WD Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Doerschlag

"Stay away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time

Pros

- People are generally nice and pretty casual work environment - You could get some diverse projects to work on which can help your portfolio if you are young.

Cons

- Ridiculous turn over rate: talented people leave quickly and others get fired after just few months (even weeks). - The company layoff is crazy and rude. People lose jobs when the work is slow (around December) and they over hire during the year. The company has no concern for people's livelihood. - Management acts like everything is great but they could care less if you are gone the next day. - No project management....

Advice to Management

- Organize core team and keep them rather than hire bunch of unqualified people. - You do not need large number of "Directors" who do not do anything but say bunch of key works and go to meetings. - Learn how to actually interview and find talent. - Hire actual cleaning service so the staff bathrooms, kitchen and office areas aren't disgusting. - Get rid of overhead but firing dead weight in management.

WD Partners2016-11-07
  2. "Intern"

I worked at WD Partners

Pros

Great office building, good team building exercises, good environment, lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

Communication could be better among management

Advice to Management

Communication

WD Partners2016-09-21

"Laid off after a few months"

I worked at WD Partners

Pros

Good pay, cool coworkers, nice benifits

Cons

Doesn't care about employees, cheap design quality

WD Partners2016-09-21

"Review"

I worked at WD Partners full-time

Pros

Great creative team that was very close and a joy to work with. Strong leadership from Directors and design managers.

Cons

Lots of turnover. Often felt unstable even with plenty of work. Management seemed to not fully understand the role of the design staff.

WD Partners2016-06-16

"Layoffs galore"

I worked at WD Partners full-time

Pros

Some great people to work with.

Cons

Cliquey, PM's removed from team's process. Layoffs happen every four months or so. No room for growth. Coworkers very concerned about everyone's business. Morale LOW. No raises or bonuses.

WD Partners2016-05-23

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at WD Partners for less than a year

Pros

Some of the most talented environmental designers I've seen. Nice creative space. Very casual environment.

Cons

Typically, I do NOT write many reviews. However, my employment experience was so disappointing I felt obligated to share my thoughts to help others avoid the same mistake I made working here. My list of CONS. -Often times people are hired and placed into roles which they did not apply for making it difficult to succeed. -Creative structure basically doesn't exist making it extremely disorganized and confusing. -Ownership...

Advice to Management

Ownership: Trust and respect the advice from the experienced people you hire. Understand these people can bring a fresh perspective on how other successful companies have prospered and retain talented staff members. Consider conducting exit interviews. Don't ignore their input. Rid your company from the upper management folks seeking power and personal gain. You are losing many talented people as a result not to mention...

WD Partners2016-05-14

"Personal Experience"

Former Employee - Program Analyst/Other in Dublin, OH

I worked at WD Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Work Life Balance, Flex Time, etc.

Cons

Not being in the role I thought I would be in, an unclear role communicated to myself and the rest of the company. Not taken seriously. Not much upward mobility.

Advice to Management

When creating a new role, make sure that the description and objectives are over communicated to everyone. Additionally, make the milestones for advancement as well as purpose of tasks clear. This is a preventative measure for ensuring clear communication across the company when utilizing an associate in this role and avoiding over or under use/completing tasks outside of jon description.

WD Partners2016-03-08

"Do Your Research!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canal Winchester, OH

I worked at WD Partners for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and overall, the company employs a skilled and talented set of associates.

Cons

With the ever-evolving and changing direction of Executive Leadership it's difficult to understand and implement "the next big idea." The role I was hired for was NOT the actual job function performed. There is much ambiguity and uncertainty of what a management role entails. In essence, there are more Chiefs than Indians which makes it difficult to have the necessary resources to perform the work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to re-assess their strategy and gather team feedback and buy-in prior to rolling out so many new initiatives concurrently. Good luck!

WD Partners2016-03-09

"Amazing talent at ground level"

I have been working at WD Partners full-time

Pros

High profile retail clients Fast paced environment Nice suburb of Dublin, OH Opportunities for client interaction Amazing pool of talent

Cons

Management always changes course, leadership is lacking. Lacks a team atmosphere Architectural division of floors divides the work and interactions with other disciplines

Advice to Management

Chose a course, stay the course, and believe in it. You have an amazing creative pool of talent who want to be mentored and who want to believe in their management.

WD Partners2016-02-20
  10. "Growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Director, Architecture in Columbus, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are the pro and the reason why everyone works for WD. Without the hardworking people the job is not sustainable

Cons

Hard work! Put in the time and you'll reap the benefits, however you have to make your own opportunities and push yourself.

Advice to Management

n/a

WD Partners2016-01-30