WD-40 Company Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
WD-40 Company President, CEO, and Director Garry O. Ridge
Garry O. Ridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Company with a Purpose"

I have been working at WD-40 Company full-time

Pros

Company has a clear vision. The leaders are servant leaders. People, Passion, and Product.

Cons

WD-40 Company has no cons!

May 8, 2017 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your note! Yes, we have passionate tribe members and best-in-class brands that we are incredibly proud of. We certainly have our cons and are are far from flawless. With that said... More

"Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great place to work! Fast paced with always something to do. Offices are close by to others and the atmosphere is lively.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I could think of because of the great benefits, work hours of Fridays, and wonderful location.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management other to create a full blown internship program. You would have a lot of great candidates for the jobs.

May 8, 2017 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for valuable contributions during your internship. Great to hear you enjoyed our tribal culture.

Based on your feedback (and input from other interns) we are in the throws of... More

3. "Great Company"

Pros

Great people and a positive work environment.

Cons

None, everything was pretty great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Dec 6, 2016 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

We are so glad your time with our tribe was positive and hopefully rewarding. Best wishes in your new adventure.

"A place you belong..."

Current Employee - #IWORK4WD40 in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - #IWORK4WD40 in San Diego, CA

I have been working at WD-40 Company full-time

Pros

The values driven culture is unlike anywhere else. People who work here often stay for a very long time — sometimes their entire career. Everyone is passionate about the work they are doing — and the people are incredible. We are one big family and that's not something you get everywhere. Other pros include: early departure on Fridays, opportunities for training, international travel, industry leading 401K and pretty good health benefits for such a small company.

Cons

Small company so sometimes resources get constrained and projects must be prioritized. We don't have always have access to cutting edge technology but we also may not need it. Could be better at collaborating across the Company as employees are located all over the world.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. WD-40 Company is the only place I have ever worked where I feel like senior management genuinely cares about the well being of every single tribe member. It's very refreshing for corporate America.

Dec 6, 2016 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share your heartfelt feedback with our leaders and future tribe members. Thank you for all you do! Feelin the <3

"Recruiting Coordinator"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at WD-40 Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment!!! Everyone from the CEO to mail room supervisor was extremely engaging! My supervisor, Rachelle Snook, Global Talent Acquisition Manager was supremely knowledgeable and a great mentor to work for!!

Cons

None. One of the best work environments I've ever been a part of. I wish it was not just contract work.

May 8, 2017 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Awwww ... thanks for the positive lasting memories and great learning!

6. "Great Brands and Great People"

Current Employee - California in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Diego, CA

Pros

A tribe of passion people who truly live the company values. We are always trying to make it better and leave positive lasting memories, with our products and with each interaction.

Cons

People don't want to leave so there can be limited opportunities for advancement. But the growth plans and making those opportunities come to light.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the long-term, rather than short-term wins.

Jan 28, 2016 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your feedback! We are confident that our long-term strategic plans will create career advancement opportunities for our tribe to grow. Stay tuned.

7. "Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at WD-40 Company (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great working environment

Cons

There wad just too much work to be done

Advice to Management

Try your best and shoot for the stars

Oct 13, 2015 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Agreed! Our teams are busy and the days fly by doing what we love to support our brands.

"VP Global Org Development"

Current Employee - Vice President Global Org Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Global Org Development in San Diego, CA

Pros

Given my responsibilities, I cannot be viewed as unbiased, of course. But the absolute biggest attraction to me as an employee is that I get to do meaningful work, as I define it for myself. My values and vision of life matches that of the vast majority of our Tribe members. So I get to come to work, be myself, feel like I'm doing things that matter, and matter far more than the dollars associated with it.

Cons

I feel like I'm always about two inches under water. There are so many opportunities to improve what we're doing, and the list of valuable things to do is endless. But I don't believe that this is a symptom of WD-40 Company, per se. I think it's the bane of existence for people who like what they are doing and struggle saying "no".

Another possible downside to working at WD-40 Company is that we are spread thin and wide. We have a bit over 400 employees who live in 14 countries, generating revenue and growth in 176 countries. It's really hard to maintain close personal working relationships over those distances and time zones without being there in person. So those of us with global responsibilities spend a lot of time in the air, which can be a physical challenge at times.

Advice to Management

Looking in the mirror first, I'd say I need to ensure that I don't become complacent and smug. I would then offer that advice to all other leaders of our company. We're always going to be a package of Swiss cheese: we'll live by our values and we'll accomplish our objectives 99% of the time, but we'll always have holes to find and fill. As soon as we think we've got it all whipped, we won't.

"Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in San Diego, CA

Pros

1) Stellar executive team. First-rate CEO who makes everyone in the company feel important. I trust WD-40 Company's leadership to make decisions that balance the needs of all stakeholders, internal and external.
    2) Great work/life balance = happy, engaged employees. We have a long holiday break, 3 o'clock Fridays where we are encouraged to leave at 3pm, and competitive benefits.
    3) Positive, transparent, learning culture. You don't make mistakes: they're "learning moments." Wonderful "Leadership Lab" program to help you grow as a professional.

Cons

No big cons to speak of. I only encourage management to keep maintaining the open, positive culture.

Advice to Management

Thank you for seeing the potential in your employees and working to develop them. Your trust is invaluable.

10. ""Great companies start because the founders want to change the world, not make a fast buck" - Guy Kawasaki"

Current Employee - Senior Tax | Treasury Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Tax | Treasury Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at WD-40 Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the CEO down the line, the tribe members of WD-40 truly do exemplify the values of the company. Every day is filled with "learning moments", and your opportunity for advancement only ends when you decide it does. The Company believes that its tribe members are its greatest assets, and they prove this by financially rewarding every tribe member when goals are met.
    I am so thankful every day for the opportunity to work with such an amazing group of individuals!

Cons

I have yet to find one...

Advice to Management

Continue pushing the tribal mentality!

Jan 28, 2016 – Global Director of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your flattering feedback - we appreciate all you do to support our tribe and sustain the WD-40 Company economy! Our tribe is very passionate and proud of our brands - for sure!