WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
WOW! Internet Cable and Phone CEO Teresa Elder
Teresa Elder
Pros
Cons
  • "401k match could be a lot better(in 19 reviews)

• "Upper management have other priorities, but always looks back once in a while(in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Happy Employee!"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Augusta, GA

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The company is wonderful, benefits are great. Leadership is truly open to feedback and is transparent about company goals. Everything that was promised to me during my interview and onboarding process was delivered. The culture here is phenomenal. WOW! cares not only about their external customers but internal customers (employees) as well! Love this company.!!!!

Cons

No Cons as of yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!!!!

October 16, 2018Talent Acquisition Team

We are so glad that you are having an awesome experience at WOW!. We agree, our culture is what makes us. Without employees like you, we wouldn't be the company we are!

2. "Constantly Changing"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

WOW! use to be a family environment, that has since changed

Cons

No real sense of the direction the company is going.

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you so much for your feedback. If you are willing to, please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com

"WOW! has two meaning"

• Overall
    Current Employee - Executive Response Team Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Great environment, growth opportunities, fantastic direct management, work/home life balance, skill building

Cons

laid off, office politics, squabbling executive leadership, poor decision making

Advice to Management

Take into account every voice that can be heard prior to making a decision, such as the experts on the situation or subject, plan things out better prior to making a decision

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback. Could you email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com to go over your feedback in-depth? We'd like to make sure your voice is definitely heard.

"Stock holders! Stock holders!"

Current Employee - Slave Labor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Benefits, free internet and cable.

Cons

Managment, Corporete, greed, stock holders and poor Decision making.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who cares, cause you definitely have the Corporate greed bug.

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

We're sorry to see this is your perception of WOW!. What do you think would have made your employment better? Please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com

"Was great, now it’s another cable company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

When I first started years ago, the culture, morale, customer service was what made me leave the competitor and come work here! Management cared about employees, employees cared about customers and we enjoyed coming to work.

Cons

The new management only cares about hitting budgets and KPI”s. Now that they went public, it’s all about satisfying the shareholders and not insuring your front line employees are happy. Over 90% of the team where I was working at, was looking for a new job. Increased pricing, techs not giving a crap because they were worried about their jobs daily. What a horrible work environment to come to daily, thank you for helping...

Advice to Management

Slow down, remember the company is ran by your front line staff and it’s hard to replace top talent, not the overpaid executive team making $250k+ a year each and pulls in no revenue. If you have an employee that is consistently your top, wins winners circle and is ready to jump because of poor decisions you are making just to increase a few numbers, maybe it’s tome to re-evaluate your priorities.

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback on your experience here. We'd like to hear more about what you felt led you to leave WOW!. If you are able to, please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com.

"More Egos Less Business"

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Pinellas Park, FL

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Untapped market with a comprehensive compensation plan.

Cons

Limited personal with a true understanding of what local teams are up against in each market.

Advice to Management

Involve field teams into discussions on marketing needs on promos.

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for giving us feedback on how you think we can improve. If you'd like to give us more insight into how the field team could be better involved, please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com

"disappointed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

lost its wow factor too bad

Cons

service does not work techs don't care

Advice to Management

you will fail

February 5, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

We're sorry about your experience working at WOW!. We'd like to hear more about the services you dealt with and your advice to Management. Please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com so we can discuss it further.

"Horrible - not worth it!"

Former Employee - Horrible

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were.... ok. Except many of them were very unhelpful and sexist.

Cons

Good ol' boy network of management.... sexist.... no training standards; 401k matching was a joke... just overall not a good place to work! Management allowed discrimination, a hostile work environment, and just an overall crappy place to work! Also, co-workers were not willing to train new employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, stop judging, and treat everyone equally! Women are NOT lesser to their male co-workers! Need more formal training as well.

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

We are sorry to hear about your experience. WOW! is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we highly encourage everyone to contact our Anonymous tip line if they are experiencing any issues with leadership or employees. Please contact us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com so that we can gather more ...

"Horrible"

Former Employee - CSO in Warrenville, IL

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It was a job.

Cons

Company is a perfect example of what happens when you continually hire and protect friends and family. Just a damn joke.

Advice to Management

Management is beyond advice, they are ALL clueless.

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback. Can you give us more information on your experiences with Management? Please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com

"Thank you for kicking me out the door to find a better place."

Current Employee - CSO in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It is an ok group of people. Now that I have to search for a new job because they are closing the department I am finding they had some pretty good benifits

Cons

leadership is a joke, I have seen sups burst into tears because they did not get what they wanted. Instead of focusing on customers we all have to focus and worry about KPIs. When you look at the KPIs they contradict and work against the KPIs of the departments you should be working with.

March 18, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to get in touch with you to discuss this further. Please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com

Found 624 reviews