WGL Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Nature of the Business"

Former Contractor - Office Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Office Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at WGL Holdings as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I didn't work for WGL directly. Me and my business partner had a contract with them. We recruited, built, and trained our own sales staff. We sold both commercial and residential. It was overall a good experience. I was able to see sales from a different viewpoint which made me better at what I do. It also sharpened my leadership skills. The money was good while it lasted.

Cons

The only con was that the deregulation industry has become very over saturated so as time went by the pay took a hit. If it was two or three years ago I'd still be with them.

Advice to Management

Just do a better job of communicating and don't leave people in the dark and then tell them whats really going on at the last minute.

2. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

You are allowed the opportunity to do your job well, and management expects its employees to be high performers. There are a lot of bright, hard working people here.

Cons

There is a lot of change, which some people find frustrating

Advice to Management

Keep working hard for the customers, employees and shareholders

"Don't Work at WGL Holdings Unless It's Your Last and Only Chance of Staying Employed"

Former Employee - Corporate Communications Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Corporate Communications Representative in Washington, DC

Pros

The benefits were the best reason to work at WGL Holdings, but they're waning as more costs are being cut.

Cons

Senior management has cut so much from operations and outsourced so many work groups, Washington Gas is a shell of its former self. I have never worked at a company where moral was so bad and the employees treated so poorly. Washington Gas's value statement has shareholders, customers and employees last. You can definitely tell employees are last and management only cares about squeezing a dividend to shareholders.

Advice to Management

I would recommend the CEO and Chairman of the Board responsibilities be split into two positions. Currently the CEO is the Chairman of the Board and holds too much power. WGL Holdings needs to clean house and get new senior management. Cutting operations to the bone will only hurt the company and its customers as its infrastructure crumbles and their gas lines become dangerous and possibly deadly...

4. "Manager"

I have been working at WGL Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and stable company.

Cons

Static culture and reluctant to change.