WOFL-FOX35 Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great people"

Former Employee - Promotiions Coordinator/Web Producer in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Promotiions Coordinator/Web Producer in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

Great people, great culture, great work. I hated to leave but my job was eliminated. They gave me full warning however and a great severance, so all was good.

Cons

Just like everywhere there are negative people, but overall it was a wonderful experience and I would work there again in an instant.

Advice to Management

Listen to the negative people, and look at things they might complain about, but some people need to realize that TV is a 24 hour jog. Upper management became even better when they started letting lower level managers do their jobs.

2. "A bad place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Producer in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Producer in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at WOFL-FOX35 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full time and benefits, having a set schedule. Have paid time off and sick leave, if you need it.

Cons

Bad management, negative work environment, unfair to loyal employees. Unprofessional environment. I spend more time angry than focused.

"In four years our station went through several changes in senior management and several marketing strategies."

Former Employee - Executive Producer in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Producer in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

Fox 35 has some very hard working and great people to work with. Very loyal group of people. You'll work with seasoned journalists who want to win

Cons

Be prepared for long hours. I you don't bring a "don't go home until the job is done" attitude you will not survive there.

5. "Video Editor"

Pros

Friendly awesome coworkers and amazing benefits.

Cons

As any news room, it can be hectic and sometimes lack in communication but you can always feel free at this station to ask for clearification.

Advice to Management

I have no advice as the managers I worked under were awesome! They always worked with me when it came to requesting days off for vacation and thy always resolved any issues we came across while in production.

6. "Great company with awesome benefits"

I have been working at WOFL-FOX35 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good health insurance, get a raise every year (not a huge raise, they do percentage raises), lots of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Not a lot of perks (every once in a while you'll get a free movie ticket but that's about it), if you're salaried then they expect you to work a bunch of events on the weekend without getting comp time or extra pay

Advice to Management

Take notice of the good employees and try to keep them in the building. Help them grow and learn New things. I've seen a lot of good people walk out the door.