WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Steven Cochran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • WOW offers Great Benefits and they treat the employees like family (in 30 reviews)

• Commitment to work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Business Account Executive II"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive II in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive II in Dothan, AL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel blessed coming to "work" every day. I worked for Verizon Wireless before coming to WOW!, no matter what I did I was treated like a number, working for WOW! has been the total opposite! I WANT to do my best every day, and even when I come short of my goals (which happens VERY rarely) my team picks me up and motivates me to do better.

Cons

None, I love my job and I look forward to coming to work every day. Some would consider working for "the underdog" as a con, but I have learned how to use being small as a benefit. Where we may lack the features and options other providers have we make up for it by having a personal relationship with our customers which allows us to be there whenever they need us.

Oct 5, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for your positive review of WOW!. Your personal experience here is touching to read and puts a smile on our faces. Thank you for your hard-work and motivation to come to work each day. We... More

2. "An inbound residential sales professional."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

This place is a great place to work. My co-workers seem to come together as a second family. I can think of no reason to leave WOW! The people are great, and the company treats its employees fairly.

Cons

As in most sales environments, taking advantage outs perks like vacations and personal days causes the sales professionals to lose money. So, work/life balance is not the greatest.

Advice to Management

Devise a plan to improve work/life balance. Perhaps, take an average of each sales persons income, find that salesperson daily income including commissions, bonuses, etc., and pay that amount to that salesperson for each vacation day or personal day taken.

3. "WOW The people keeps me coming back"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

Diverse, Family Oriented, Good start for the experience

Cons

Pay could be more competitive for the job requirements, stabilize the temperature

Advice to Management

Ask the advice of the employees so they can feel like there opinions and ideas are being heard

Nov 27, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you enjoy your coworkers and appreciate your advice to management. Please let us know if you have any other thoughts by emailing us at... More

4. "Good work environment"

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

Relatively stress free, positive work environment, customer orientated, excellent support system, great communication from all aspects of the company

Cons

Pay is not equal to the work put fourth, there is always more work to be done but no increase in pay, no room for advancement into leadership roles.

Nov 27, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for the review. We are glad your job is mostly stress-free and that it is a positive work environment all-around. We appreciate your feedback around pay and advancement,. Please email us... More

5. "I love WOW"

Pros

People are great. Coaches are nice and fun to be around Ave c is nice. Large open workspaces cares for. Employees

Cons

Billing systems are inconsistent and hard to learn. Just when you learn it something changes and you are struggling again

Nov 15, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for your review of WOW!. We are thrilled that you like your coaches and have taken your response around our billing systems into consideration. Thank you for your input and if you have any... More

6. "Not bad place to work but needs better benefits"

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

Great team of hardworking people.
    The ability to work from home occasionally.
    Management is helpful.
    Training classes offered occasionally.

Cons

The benefits could use some work.
    401K match isn't very good.
    Not many opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Love the WOW team. Management is very supportive. Employees are sometimes kept in the dark till the last minute which makes it difficult to adjust.

Nov 6, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for your review of WOW!. We appreciate your feedback on improving benefits. We are happy you feel supported by Management. If you have any other comments for us, please email us at... More

7. "credit and collection specialist"

Current Employee - Collections Agent in West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Collections Agent in West Point, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love collecting talking to customers and being on the phone

Cons

I would love more customers and collecting more money

Advice to Management

Keep the work coming

Nov 6, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thanks for your review of WOW!. We are thrilled that you love your job and helping customers. If you have any other feedback for us, please email us at WOW!cares@wowinc.com.

8. "construction coordinator"

Current Employee - Constructon Coordinator in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Constructon Coordinator in Augusta, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun and relaxed work environment/culture, the camaraderie with coworkers, interesting and varied job duties

Cons

the pay for this position is below average of industry standard. not many opportunities for career advancement. I originally began working for this company in 2006 before we were bought out by WOW! back then, we were knology. I left for a little over a year and was hired back. when I was hired back, I was told I would get my three weeks of vacation time back then the third week was taken from me. I would like to have that third week of vacation time.

Advice to Management

management said they were going to review our salaries against the industry standard but we have not heard or seen an adjustment to our pay. review industry average and bring our pay closer to it

Nov 6, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thanks for your review and your feedback around compensation. We know we need to improve in certain areas, and your insight is extremely valuable to us. Thank you again and we are happy you enjoy the... More

9. "field service technician"

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

different scenery, different people everyday. A ton of autonomy and very little time with a manager watching you so long as you do a nice job.

Cons

a lot of hard work, dont know if day will be crazy or not, difficult to get raises. they make it seem easy but you have to qualify for several things at once just for skillset raises.

Advice to Management

sales has nothing to do with my understanding of my job and should not effect raises

Nov 6, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We appreciate your hard-work and feedback on job advancement. If you have more feedback for us, please email us at WOW!cares@wowinc.com.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Cable Technician in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Cable Technician in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Friendly co workers
    Helpful management
    Fun work

Cons

Long hours
    Sometimes disorganized
    Takes a while to advance

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation
    Make routing a little bit more even

Nov 9, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback in regards to hours and disorganization and would love if you would provide us more details at WOW!cares@wowinc.com. You are valued at WOW!.