WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

2.9
WOW! Internet Cable and Phone CEO Teresa Elder
Teresa Elder
Pros
  • "Great benefits and chance for advancement(in 37 reviews)

• "Always ways to make extra money by selling new services & upgrades/Good benefits & vacation time(in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I'm a lifer!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Evansville, IN

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great family atmosphere. Great benefits Great pay Great leadership opportunities

Cons

I don't feel there are any cons.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2019-11-22

February 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you so much for your feedback! If there's any more you'd like to share with us please email WOW!Cares@wowinc.com.

2. "Great overall experience during my employment"

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Dothan, AL

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great family atmosphere, great benefits

Cons

Really nothing to complain about

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2019-08-31
  3. "Great Environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Columbus, GA

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Definitely enjoyed the work environment and majority of the people that worked there.

Cons

Lack of training and opportunity to grow in my area.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-05-27

"No resources, poor leadership, no strategy"

2.0
    Current Employee - Digital Manager

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amidst the COVID-19 crisis, Internet services are experiencing a surge in subscribers and sales. I guess it's a nice thing for WOW! to be able to stay afloat in this crisis.

Cons

Too many to count... Politics, terrible leadership, no plan/strategy, IT is the worst organization I've ever worked with, Marketing is full of fluff and no real brains, none of the decisions are based on actual research / data, nobody understand digital, nobody understands the value of data, current customer technology is 1995 quality, they don't understand that retaining customers is actually a cheaper/more effective business strategy than just focusing on new sales, therefore everything is geared towards reactionary new sales and no budget for retention.. HR is not helpful at all, benefits are meh, for being a woman-led company, the maternity/paternity leave policies are super archaic, and I could go on and on. But you should probably look somewhere else unless you are desperate.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-05-18

"Awesome place"

Current Employee - NOC Technician

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

None honestly they have great staffing

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-03-21

April 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Team

We are so glad to hear you enjoy your time with WOW!. If you'd like to share specific feedback on what makes it great to work at WOW! please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com

"Extremely disappointed to represent this company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

You can make money here if they don’t fire you for no reason. The top sales reps have all been fired in the company due to job eliminations.

Cons

Just eliminated many outside sales reps and managers. This was done in the same month we were told we would be off with pay like our competitors then told we will not be off and we need to make phone calls and get the same results as we were knocking doors. Kept telling everyone they would do right with their employees then let them go in the worst job market in the history of the world. The ones that are left do not feel good about being here and know it’s a matter of time before we see the same fate. Also not everything you sell you get paid for. Techs have issues getting jobs installed and it got worse during the covid-19 pandemic with techs not wanting to do installs. Upper management Is unbelievable here. All metrics are way over analyzed and they get upset if you call for help. They will call you and threaten termination.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-04-23

April 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Team

The COVID-19 global pandemic has put significant and unexpected pressure on many businesses. Cutting positions is never easy. In this environment, we are particularly saddened that some employees will have to bear the brunt of something in which they had absolutely no control. If you have any further feedback or would like to discuss this difficult time please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com.

"Don’t trust ‘em."

2.0
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can make a lot of money

Cons

Company doesn’t know their head from their tail, refuses to replace outdated equipment, and it literally wrecking the company. Operational nightmare with techs holding all The power.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-03-25

April 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to find out more about your concerns. Please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Analyst in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, Great work-spaces, friendly and caring staff

Cons

Parking after 9 am can become and issue

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-02-18

"Upper mobility is possible"

4.0
    Former Employee - Cable Technician in Columbus, GA

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and chance for advancement

Cons

Advancement and tuition reimbursement can be slow to happen

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-02-17

"No consideration for the health or safety of employees or the public."

1.0
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I still have a job

Cons

Today is Friday 3/20/20. Wow cable is still requiring residential sales reps to go door to door as a condition of employment. I believe this is a violation of OSHA Guidelines. This shows a general lack of consideration for the employee, their family, and the public at large. "In assessing potential hazards, employers should consider whether or not their workers may encounter someone infected with COVID-19 in the course of their duties." www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/hazardrecognition.html#exposure_risk

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone2020-03-20

April 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback. Since you've submitted this WOW! was able to reassess how we interact with our customers, both current and future. Please email us at WOW!Cares@wowinc.com if you have any further feedback.

Found 674 reviews