WANdisco Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

WANdisco Reviews

Updated Oct 1, 2019

3.8
WANdisco President & CEO David Richards  (no image)
David Richards
  1. "I worked at WANdisco for 3 years"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at WANdisco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The leadership communicates effectively and transparently. The team is the best and brightest I've ever worked with. Interesting and challenging work.

Cons

One team works on different projects. Sometimes different teams hit a lack of coordination with each other.

WANdisco2019-10-02
  2. "Not Much Direction"

Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in San Ramon, CA

I worked at WANdisco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good wage Friendly engineers 2 weeks in hotel provided

Cons

There was not much direction provided in my 10 week internship with the Research department. My supervisors were busy with their own work

WANdisco2019-07-08

"An Absolute Career Highlight!"

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at WANdisco full-time for less than a year

Pros

The WANdisco leadership team impressed me from the very beginning and I’ve continued to appreciate the leadership’s commitment to their employees, their customers, and to the technology. Even though the company has many years of experience, the company feels like an entrepreneurial startup with every employee having an opportunity to identify and take ownership of identified challenges and then receive the associated recognition. My experience with our broadly distributed team has been all positive, everyone seems passionate about the products and the company’s success. All of the teams share an objective to make our customers successful and the unity around the customer makes every day feel like I’m contributing to something bigger than just my personal work product. I have had many great corporate experiences, and so far, WANdisco is becoming a career highlight.

Cons

Based on my frame of reference, I struggle to personally identify any “cons”, so you will have to review other posts. I’ve worked with the overly processed >100K employee companies where the opportunity for independent thought is limited to senior leaders, this is not one of those companies. WANdisco is still a company with numerous opportunities to drive improvements and everyone seemingly has a voice. Our CEO is very involved and continuously seeks opportunities to help, he’s frequently visiting the different offices and meeting with people at all levels in the company. Alternatively, you’ll also find him participating in Slack channels providing necessary guidance to working teams. I’m thoroughly enjoying my time here at the Disco!

WANdisco2018-06-25
  4. "Java Engineer"

Current Employee - Java Engineer in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at WANdisco full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are really nice here. My manager Rob is very kind and help me learn a lot.

Cons

no free lunch in the company.

WANdisco2017-12-18

"Great Engineering Team"

I worked at WANdisco full-time

Pros

Great engineering team; work is interesting and the team is incredibly helpful. Fairly good benefits.

Cons

Steep learning curve as an intern if you're new to Paxos or Hadoop

WANdisco2017-08-31

"VP"

I worked at WANdisco full-time

Pros

cool logo and cool website

Cons

The management and product are all hype

WANdisco2017-09-19

"Software Engineering Intern"

Software Engineering Intern in San Ramon, CA

I worked at WANdisco for less than a year

Pros

good company culture engineering team is really nice

Cons

not as organized as needed

WANdisco2015-12-09

"Enjoyed every second, sad to go"

Senior Software Engineer in San Ramon, CA

I worked at WANdisco

Pros

I really like the people and product in this company. This is the best company I have ever worked for. I really respect the management of the company. People like Rob who run engineering is very nice and respectful of people feelings.

Cons

The company change direction from open source hadoop to a much better architecture that require no changes to file system. This means a number of jobs like mine was defunct. Sales of new product are going through roof so this means that company must focus on this products.

WANdisco2015-10-22

"Hazy Future"

I worked at WANdisco full-time

Pros

Thinks looked promising for some time but market need never materialized as expected and products never delivered on their promise

Cons

Hard to see any hope for future. Sales have decreased for last several quarters. Doesn't appear to be demand for products in the marketplace. It doesn't matter how good of an idea you have if no really needs it,

WANdisco2015-10-20

"Poor Sales Management"

Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at WANdisco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great technology but the Big Data market is still in its infancy and the real customer need hasn't surfaced yet. Great acquisition target.

Cons

The problem is with Sales Management and as a result there is an abnormally high turnover rate of sales people due to panic selling and intense pressure to make quarterly numbers due to company financial distress.

WANdisco2015-09-25

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 43 reviews