WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
WOW! Internet Cable and Phone CEO Teresa Elder
Teresa Elder

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • WOW offers Great Benefits and they treat the employees like family (in 30 reviews)

• Commitment to work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Business Account Executive II"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive II in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive II in Dothan, AL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel blessed coming to "work" every day. I worked for Verizon Wireless before coming to WOW!, no matter what I did I was treated like a number, working for WOW! has been the total opposite! I WANT to do my best every day, and even when I come short of my goals (which happens VERY rarely) my team picks me up and motivates me to do better.

Cons

None, I love my job and I look forward to coming to work every day. Some would consider working for "the underdog" as a con, but I have learned how to use being small as a benefit. Where we may lack the features and options other providers have we make up for it by having a personal relationship with our customers which allows us to be there whenever they need us.

Oct 5, 2017 – HR Leadership Team

Thank you for your positive review of WOW!. Your personal experience here is touching to read and puts a smile on our faces. Thank you for your hard-work and motivation to come to work each day. We... More

2. "Great opportunity to climb the ladder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Hard work is rewarded
    Able to move up in the company
    Multiple promotions in under 2 years

Cons

401K matching could be improved

Advice to Management

Continue to build the WOW! brand and family! This company has so much potential. Please also continue to invest in the people you already have. The opportunity to grow with the company and continue to move up has been AMAZING and different from anywhere else I've worked.

Apr 30, 2018 – VP Total Rewards

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're always looking to improve our 401K package. We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying being a part of WOW!.

3. "good working environment for the empolys"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good working environment for the employs

Cons

increase the salary pay structure

"POTENTIAL TO BE A GREAT COMPANY"

Current Employee - Business Support
    Current Employee - Business Support

Pros

Great co-workers, friendly place to work, some great supervisors and managers

Cons

Terrible Pay, Little Room for advancement if your not direct friends with management.

Advice to Management

I have given this company many years of my life with the hope that things would get better. This place has potential to be great but it lacks true leadership. I love a fast past work environment but at some point you have to have true direction. system changes are done almost weekly. the changes do no have much benefit but actually makes processes take longer, Not sure how much money goes into wasted training. Not to mention this company does not have the correct tools to make the changes they try to implement, computers are old and out dated, To the point you have to even clock in several times a day simply because the computers can't handle the software. Over the years i witnessed changes of CEO's, Managers etc. The turn over rate seems to be high with upper management. the constant changes impacts every employee directly. Any call center employee will tell you that your job description will constantly change, More duties and work will be added but they pay will never reflect it. Not only will your job description not match the the duties but depending on your position you will become a phone receptionist having to transfer and direct calls to every other department. Over the years its been several broken promises of raises and competitive salary increases only to get get a yearly review which they try to give you the lowest scores possible to justify a 15 to 50 cent increase. So much focus is places on making the customers happy make them feel important etc Did management forget about its employees? How about place more focus on the employees who work to keep this company going? Doesn't matter how good of a job you do it will only be repaid with a meal and a broken promise. So advice to management PAY your employees. If you have an employee who has given you 10+ years of service the least you could do is offer competitive pay. Not only are you not paid fairly but new hires come in the door making equal pay as a senior employee? If the same focus goes into making your employees feel as valued as you want the customers to feel things would be a lot better.

5. "Growth Year"

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WOW! provides Fiber,PRI, SIP well for your SMB-Mid Market Business. Benefits are fair. New Leadership in the C-Suite seems to not be afraid to rock the boat.

Cons

Room for growth in the sales organization is extremely limited. Compensation is low compared to similar companies. WOW! needs more sales enablement tools to increase sales and less reports that show little to no value at the rep level. Install process is long and warrants noticeable cancelled orders.

Advice to Management

2018 will be a re-build year for WOW! with a new C-Suite. Re-Evaluate your hosted VoIP offering. If WOW! wants to compete in that arena, please add bells and whistles. Establish a MDU/Bulk Strategy that is cost effective for WOW! and the end user. Eliminate the reports that bog down the sales reps from selling... if this happens, WOW! will increase employee tenure with this minor change.

"Not for sales pros"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company talks about values but they dont follow through.

Cons

This company has a big problem. They are so despererate for sales they have independent agents running wild selling services for less than the sales team can, which is against the rules. They spy on your accounts in the system make lots of promises to customers and undercut you on price. The call center takes leads you should get and finds loopholes to make sales. The management ignores it just go knock on doors and bring in the sale and stop complaining. They talk about integrity but I dont see it. Dont work here.

Advice to Management

Get out of the offices in HQ and visit the local markets. You are out of touch. Stop treating the sales people like kids my manager hounds me constantly for activity and I waste time chasing stats on reports. I have never been managed like this.

"field tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Discounted services. Most coworkers are pretty good to work with

Cons

This company is continuing to go downhill fast. They're pushing new rhetoric about caring abo it employees bit it seems they only care about a select few who are buddies with management while the majority suffer with little to no raises, heavy work loads and empty promises. Advancement is nil unless you're part of the boys club, it's well known they have already decided who is getting a promotion before they even post the position. The biggest focus is hyping sales contests to distract from the myriad other problems afflicting the techs on a daily basis. "You're only getting a dime raise but if you sell a bunch of services propel don't need we'll have a cheap steak lunch that most of you won't be able to attend!" This place used to be so much better and we believed management actually cared about us as people. Those days are long gone.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on just ask contests and worry about fixing the broken mobi and tech tools. Create more reasonable time frames and work loads. Realize that not everything is cookie cutter perfect and stop judging techs soley by obscure metrics. Being denied a raise because of just ask sales and taking too long to do your job correctly is very demoralizing. Especially when there are guys who go into a home, sell the customer an upgrade and leave without fixing anything then get praise heaped on them.

"WOW can be a fun place to work"

I worked at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

Open environment. Fast-paced. Great health insurance.

Cons

Frequently changing objectives. Lack of direction. Frequent reorganizations

Advice to Management

Figure out where you're going and communicate objectives clearly

Mar 22, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us both positive and constructive feedback! We are glad you enjoy the fast paced and open environment we have ! We have had a handful of changes recently and... More

"Inconsistent Policy - Leadership Turnover"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

Pros

Great relationships with Co-workers. Love my manager

Cons

No room for career advancement or promotions after multiple years of employment and favorable reviews. Revolving door for C-Level leaders recently

Advice to Management

You say you invest in your employees, but I work hard every day and feel incredibly under appreciated. My reviews are always favorable, but my requests for raises are always rejected.

Apr 27, 2018 – Recruitment Media Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. It’s so good to hear you had a wonderful manager and coworkers!
    We do also appreciate you being honest about the issues you may have seen while at WOW!. Our new VP of... More

10. "lead"

I have been working at WOW! Internet Cable and Phone full-time

Pros

we get raises. i love that

Cons

customers yell at youmost of the time

Apr 27, 2018 – Recruitment Media Coordinator

We’re glad that you were able to earn a raise and are so thankful for the hard work that got you to that point. Do you have any additional feedback that might help with the customers interaction or... More