sep 16, 2021 - Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing and recently merged with Liftoff

Cons

Becoming a corporate entity losing its human aspect very quickly

9. 5.0

Bright future, excited for our 2nd Exit

Mar 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's not 5 stars every day (there are definitely some 0 star days), but the reasons that I stay (and have stayed so many years) and why I feel it's a great place to work at the end of the day: + lots of opportunity for growth My experience and skills have grown a lot here. Vungle is really career-making (former Vunglers all move on to great companies or started their own successful companies). And it's awesome to see the promotion announcements each All Hands. + genuinely good people Good at their jobs and good humans. I have made some very close friends here, and on top of that really respect all of the people I work with. + great benefits I feel like they do care about our whole person. + strong future outlook It was a great monetary bonus to have a first acquisition, the future is bright and I know it's going to happen again. + transparency Monthly all hands, everyone invited to monthly dept meetings (sales, product, engineering, product demos for our newly acquired companies, etc) no matter what dept you are part of--and they tell you things about the future plans for the company/business, hence the strong future outlook! + constant improvement We are always trying to get better, be better, do better and don't just sit back comfortably. Even in areas where things are going okay, we'll still take time to think about how it could be better.

Cons

It's a little easier to discuss cons under past leadership. Now that we have a new CEO, a lot of us are waiting to see if the past cons will still apply. What I've noticed over the years: - sometimes too slow to act on feedback If everyone is asking for something, those things should be a priority. For example, we had to ask for WFH for years before anything rolled out. It did happen in the end, but it was way too slow. - tolerating bad behavior too long We all want to give others chances, but there are times when people are given too many chances and it's better for teams to just remove the individual faster.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Profitable company with some good leadership

Jun 29, 2020 - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a positive and supportive culture. The company is small enough still that you can get to know people up and down the org who will listen to you. Leadership has been moving in the right product direction and think strategically very well. Sales org is strong. It shows in continued profitability and market position.

Cons

Engineering org is too top down and not innovative and it has driven away talent. Your experience will vary a lot depending on your direct manager. Without strong engineering leaders who can competently push back while also delivering, product and middle management end up with too much say on a day to day basis. This leads to prioritizing short term business whims over technical excellence and investing in a strong foundation. Some management decisions are driven by personal connections. There are technically strong people in engineering. Just make sure your team has them and your manager is technical.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews

Vungle Reviews FAQs

Vungle has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 126 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Vungle to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vungle employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vungle. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

73% of Vungle employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vungle 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Vungle to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Vungle Job Seekers