WBB Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
WBB Consulting President & CEO William C. McMullen
William C. McMullen

Pros
  • Leadership's focus on high quality work and ensuring the right work-life balance fits me well (in 8 reviews)

• WBB was/is a great place to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • C Suite knows they need to change to survive but steadfastly resist all efforts to change (in 3 reviews)

• Hard to bring that sense of community across 7 home site and many client site offices (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"WBB, great place to work!"

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WBB has many pros outside the normal benefits most companies offer. What I like about WBB is flexibility to reasonably work from home or the office allowing me to maximize the use of my time. Additionally, the company offers many opportunities to excel should you decide to pursue it, and your involvement is up to you. Also, it is not so large a company that it forgets its people, and the office really feels like a family atmosphere interacting with its employees from the most junior to the most senior person. There is mutual respect. Once you become a team member, your opinion and experience matter, and as long as you let the other members know about your skills, they will make good use of them. On top of that, I like the fact that leadership looks out for you even when opportunities slow down and don't just kick you to the curb. The people are awesome and there is a wealth of experience and subject matter experts that know how to do there job and do it with quality and pride. I like being part of this kind of team. We do interesting work across the DoD and other government agencies as well as the civilian business sector.

Cons

WBB is a great company, but it is only what you make of it. Work can slow down at times, so you really have to seek out the opportunities and network yourself regularly. If you involved yourself, then success will come. If you sit back, you will have difficulties. Work and consulting projects will not necessarily come looking for you.

Advice to Management

Continue the lines of communication with your employees and continue to be open about where the company is going.

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. WBB continues to offer our employees multiple avenues to excel within the company. We are so glad to have you on our team!

2. "Program Analyst - Contractor"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WBB is a company that takes care of its workers. Numerous branches led by intelligent staff that have been in the industry for years. Some of the biggest perks include:
    - Flexible Schedule
    - Excellent Compensation
    - Knowleadgeable Work Force
    - 401(k) Matching
    - Diversity of Roles within the company

Cons

Have yet to find a downside.

Advice to Management

The process to "step to the next level" seems a little unclear, and scattered across the intranet and senior staff. Having clear guidance on milestones and objectives to reach the next level within the company would help foster personal growth for employees, and in the long run strengthen WBB.

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. WBB cares about our employees, and your suggestions have been passed along to management.

3. "Opportunities Abound"

Current Employee - Homesite Consultant in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Homesite Consultant in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time

Pros

1) Teamwork - every project is a team effort
    2) Vast amounts of expertise and high quality personnel within WBB - opportunity to learn and gain experience from others
    3) Ability to work a wide variety of projects - acquisition acumen is a valuable commodity and in high demand
    4) Challenging - no 2 projects are identical, while similarities may exist the differences are enough to keep every day new and interesting
    5) Growth - opportunity to expand work toolkit with new skills and knowledge
    6) Exceptional and unique Homesite model

Cons

WBB is all about quality and providing top notch support to the customer, which means its presence in certain sectors sometimes is not as prolific as some other consulting companies...that often times translates to the lack of name recognition and an understanding of what WBB can do to help

Advice to Management

Keep after and retain high quality individuals that comprehend the WBB mindset, "Quality Comes Standard"
    Do not compromise on standards just to fill positions

May 24, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. WBB wants the best people to join our team, and your feedback is vital to job seekers. If you would like to provide further feedback, please ... More

4. "Good Initial Reactions"

Current Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me tell you that in my search for employment I was not going to make the mistake I made with my last job and grab the first job that made me an offer. In looking for a position I was looking for the following:

-Growth in the company
    -Teamwork/ability to learn from others
    -Good pay and benefits
    -Good company vibe

I was impressed with WBB at the onset because of their hiring and onboarding process. Extremely well-organized, great conversation and well-informed about my skills and how they would fit into this company. Communication was positive and timely, and I was well informed of where I stood in the hiring process.

Upon working my first impressed at the quality of coworkers and diversity of skills on the team that I work on as well as communication from leadership (personal note – I calculated that person-to-person interaction between by super and I in previous position was less than an hour a week).

Good work life balance and excellent telework options. Very product oriented. Open to individualism and actually fun.

Cons

None as of yet. NA.

Advice to Management

Please send out program overview and briefs before first day. Short suspense times are typical and having a good idea of what you'll be doing beforehand is nice bc you really hit the ground running.

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that WBB had the qualities you were looking for in a company. Welcome to the team!

"Cost Estimator/Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at WBB because of the many professionals that possess a passion and drive to continue support our warfighters in the DoD. The different projects I am involved in make my life at WBB interesting, worthwhile and exciting. I am not only involved as a lead on various tasks, but I also support other projects as a SME in my field.

I would also say that WBB offers flexibility and great work environment!

Cons

None to report at this time

Advice to Management

We need more company events where employees can feel appreciated. I have been working for one year and have gone to one event that I heled set up. A company who invests in the people, will reach higher levels of success because of those same people. Decided to invest in WBB employees today!

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is important, both to our recruitment team internally and to job seekers. We are glad working at WBB has been an enjoyable experience so ... More

6. "Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company Culture , Not a lot of Micro Managing and work life balance is great

Cons

Not to many cons. My position is a little under paid compared to the industry average and the turnaround has picked up.

Advice to Management

Management please provide the necessary training to employees that may get a promotion so they can be successful in their new roles.

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback. We take your suggestions seriously, and all of the reviews are passed along to our management team to better serve our employees.

7. "Excellent Organization"

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WBB is very friendly, thorough and establishes lines of communication in the office from day one. This has allowed me, as a new employee to have a smooth on-boarding process.

Cons

The only recommendation I would have is a full organizational chart for your location with pictures of the employees to help new employees put a name to a face.

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're glad that you had such a smooth on-boarding process. If you have any more suggestions, please contact HR@wbbinc.com.

8. "New Employee - Good Start"

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at WBB Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It seems to be a good company. The people have been very friendly and welcoming. The starting process has been good, was provided laptop and set up mostly within the first few days. They provide training and time to figure out your role.

Cons

Seems decent right now, I have no complaints.

May 1, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and WELCOME to WBB, we are glad to have you a part of our team!

9. "Don't Walk - Run To The Nearest Exit."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at WBB Consulting full-time

Pros

Nothing Positive To Say At All About This Place. Except maybe for a very small handful of folks

Cons

Disappointment is an understatement

Advice to Management

Respect.

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback. We are sorry that you had a negative experience, and we your feedback very seriously. If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to HR@Wbbinc.com, and we ... More

"Some good and some bad"

Former Employee - ISSO in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - ISSO in Reston, VA

I worked at WBB Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great office spaces
    - Plenty of food, breakfast, drinks available
    - Parking was easy and free
    - Good area to work in Reston

Cons

- Lack of good technical leadership
    - Sub-par post-military culture: To be clear I found that the attitudes and interactions were highly nepotistic, rank-centric, and difficult at times
    - Poor IT organization and unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

Value outside opinion. I ended up leaving this company because the Old Boys Club was so difficult to work with.

Mar 6, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! This information has been passed along to our management team for review.