WE Communications Reviews in Mumbai | Glassdoor

Melissa Waggener Zorkin
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • I've heard of people complain of work life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Long hours/high billing expectation (in 14 reviews)

1. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at WE Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are opportunities for personal and career growth in every part of the company. Great mentors, great employee success. Very smart, hardworking people. Great managers. Great benefits

Cons

Never saw any faults as company has so much to offer

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. "India operations is a Joke!!"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai (India)

I worked at WE Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything besides people. I made some great friends there. Few exceptionally good people work there and that is the only good thing about WE-India.

Cons

Too many to mention here.The senior management (there is only one person who is the Managing Director, India) is the biggest joke ever. She has no vision for the company, no goals, works as per her whims and fancies as if this is her family owned business which may seem right considering the way it is being run. I was there for almost 2 years and did not see any big client wins, maybe because winning big names was not on the agenda. She is too busy micro-managing people instead of trying to see the bigger picture and win some clients. People were being hired when the employees had no work to do.I still don't understand why and how was the senior management in APAC so quiet about it as I am sure this company was started in India to make money. Now from what I know, their old clients have also left them which is not surprising. They claim to be employee friendly and brag about their "culture" which I did not witness at all. There is nobody from the HR team in India and obviously no one cares! This was my worst job nightmare in the 12 years of my work experience. I had a near sexual harassment incident within the office premises but absolutely nothing was done about it inspite of me reaching out to the big titles in HR and management. Infact they covered her back.
    I can go on and on but hopefully this should help.

Advice to Management

Senior Management should walk the talk!

"No roadmap for growth, espeacially as a start-up company in a new market- India"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at WE Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Globally it seems to be a very good organisation to be associated with. Since it is a start-up in India, you can expect to grow with it (if the senior leadership team wakes up in time) Work may be only for 1-2 hrs as there are no clients so rest of the time is leisure.

Cons

Not a serious company to work for, so expect your talent to go wasted. Like every other company, WE also brags about being a very proffessional and an employee friendly company but at the end of the day, they come no where close to the proffessionalism shown even by agencies smaller than them. Global Senior management will turn a blind eye towards employee grivances, low morale and even serious problems where other global organisations have taken strict action against such employees no matter what level or designation they held.
    The company lacks a growth map for itself so how can they have one for their employees. In the one year that I have been with them, there have been no client wins. The MD does' not even take on leads given on a platter. There is no employee training of any kind provided.
    The most disturbing fact is that people are constantly being recruited even with zero business coming in. Also you will not be allowed employee benefits and the India team also doesnt take part in global employee friendly programms as the MD doesnt see potential in them. Word of caution is to not go by the WEW India Facebook page. As it is misleading and paints a very rosy picture of the organisation.

Advice to Management

Take employee feedback seriously espeacially if its backed with proof. Compare your growth in India since you entered the market, with other start-ups who you consider to be your global competitors and annalize why they are so much ahead in the game. Employ senior level management who have a serious growth track record and run the company by example. Not ones who are taking you for a ride cause that is the biggest demotivational factor for the present employees in India.