W2O Group Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2020

4.0
W2O Group CEO and Chairman Jim Weiss
Jim Weiss
Pros
  • "Very smart people, lots of great business(in 11 reviews)

• "Collaborative, solid salaries, great people(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance is what you make it - although sometimes that balance is more achievable than other times(in 16 reviews)

• "Long hours (as in any agency) and high expectations to produce quality work (as in any agency)(in 14 reviews)

1. "Great place, better people"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at W2O Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people make this place incredible to work at. They are supportive and welcoming. The company takes care of it's people and they try to do the right thing by them. This is the best marketing/communications job to get in healthcare

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say

2. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Account Director

I worked at W2O Group full-time

Pros

Collaborative, solid salaries, great people

Cons

Occasionally seen as somewhat political

"Acquisition, acquisition, acquisition and low salary that surprised a recruiter"

2.0
    Current Employee - Analytics

I have been working at W2O Group full-time

Pros

- Some nice colleagues and leadership

Cons

- Lack of oversight, way too much trust and autonomy in incompetent employees. Competent ones will often end up doing their work, so watch out if you are a quick-learner and highly skilled. Incompetent ones are rarely put on a development plan, and the bar will go lower and lower for them so that they 'succeed' with help from competent ones (yes, you are expected to help them no matter how much you have been working for your own work and others). - Unlimited PTO, which you can't enjoy if you happen to do your job well. You finish your work efficiently, then you are expected to 'help' others. You will rarely have downtime if at all, and unequal distribution of work is pretty much endorsed by short-sighted managers, who keep giving too much power to incompetent employees to 'empower' them (and they don't get their work done, so you will end up doing theirs). Total mismanagement. - Weak and dishonest leadership. - So many acquisitions. Acquisition is one of the primary goals of W2O while paying a laughable amount of salary to employees. A recruiter was shocked when he heard how much I'm making at W2O, based on my experience and educational background. They make you work, make profits off of your countless overtime work days, buy more agencies but won't give back to you.

4. COVID-19

"#whyW2O"

Current Employee - Senior Account Director

I have been working at W2O Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

W2O is an incredible place to work with so much opportunity for growth and development. It's also a company that truly values its employees and strives to make a positive difference in the world. Over the past several months, it's been really impressive to see the ways in which we've invested in our communities (both internally and where we live/work), supporting employees with tools and resources for working remotely, providing for those hit hardest by COVID-19 and taking a stand against issues of racial and societal injustice.

Cons

The work/life balance is what you make it - although sometimes that balance is more achievable than other times.

"Just another sweatshop"

1.0
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at W2O Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly colleagues - Approachable senior management and leadership

Cons

- Ridiculous workload - Low salary - Too many unnecessary meetings/check-in's, most of which can be done in email In addition to the bullet points above, haven't you notice that barely any positive reviews on W2O have 'Helpful' votes while many of the negative ones have a lot of them? Maybe there are a lot of people who have not spoken out. Also, junior staff tends to be overworking consistently. What does senior leadership want to do now? They want to pick out a nice, modern floor plan for each office so that some of us can return to the office someday and feel excited. I get that social distancing is important but c'mon. That can be done without such a major makeover of the entire offices. Not sure if any of these overworked employees would agree that floor plans should be prioritized. I'm sure they are doing something else, hopefully something helpful and productive, at the same time, but if these weird and excessive spending habits (benefits only for parents or other specific groups but not all, acquisitions, and new floorplans...) they have IS a reason for the super low salary, who would think that it is justifiable? The free coffee and snacks in the office? Well, no one is benefiting from them now. I feel like they target recent grads to hire because they tend to be naive and won't detect BS as much as folks with a few years of experience at different companies.

Continue reading

"Get as much as you can while you are there."

1.0

I have been working at W2O Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to work on big accounts to get on your reel.

Cons

Bad communication between departments. Especially bad in light of the need to work remotely. I was totally burned by this experience and feel betrayed by the total lack of support by fellow creative managers.

7. COVID-19

"Great Place to Learn and Grow"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at W2O Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

W2O expects a lot from employees and you can learn very quickly. Senior team members give junior team members a lot of rope to grow and work on stretch projects. For the most part the people are great. Definitely a strong company culture and lots of events. Compensation is better than most agencies (at least at the junior and mid-levels). The company is doing great and even hiring during the pandemic, so lots of job security.

Cons

Hours can be long and there are a lot of expectations that people will deliver (as can be expected with agencies). Work is almost entirely healthcare/industry, so won't be many options to branch outside of that

8. "Great agency!"

Current Employee - Research and Analytics

I have been working at W2O Group full-time

Pros

Highly responsive organization that gets things done. Also very reactive to social issues that matter.

Cons

They may want to consider better coffee in the offices, the generic brand they have isn't great.

9. COVID-19

"Truly a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Group DIrector in New Hope, PA

I have been working at W2O Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

W2O's culture is one of our biggest strengths. People/talent are at the core of everything we do. Quality work, being hungry, and hard work are consistently recognized and rewarded. We celebrate and embrace diversity in every meaning of the word. Parenthood is honored - from programs like the 4th Trimester where all new parents are an assigned a coach to help with the transition as a working parent to leadership and management that supports and values parents from the top down. And on top of that, being part of a large start-up style firm means each person has the ability to make a major impact on the business. W2O is also well prepared to flex to the new COVID-19 reality, as we have a healthy "long hallway" approach with video conferencing as the norm, allowing for routine virtual connection points across our many global offices.

Cons

Constant growth (in size, scale, business, etc.) requires flexibility and agility, meaning it's not a fit for everyone. You need to be comfortable with ambiguity and have an entrepreneurial spirit (not a con for me but could be for some people). Health benefits are fairly expensive for less coverage than I've had at other companies.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Group DIrector

I have been working at W2O Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best people in the business. I'm consistently still learning and being challenged by my colleagues after nearly ten years here. Our recent acquisitions have widened and deepened our capabilities and with that given me additional opportunity to learn and explore new offerings. Our leadership team is excellent. They have continued to make great decisions to guide the agency to always be five steps ahead of the majority of our competitors. Our programs to support our employees, especially our 4th trimester program for parents returning to work after having a child, are incredibly valuable. Leadership has invested heavily in many programs over the last five years and it's very much appreciated.

Cons

Pretty fast paced agency environment.

Found 167 reviews