WE Communications Reviews

Join the conversation on

Advertising

115.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=WE Communications~3817
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "no work life balance at all coz your superior will whatsapp you 24/7(in 27 reviews)
  • "Not every manager is a great manager(in 17 reviews)
  • "Low pay, reflecting leadership's arrogance that you're lucky to work there.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership can reward longevity over competence or ability to change with the times.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Long hours and unclear and inconsistencies on expectations for what it takes to keep moving up.(in 12 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WE Communications and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Work Culture

Apr 25, 2022 - Senior Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work and no real pressure to go into the office. Great team culture and people around you care about your work/life balance.

Cons

Benefits aren't that great. No separate sick day allowance and vacation days are accumulated.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

As good as it gets for a PR agency

May 10, 2022 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly and helpful peers Female-founded and led, independent firm Good experience working for Fortune 500s Prioritizes employee wellbeing, values and mental health

Cons

It's PR lol Your usual agency cons like peaks of high turnover so you're taking on a lot of work

3. 4.0

Great workplace; sub-par pay

May 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strives to provide balance for employees, really cares about employee wellbeing

Cons

Could do a better job at making their salaries competitive

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

People focused strategic comms agency

May 6, 2022 - Senior Vice President in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Purpose driven, strong positive culture, independently owned

Cons

Traditional capabilities and slow to modernize client offerings, strength lies in tech clients but not as strong in other industries

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Have never been so stressed out

Jan 14, 2022 - Senior Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is lots of talk about making sure you're taking PTO, taking care of your mental health, and I appreciate the $150 wellness credit.

Cons

Most things seem like just talk. Sure, take your PTO...but if you ask off for a day that a coworker is also off, your boss will probably say no. Or if you ask off and then there happens to be a big client meeting scheduled, sorry, no vacation for you. Or sure, use PTO, but you'll have to cram all of your work into less time, you can't just do some after. I've never felt more of a dichotomy between what a company says and what they actually practice. If you aren't based in Bellvue, where the headquarters are, forget about people trying to accommodate or include you. I know PR is a stressful job and sometimes it can be long hours, but I moved to WE specifically because I was told that it doesn't happen as much here and that mental health was valued. Quite frankly, I feel gaslit. I don't think I'll last much longer here.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Run, don't walk.

Apr 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People. Not all, but most. Leaders. Not all, but most.

Cons

Downsides ... People. Leadership. They say everyone is supported. That's not true. Not true one bit. I see people disappearing without it being communicated ALL. THE. TIME. And we're a COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY. Where's the transparency?

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

A healthy working environment

Apr 6, 2022 - PR Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Big name clients - Organized work streams - Smart and nice colleagues

Cons

- Conservative approach - PR only

8. 4.0

Great company culture

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, collaborative work environment; flexible work options; committed to improving D&I

Cons

Pay is a bit low

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible compensation for entry- and mid-level

Apr 13, 2022 - Assistant Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good internship program, learned a lot.

Cons

Poor compensation. Impossible to survive and pay bills with today’s cost of living. Don’t even bother if you get sick often. You will never get to go on vacation. Salaries are criminally low and when I asked for a raise I was not only shot down but provided with a list of things I do badly at my job (immediately after my extremely positive annual review)

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0

Disorganized Leadership

Apr 19, 2022 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great client names to add to the resume

Cons

Heavy volume of work and disconnected/disorganized leadership

Viewing 1 - 10 of 411 Reviews

WE Communications Reviews FAQs

WE Communications has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 452 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at WE Communications to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WE Communications employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WE Communications. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

59% of WE Communications employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WE Communications 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WE Communications to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be management, senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with WE Communications Job Seekers