WIS International Reviews | Glassdoor

WIS International Reviews

Updated November 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • With WIS you travel to many places and meet new people (in 37 reviews)

• Flexible hours, regular wage increases, team atmosphere and different locations everyday (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours with no breaks for very little pay (in 33 reviews)

• Early morning start times can be a little difficult especially when changing shifts from early morning to nights (in 24 reviews)

1. "inventory"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at WIS International part-time

Pros

They work with your schedule

Cons

Just rude and unprofessional she was.

Advice to Management

Not professional when you talk about your employee(s) because they have multiple questions because they are new.

"travel"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Mesa, AZ

I worked at WIS International part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to change work environment daily

Cons

Need your own transportation and no set end time for work shift

Advice to Management

Great job if looking for pt and don't need money not if sole income for household unless you become upper managment

3. "Inventory Clerk"

I worked at WIS International part-time

Pros

I dont have any pros about this company

Cons

Hours having a paycheck and stableness

"Inventory Supervisor / Driver"

Current Employee - InventorySupervisor in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - InventorySupervisor in Manchester, NH

I have been working at WIS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Different everyday, Great people to work with, hours are always there. Overtime is always available. Employee Discount programs.

Cons

No Insurance for PT. Long hours if your not looking for them. Early starts.

Advice to Management

Offer Part Time benefits, paid time off, and Medical, Dental, Vision insurance.

5. "Watch them closely"

I worked at WIS International full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, different work locations, decent basic wages

Cons

Too much "clique"ing going on, communication between supervisors and staff poor, very strict & greedy as far as travel time, breaks, etc

Advice to Management

Communicate better on what is expected and required. Be aware of cliques in local offices and how they shut people out.

6. "Associate"

I worked at WIS International part-time

Pros

It is a job I guess

Cons

Pay sucks, hours suck, they work u like a dog

Advice to Management

People show up to work on time so pay them for their time

7. "Inventory Supervisor"

Current Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at WIS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variation of work, decent travel

Cons

Hours hard to come by, counting sucks, must have strong computer aptitude

8. "WIS International Area Manager/Inventory Manager"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at WIS International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Non traditional schedule with early mornings and rotating evenings. Ideal for those not bound to a 8-5 schedule or life style. Good health insurance for salaried employees and a competitive 401K offering as well. Individuals who desire to not experience the same working environment day to day and love to travel will fit in well at WIS

Cons

Very poor overall compensation at the hourly level and full time salaried employees. This is not a job for anyone with family or small children who can not be away from the house for over 12 hours per day. If you are heavily in need of a quality of life with weekends off and a normal 8 hour work day this is not the job for you. Mid level managers are powerless to effect any change. Turnover is astronomically high at roughly 80% for the entire company. This previous issue leads to the inconsistent team environment and lack of any forward progress in development at the associate level. Managers are focused on plugging the holes and not on associate development which in turn leads to a negatively preforming cost centers measured by unrealistic goals set at the corporate level.

9. "Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at WIS International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people, decent benefits and vacation package.

Cons

Extremely low pay, huge disconnect between upper management and teams, not room for advancement, very top heavy, no holiday bonus or any kind of bonus for a good performance.

Advice to Management

Pay more to people who matter and have less managers. Bring bonus program for all employees not only for upper management.

10. "Terrible company and all the negative reviews are completely accurate."

Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Gainesville, FL

I worked at WIS International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really are no pros. Unless you count the management experience looking great on your resume.

Cons

I interviewed for the inventory manager position. I am a very detail oriented person and I ask a lot of questions when it comes to a new job. I was told I'd start at $13.00 an hour with a chance of a $1 raise out of training. Nothing was mentioned about different pay levels based on what I'd be doing (like driving, unloading equipment, loading equipment, or watching the inventory crew). On my first day I filled out the paperwork, and was reading all of the documents I was to sign. The office lady said, "you don't need to read all that, you'll be there forever if you do". Well that set off a red flag. I read any agreements I have to sign regardless, that's what any adult with common sense should do. But with that comment, I reviewed everything with a fine tooth comb. Come to find out, this management position includes no benefits whatsoever. It also had next to know chance of more than 28 hours a week. The kicker, anything I would be doing aside from the actual managing of employees, I would only get paid $8.15 an hour. That was NEVER mentioned to me prior to me seeing this in the paperwork on the first day. So any drive time, which was a mass majority of what the workday would consist of, I'd be taking$6 less an hour than what I was offered. In addition to how far I'd have to drive to even get to work in the first place made it not worth my time at all. I respectfully declined the position, and the hiring manager literally argued with me for days via email. This is the shadies most unprofessional company I've ever seen in the last 17 years of my working career.

Advice to Management

Be truthful of starting pay, get more organized, offer benefits and full-time hours to at least your management and maybe you wouldn't have such a high turnover.