WE Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

WE Communications President and CEO Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Melissa Waggener Zorkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • I've heard of people complain of work life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Long hours/high billing expectation (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Strong agency to build your career"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning and development program - especially strong for entry to mid level employees who want to learn the industry and be part of a unique culture
    Cool benefits programs including generous time off, paid parental leave, etc.
    Dozens of new clients enabling people to work on a bigger variety of businesses

Cons

The culture is very fast paced and sometimes people don't do enough to reach out to new colleagues as much as they should.

Advice to Management

Glad to see the range of new clients and strong leadership hires.
    Keep evaluating office locations to see what works best for the most employees.

"It Is What You Make Of It"

Pros

WE hires smart talented professionals who are passionate about the work they do and passionate about the clients they support. They offer great development programs for all levels of employees and generally go above and beyond and offer great benefits for the size of the company.

Cons

Like most companies, your experience at WE can vary greatly depending on what team you are on. Some teams struggle with work/life balance but many are great, some teams have bad managers, but most are awesome, etc. Building consistency across teams regardless of which client they support would be good for this company.

Advice to Management

Be willing to get in the trenches with your employees more, make time for face to face time with junior folks. Spend more time teaching all employees the business and invest more in key infrastructure positions.

3. "Great culture and people!"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

The people are warm and inclusive.
    The vibe is laid back.
    Great work/life balance.
    Smart, passionate colleagues.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet.

"Account Executive"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Great work environment - from the people, to the office, to the accounts. Range of activity benefits such as volunteer opportunities and working abroad.

Cons

Pay could be a little more competitive.

WE Communications Response

Jun 5, 2017 – SVP

I’m thrilled that you are having a good experience at WE. Volunteer opportunities and working abroad are a couple of my favorite benefits of working here too.

As you might have heard, we even... More

"Find your sweet spot"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

The people and the culture are two of the best things about working at WE Communications. When there are times of stress, everyone tends to come together to support one another. It's an extremely hard working environment and a fun one. Benefits are great - especially some of the non-standard benefits like our Wellness Program. The work/life balance also has seemed to improve. Which is also another pro for the agency. Depending on the team you're on, it could include some late nights depending on the work, but overall it's been a bit more relaxed and not as much expectations of needing to physically be at your desk. Most folks take meetings or calls from conference rooms so they may not always be at their desk, but it doesn't mean that there isn't any work being done.
    Plus the office is relocating to NW Portland soon. Huge shift for the agency but a great one to keep moving forward!

Cons

There have been times of disrespect coming from the top down which doesn't need to happen! If you want to keep your people, treat them well. Respect them. Think before you speak and before you act. We're all human. We're all in this together. Keep the nastiness away.

Advice to Management

More exposure to Sr. Leaders would be nice, especially with so many new ones joining over the last couple of years. Do some brown bags so the company can get to know who they are, where they've come from, what their focused on at WE, etc.

"Up your Comms Game with Smart Colleagues and Clients"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at WE Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Global agency with a lot of opportunity for growth and travel.
    Big, important clients and projects with high expectations and massive reach.
    Resources to do really cool storytelling on the account side and services side (creative, content, digital, etc)
    Sophisticated management and HR structure that values experience and career growth.
    Fair compensation and bonus structure.
    Ability to move up quickly in salary and responsibility.

Cons

I suspect some people would say a con is having Microsoft as a major client. It's not. It's a real opportunity to work on a major global account and you will do really sophisticated and top tier work.

As far as actual cons go, the commute to Bellevue from Seattle isn't always the most fun part of your day. But WE does provide transit passes and parking compensation which helps.

Advice to Management

Consider building in 5% of time for AEs and above to moonlight on other agency or client projects. That can be anything from a trip one year to another office to help on an announcement to being part of a new business pitch team. It's hard to do that on top of the L&D investments the company already makes, but those kinds of opportunities are rare at other big agencies and WE is primed to open the door wider for their staff.

7. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Intern in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at WE Communications (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible people, incredible office, incredible experience.

Cons

Large scale of clients, can be a pro as well.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Best time of my life since college"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I worked at WE Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing leadership, great location and strong teams. Having a location that isn't too central means a better space and the ability to focus on letting excellence happen by focusing a gold standard of client service. Fantastic clients like Microsoft that challenge your work to strive for your professional best. Inspirational leadership from the CEO down

Cons

I've heard of people complain of work life balance. I disagree with that. If you aren't focused, not willing to push the envelope of your ability, and don't want to work on clients who are changing the world go to Edelman or Weber Shandwick instead.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Having a values based business where doing good is as important as profit is something other businesses are only waking up to. You have a strong culture it, treasure it. It was amazing to work alongside industry thought leaders.

9. "SVP"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at WE Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to build a career. Teams work well together, managers and management are decent and transparent and smart. Overall, it's a very nice place to work.

Cons

Not too many here - it's a very nice place to work!

"WE is great!"

Current Employee - Client Service Accountant I in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Client Service Accountant I in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at WE Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great company culture.

Cons

Can easily get over loaded when people leave.