KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.4
WOW! Internet Cable and Phone CEO Teresa Elder
Teresa Elder

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and a company that genuinely cares.(in 86 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and treat you like family.(in 68 reviews)
  • "Great pay and moral.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Great core values that they try to live by and encourage employees to live by also(in 27 reviews)
  • "The employees are great and very different in every way.(in 23 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WOW! Internet Cable and Phone and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great place to work!

Apr 6, 2022 - Manager in Evansville, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has excellent benefits, teamwork, and powerful upper management.

Cons

I have worked here for 15 + years. Every company has small flaws, but nothing too big here.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Response

We’re focused on building a workplace where all team members are valued for their strengths and contributions. We’re so happy that you’re so happy!

2. 5.0

Great place to work!

Oct 13, 2021 - Manager IT Security Engineering in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small teams where you get to work on a number of different technologies.

Cons

Multiple (15+) projects at once.

3. 4.0

Great Place to Work

May 5, 2022 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Over the years I have been able to grow and learn to become a leader. I am pretty close to my management and they have watched me develop over time which I can appreciate.

Cons

I wish the pay was a little more than it was. Our raises are not that great.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Response

Thanks for your great review and we can’t tell you how happy it makes us to hear you are pleased with your work experience at WOW!. You are important to us and we hope you feel the love every day.

4. 4.0

Do it yourself

Apr 22, 2022 - Business Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom, Good Comp Plan, Great Boss

Cons

HR is terrible, you are basically running your own company

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Response

Even though this review has some negative aspects to it, we are so glad you’ve given us feedback. We can’t get better unless we know what isn’t going well. We are taking your feedback to the leaders involved and are going to focus on improvement. Thanks.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A

Apr 24, 2022 - IT Help Desk in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

People were good to work with. Good middle leadership

Cons

Not enough pay. Multiple roles in one job.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Response

It’s always great to hear compliments, but we’re equally interested in hearing about opportunities for improvement. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We’ll put in the work to get better.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

good place to work

Apr 1, 2022 - Principal Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

really good work culture. Great people.

Cons

older systems. no planned career growth.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst company I've ever worked for

Apr 22, 2022 - Field Service Technician in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Internet, cable, and phone.. although it's still wow service...

Cons

Under paid. Under staffed. Over worked. Get treated like a child. Everything Really...

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your WOW! experience with us. We’re always interested in exploring ways in which we can improve. While we’re sorry to see you go, we wish you the best as you take the next step in your career.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

NOT GREAT

Mar 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Time off, they consider 12-23 a holiday

Cons

Attendance policy, salary, unhealthy environment, will add more responsibilities but no extra money STOP MAKING PEOPLE WORK HOLIDAYS you Hippocrates!

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Response

Darn it. You are no longer with WOW! so we can’t work with you to make your experience better. However, we hear your feedback and will take a look at the areas you mention.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

It was great ten years ago.

Mar 18, 2022 - Technician in Schaumburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits and time off

Cons

Company has always prided itself on culture but when it became publicly held and acquired another cable company, things went downhill. Customers hate the overseas call center. I was in the market that was just being groomed to be sold. Management for my region was a joke, and it was so bad that several techs petitioned to unionize. The company's response was hilarious, suddenly they were very interested in making things better, getting us new trucks, having biweekly meetings which were thinly disguised efforts at "union busting." There's also discrimination.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your WOW! experience with us. We’re always interested in exploring ways in which we can improve as we strive to ensure employee satisfaction. While we’re sorry to see you go, we wish you the best as you take the next step in your career.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good People, but poor management

Mar 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Mostly positive coworkers *Work from home *I have never had any issues with my paycheck being delayed or shorted

Cons

*Poor HR help if ever needed for anything, which unfortunately is important to seek promotions *Management is not interested in the opinions of employees

Viewing 1 - 10 of 811 Reviews

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews FAQs

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 833 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WOW! Internet Cable and Phone employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

56% of WOW! Internet Cable and Phone employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WOW! Internet Cable and Phone 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone? Share Your Experiences

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Careers

Cover image for WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

Our philosophy is simple. We deliver an employee and customer experience that lives up to our name in all of our dealings, no matter how...More

• Work At Wow!
  • Benefits

Company Updates

201 days ago

Company News
The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition determines and honors national organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment. Communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, and retention are just a few of the ways the winning organizations are assessed. Companies across the country as well as regionally who are striving to be the most influential, and trend-setting are the ones that are named winners for this award. WOW! has consistently been voted the Best and Brightest Company to Work For since the commencement of the award in 2011. We dedicate our resources to the well-being and professional growth of every employee. Our teams continue to deliver the best broadband service as well as an unrivaled customer experience founded on Respect, Integrity, the Spirit of Service, and Accountability
Shared image

711 days ago

Black lives matter. Period. The killing of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and countless others is intolerable. These are only the latest in a long line of injustices perpetrated on the Black community that tragically stretch back for hundreds of years. We condemn all forms of racism, bigotry, hate and systemic oppression. We are encouraging our employees to advocate for racial equity. We provide our employees with paid-time-off to volunteer in their communities, including exercising their First Amendment right to participate in organized peaceful protests to combat racism and discrimination. We have also made a financial contribution to the NAACP’s Legal Defense Fund in support of the fight for racial justice. In addition, we will use our voice on social media to regularly highlight and raise awareness of issues the Black community faces, as well as to celebrate their victories.
Shared image