WD Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

WD Partners Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2019

Found 67 reviews

2.9
WD Partners CEO Chris Doerschlag (no image)
Chris Doerschlag
  1. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture and people. Loved working there but needed something else

Cons

nothing really except no career progression

WD Partners2018-04-23
  2. "Great Workplace"

Current Employee - Architectural Project Designer

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Evolving culture at WD has great outlook. Great camaraderie and professional atmosphere.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow growth of team through mentoring exercises and training.

WD Partners2017-08-03
  3. "Excellent Company + High Talent"

Former Employee - Project Architect in Dublin, OH

I worked at WD Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great professional company with so many perks...gym, ping pong, work-life balance, inspiring atmosphere, talented coworkers. Great senior staff and support. Great project workflow.

Cons

Not too many, I felt very comfortable discussing any issues with various senior staff and getting the direction and/or challenge. Opportunities are there if you ask.

WD Partners2017-02-24
  4. "The Irvine office has a small office collaborative feel to it."

I have been working at WD Partners full-time

Pros

The teams are fully integrated with all disciplines. They function as one. Great comradery, great local leader. I see changes moving in the right direction.

Cons

As with most satellite locations, you are looked upon by corporate as a stepchild. However that seems to also be changing.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the great people you have on board and make them feel their hard work has not gone unnoticed.

WD Partners2016-10-20
  5. "Intern"

I worked at WD Partners

Pros

Great office building, good team building exercises, good environment, lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

Communication could be better among management

Advice to Management

Communication

WD Partners2016-09-21
  6. "It was a great opportunity"

Current Employee - Entitlement Coordinator in Irving, TX

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is very well organized and produces a great end result. The job allowed me to see how development projects come together for several different industries.

Cons

The workload varied and I almost never had enough projects to work on in order to fill out a time card for a 40 hour work week.

WD Partners2013-02-10
  7. "WD Partners' work environment is open and collaborative, and my design skills have significantly diversified in 2 years."

Environments Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WD Partners

Pros

WD Partners is an all-inclusive retail design firm that provides creative services in: marketing/insights, interior environments, architecture, engineering, operations, digital/3D, and implementation. Given the diversity of services, employees have access to tapping into these specialties/ resources internally. WD offers its employees multiple avenues & opportunities to take on more projects if desired. The team... structure is designed to build each designers' creative skills while maintaining the core brand identity.

Cons

If brought on to WD under a 90 day contract position, the contract usually extends out to a year rather than 3 months. Given the nature of the design industry as a whole, business tends to fluxuate quite often. Meaning job security is not promised if there are no projects/ new business developing. Look at yr. 2009 for example. However WD was one of the only design firms in the region to stay afloat during this... economic downturn because of a few revolving big box/cpg store accounts.

Advice to Management

The creative directors & senior designers I've gotten to work with have been more than leaders; they are design mentors. Something about this company feels like an extension of my family and less like "co-workers." Leadership only works when there is verticle & horizontal transparency, and this has been applied as a company wide guideline from the start.

WD Partners2012-01-20
  8. "The people are the best and the work is creative and challenging."

Current Employee - Creative Director in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time

Pros

The people are the best thing. We spend more time with each other than our families and the work family here Rocks! The benefits are very good and the typical workday provides a great work/life balance. We give back to our community in many different ways and the company not only encourages it but provides many opportunities to do so. The opportunity for learning is outstanding. There is some kind of... Lunch-n-Learn every week and many are taught by fellow employees. The company is fully behind any learning opportunity you want.

Cons

The communication could be better. Many times someone will get a promotion and people don’t know about it until you read it on the monthly newsletter. This makes no sense because people should be celebrated. Some directors are afraid to provide constructive criticism of my work. The only way we’re going to get better is to be open and honest with each other.

Advice to Management

Promote open and honest conversation with employees. The communication between executive level and workers needs to improve.

WD Partners2018-04-01
  9. "Environments Designer"

Current Employee - Environments Designer in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Variety of work, collaborative, great place to learn, care about growth

Cons

Pressure to work long hours, location, not a lot of boutique clients, discrepancies in management

WD Partners2017-10-15
  10. "No financial appreciation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at WD Partners full-time

Pros

Good people, good teams, good work ethic

Cons

No financial appreciation for your efforts

Advice to Management

Pay raises above national inflation rate, bonuses to those that help improve profits

WD Partners2017-10-05