KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WP Engine and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee

Can't and won't recommend this company

Aug 31, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance, Holidays, coworkers, work from home

Cons

Inexperienced leaders especially in sales. Lacking emotional intelligence and experience to run a team. Boys club. Unattainable goals. Diversity is not as they present it to be. Actually not a whole lot is how they presented it to be in the interview process. I even read the glassdoor reviews with excitement only to find they incentivize positive reviews. Most of the employees I work with are not happy. Not meeting goals and having to budget on the low base salary. In a nut shell this company and the roles are not at all as they are presented during the interview process. I left a decent job (boring but stable) to come here hoping for opportunity for growth and ability to make more money. Very misleading. So now I am in the job market again. I refuse to stay at a company that does not deliver as promised. This type of behavior does not benefit anyone involved. I've wasted my time and the company has wasted money training and onboarding a new employee. Try being transparent and honest in the hiring process.

2 people found this review helpful

DEI Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience, as it’s the only way we can grow and improve. We are sorry you had an atypical experience. We are proud of the work we are doing to foster an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can feel like they belong. We will continue to put in the work so we’re always improving and providing the best possible experiences for our employees. If you wish to share feedback internally, we welcome the opportunity to continually improve. We wish you the best.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ehhh

Aug 31, 2022 - Technical Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training. Friendly people. Good documentation on support topics.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. I hate the push for women in tech yet they pretty much keep you in the position you are in (even if you are female).

2 people found this review helpful

DEI Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. While we still have a lot of work to do, we’re proud of the efforts we’ve made to be more diverse, inclusive and equitable as an organization. This includes our focus on encouraging more women to pursue careers in tech, which has historically been less inclusive as an industry. We wish you the best in future endeavors.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, not the best pay

Aug 29, 2022 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people, awesome product, meaningful product, great benefits.

Cons

bad pay pushy upper leadership they push a ton of their own political agenda

DEI Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience, as it's the only way we can grow and improve. We wish you the best in future endeavors.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, great benefits, great career advancement!

Aug 28, 2022 - Account Executive in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, career development, amazing culture, and winning teams!

Cons

WP Engine, really has little to no cons!

5. 3.0

Previous employer

Aug 25, 2022 - Account Executive in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, really enjoyed the people

Cons

No communication, never knew what the direction was

DEI Specialist

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed our culture and the people you worked with. We wish you luck in future endeavors.

6. 5.0

Great company!

Aug 19, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

There are a lot of meetings.

7. 5.0

Highly Positive Experience

Aug 17, 2022 - Product Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is highly positive and everyone is beyond approachable and helpful. I definitely feel empowered here.

Cons

N/A I have loved everything so far

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 15, 2022 - Brand Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work in my opinion

Cons

No cons for this at all

9. 4.0

Great!

Aug 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best people work here!

Cons

No cons at the moment!

10. 5.0

5 stars

Jul 28, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, fun product to work on, lots of room for growth and movement

Cons

Not very much diversity in the engineering department, but they say they are actively working on that so hopefully soon

Viewing 1 - 10 of 306 Reviews

WP Engine Reviews FAQs

WP Engine has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 327 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at WP Engine to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WP Engine employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WP Engine. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

87% of WP Engine employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WP Engine 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WP Engine to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with WP Engine Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at WP Engine? Share Your Experiences

WP Engine Careers

Cover image for WP Engine

WP Engine, the world’s most trusted WordPress technology company, powers the freedom to create on WordPress. WP Engine's managed WordPress...More

• Our Core Values
  • Why Us

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

591 days ago

Culture
After launching WP Engine's Core Values in 2013, it was time for a refresh. As we look to the future through that lens of togetherness, examining who we are now and who we aspire to be, we felt It was time to revisit our shared values that inform our sense of direction, and evolve our guiding principles as we head into a new phase of growth and maturity. We convened a dedicated committee of culture leaders from across the organization, broken into four teams, which each provided a strong, consistent vision of values imbued with ethics, concern for our customers, intentionality and craft, community engagement, diversity and inclusion, and growth and stability. Through meaningful discussions and many late nights, we reorganized, combined, and refined the output from these teams to then create our five new Core Values, which will continue to serve as the framework for our decisions and the way we hold ourselves accountable going forward. These Values define us, inform our decisions and are what we stand for.
Shared image - Honoring the Past With an Eye Towards the Future - WP Engine's Core Values
Honoring the Past With an Eye Towards the Future - WP Engine's Core Values
glassdoor.com

591 days ago

Company News
WP Engine, the WordPress technology company, made a series of announcements today to kick off the new year. As we learned last year, every business, large and small is reimagining its approach to digital because a company’s website or digital experience is now core to its continued success. WP Engine is aligning itself to help companies of all sizes excel in digital by orienting sales, marketing and customer experience into three service lines: Enterprise, Small-Medium Business (SMB) and International. In doing so, these business unit teams will be better able to deliver on our customer-inspired core value with an organization that is purpose built to support WP Engine customers’ unique needs.
Shared image - WP Engine Adopts New Growth Model; Appoints Veteran Leaders To New Business Units | WordPress Hosting by @WPEngine