WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven Cochran

Pros
  • Free cable for Employees, Tools and uniforms provided you only have to buy boots (in 12 reviews)

• Great place to work & great people (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of upper-management vision (in 12 reviews)

• Lack of communication between departments (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Incredible place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never liked a job so much. The culture is warm, engaging, and empowering. We are valued and shown appreciation as employees. I expect to be here a long time.

Cons

Honestly can not think of any. Perhaps we're not the biggest in our industry but based on what I've heard about working for our larger competitors, that's not a con.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people!

Dec 12, 2016 – Talent Management Team

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy that you are happy at WOW! Our Culture Catalyst teams across WOW! are doing an amazing job building our culture and put a lot of thought and effort ... More

2. "Business Order Entry"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Augusta, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay is good and the people are very nice and helpful. Benefits are mediocre but getting better. Business side is growing fast!!!!

Cons

Smaller company which means no funding for better tech...or for bonuses at this time.

Advice to Management

n/a

3. "WOW is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Capacity and Configuration in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Capacity and Configuration in Elgin, IL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere for a call center environment. I wouldn't think of trying for a new job because I love the one I have now

Cons

401k is weak it needs improvement. A match of 1% on 5"% up to only 4 after 10 years? Seems more like a benefit for upper management rather than the normal workers.

Apr 12, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for writing such a positive review of WOW!. We value all of our employees and it’s people like you who make our company such a great place to work for. We appreciate your feedback on our ... More

"Field Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potterville, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potterville, MI

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A job, nothing more.

Cons

Management, lack of communication , poor pay, expect you to work hours a week for no pay(driving to and from jobs to home) extremely long hours and work schedule.

Advice to Management

Poor management and communication skills.

"Worked at WOW since 2013 (Sales)"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for advancement through WOW VIA projects to obtain experience for positions.
    Great leadership team, always willing to assist.
    You get what you put in, sales could be a $40,000 a year job, but if you do everything you should be doing consistently it's a $55-60,000 a year job.
    Great bonus structure for monthly new connects.
    Great people.

Cons

It's a phone job. Not the job for you if you do not want to be tied to a phone 7 1/2 hours of the day.

Mar 14, 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate the time you took to write such a positive review of WOW! We are thrilled to hear that you have had such a positive experience working with us and truly value the hard work of our ... More

"Wow"

Current Employee - Sales and Retention in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales and Retention in Augusta, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get a paycheck

Cons

no room for advancement have repair who have been with the company over 10 years and are still representatives supervisors don't actually know the job pay is low and equipment is outdated

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about who is friends with who train leadership on the job and please get managers who aren't obsessed with themselves

Apr 25, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are seeking ways to consistently improve our products and service and appreciate your feedback. If you would be interested in sharing more of your ... More

"My opinion of WOW cable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay, commissions, interaction with people

Cons

No longer like a family, a lot of back stabbing to get what you want. Only a select few willing to lend a hand without the complaining. There is blatant favoritism and privileged employees. Long hours

Advice to Management

Get back to the company you once were. Pay more attention to the type of people you have as supervisors (not always in the office or a restaraunt). Someone also pointing out the negative and never the positive unless management is around. Do a monthly or weekly ride a long, so the techs with feel more comfortable coming to management with their problems.

Mar 28, 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. As a company, we are always striving to improve and your feedback is extremely helpful and appreciated. If you have any other suggestions that you ... More

9. "Great products, could be one of the best telecom companies out there....BUT!"

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay plan, great products, great benefits, flexible transfer program. WOW spent alot of effort in getting feedback from it's employees but not sure if it translates to the field. Bottom line, it could be a great company and I was severely disappointed that the front line managers got in the way of this being a great company.

Cons

The worst sales managers I have encountered (2 in the time I have been with WOW) with a total lack of leadership and no ethical standards. In the time I was with WOW, I encountered a manager who typically didn't show up until after 9am, who offered zero guidance on systems or order input, who's ethics were at best, suspect and had zero territory management skills. The other manager was one I was supposed to transfer and work for but after reading numerous group emails where this manager micromanaged and abused his sales staff, I decided to terminate my position with WOW (see the March 26, 2017 review for more details).

Advice to Management

Get rid of the deadwood, the sales managers who clearly were rejects from other telecom companies. CLEARLY communicate expectations, daily metrics during the sales interview and not well into my employment. Get your sales managers to read a sales management book. Hire ethical and respectable managers who understand servant leadership.

Apr 12, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thanks for leaving your feedback for us to review. We are truly sorry that your experience with WOW! wasn’t entirely positive. Every employee and customer experience is important to us, and we would ... More

10. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Naperville, IL

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

Easy to sell, easy hours, and good money.

Cons

HR, HR, HR, HR, HR, HR

Advice to Management

Nothing

Apr 12, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to review us with both pros and cons! If you could provide us more detail with your HR related review--we would love to better understand your concerns. :) Feel free to ... More

11. "Not too bad actually"

Current Employee - Technician in Madison Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Technician in Madison Heights, MI

Pros

The company seems very honest and straightforward with its profits and losses and in which departments these fall into.

As a technician my day is pretty much how I want it to be. Some days are a struggle and others are a cakewalk.
    I understand this varies by each team, however the one I am with is amazing. Our supervisor is always in the field with us and we all have a good time. I have no problems hanging out with my supervisor or most others due to the culture. Other techs fall in line with teamwork or are blacklisted. This may seem like a con but it truly makes the difference in how a day goes. No reason to keep bad employees when there are 5 others waiting to take their place.

Lastly, there is always room for advancement within my shop.

Cons

Metrics are flawed. Technicians get punished for customer related issues that are out of a techs control.

Equipment is severely outdated and flawed. Instead of working on something new and fancy we seem to keep trying to improve a dying product that is possibly the least user friendly system of all time....ever.

Pay is crap in comparison to other companies in this field. There are ways in which to make more of course but it is nowhere near what you will see at other companies, aside from maybe bright house.

401k is poo.

Bad equipment comes out of the shop and into customers homes, causing embarrassing moments and unnecessary repeats.

Sometimes it seems that technicians are in their own bubble. Sales, dispatch, and even some upper management are so far detached from the techs it is amazing.

Advice to Management

Lower and mid management: At my shop I have zero complaints. Most of the issues I have listed we all know already. Keep doing what you all are doing. To those complaining of their supervisors being out of touch with their team or lazy, they should come take a class from our supervisors.

Upper management and other groups: Ride out with a few techs and get an idea of what actually happens out in the field. So many work issues could be solved by having others see what a day is like for us.

Feb 27, 2017 – Talent Management Team

We appreciate all of your feedback, both positive and constructive. It is important for us to know what we are doing well and what areas we need to improve on. We are happy to hear you have an ... More