WBB Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

WBB Consulting Chief Executive Officer Robert Olsen
Robert Olsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • C Suite knows they need to change to survive but steadfastly resist all efforts to change (in 3 reviews)

• Hard to bring that sense of community across 7 home site and many client site offices (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"WBB, great place to work!"

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WBB has many pros outside the normal benefits most companies offer. What I like about WBB is flexibility to reasonably work from home or the office allowing me to maximize the use of my time. Additionally, the company offers many opportunities to excel should you decide to pursue it, and your involvement is up to you. Also, it is not so large a company that it forgets its people, and the office really feels like a family atmosphere interacting with its employees from the most junior to the most senior person. There is mutual respect. Once you become a team member, your opinion and experience matter, and as long as you let the other members know about your skills, they will make good use of them. On top of that, I like the fact that leadership looks out for you even when opportunities slow down and don't just kick you to the curb. The people are awesome and there is a wealth of experience and subject matter experts that know how to do there job and do it with quality and pride. I like being part of this kind of team. We do interesting work across the DoD and other government agencies as well as the civilian business sector.

Cons

WBB is a great company, but it is only what you make of it. Work can slow down at times, so you really have to seek out the opportunities and network yourself regularly. If you involved yourself, then success will come. If you sit back, you will have difficulties. Work and consulting projects will not necessarily come looking for you.

Advice to Management

Continue the lines of communication with your employees and continue to be open about where the company is going.

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. WBB continues to offer our employees multiple avenues to excel within the company. We are so glad to have you on our team!

2. "Part-Time Technical/Programmatic Support"

Current Employee - Program Management Subject Matter Expert in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Program Management Subject Matter Expert in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at WBB Consulting part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible time while enjoying challenging work, a supplemental income, and just the right amount of oversight. The team members are always helpful.

Cons

None so far from my observations.

Nov 13, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At WBB, employees enjoy a healthy work-life balance with opportunities for flexibility.

3. "VERY happy with my descision."

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WBB turned out to be the company I had hoped it would be when I sought employment with them. A very professional organization that values its employees. I am able to seek out the assignments that I am passionate about. Working conditions are flexible.

Cons

The nature of the work requires a motivated, self-starter. For the right person, this is NOT a con. However, for a person requiring a lot of supervision, WBB would not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing.

Nov 7, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! WBB continues to uphold values of professionalism and care towards our employees, that also includes opportunities for flexibility. Happy to have you... More

"Medium sized company, Big heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very approachable C-Suite, more so than any other company I've worked for. Helpful and knowledgeable coworkers, very reasonable response times. Most operations have the heart of a small company and the resources of a large one.

Cons

Equipment is going through update, will be better once update is completed.

Advice to Management

Keep up with rewards.

Nov 2, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to have you a part of our WBB family!

5. "Decent Firm; Poor Communication with Managment"

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time

Pros

Very good firm for experience and training software

Cons

Poor communication with management. I spoke to my Project Manager twice over a year long contract

Advice to Management

Improve communication and transparency for junior team members

Nov 13, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We welcome your feedback, and your suggestions have been passed along to management. For additional feedback, please reach out to HR@wbbinc.com.

6. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Action Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Action Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very professional, excellent employee support.

Cons

Salary as a contractor is set by the government, not much room for advancement.

Oct 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. WBB maintains a culture of professionalism and respect towards every employee. Glad to have you on our team!

7. "Trending up"

Pros

Starting to bring in more analysts. Great mentors with great experience. Great facilities.

Cons

Available billing hours can be limited depending on experience and who you know within the company.

Sep 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Our people are our number one asset, and we are happy you've had a positive experience working at WBB.

8. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WBB is an amazing company to work for with amazing co-workers. Everyone here is always striving to help each other by going the extra mile be it in the day to day or when it comes to how we treat our customers.

Cons

The only con I can think of is how far I live away from the office but that's on me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 7, 2017 – Human Resources

9. "A-team Professionals"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Professional culture where top quality is standard and for most employees supporting the Department of Defense in carrying out its mission.

Cons

Competing in services arena for the DOD can be challenging with the great number of competitors and sometimes lowball pricing.

Advice to Management

Find ways to the turnover in the Headquarters staff.

Aug 21, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. WBB continues to be a company of significant autonomy and professional corporate culture. We appreciate your feedback.

10. "I thoroughly enjoyed working at WBB and has very favorable experience working with colleagues at all levels."

Former Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at WBB Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Approachable management, superb educational support, plus the ability for employees' to address concerns with leadership are three of the many WBB "perks" I discovered right after coming on board.

Cons

Personally, I would have enjoyed more drop-ins from senior leadership at the customer site where we sat. Otherwise, no complaints.

Advice to Management

Thank-you for a most beneficial work experience. Keep going strong!

Jul 30, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you had such a positive experience working for WBB!