Cover image for WP Engine

WP Engine

Engaged Employer

WP Engine

Add a Review

WP Engine Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Apr 9, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

577.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=WP Engine~594498
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about WP Engine? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WP Engine employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People are great and work very hard.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Driven by values and a great culture.(in 44 reviews)
  • "The benefits are great... Working for a few other companies after college and then coming here.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Leadership is strong and supportive.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Management had been great to deal with and expectations of your role are fair.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "bad pay(in 8 reviews)
  • "Managers constantly push efficiency and say we aren’t working hard enough as we have less and less people every day doing more and more work.(in 6 reviews)
  • "I left a decent job (boring but stable) to come here hoping for opportunity for growth and ability to make more money.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WP Engine and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Good place to be!

Dec 2, 2022 - UX Researcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I work with people who, like me, like their jobs and actually want to be here most days. - Leadership (Product & Engineering and C-suite) for the most part are transparent and care deeply about the work we're doing. - My voice is heard and my work makes an impact. - As a mid-level role I still get to participate in things like product strategy, which seems very early in the career ladder. - My manager is fantastic. I get a good balance of support and independence. -Intern program that any employee (at least in P&E) can get involved in. - Programming - presentations, events, panels, and really fun videos .

Cons

- Growing pains due to acquisitions, strategy shifts, and fast hiring pace. So far, these are not things I would leave my job over.

2. 5.0

L1 Tech Support

Oct 19, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, great location, great food, great co-workers, growth potential.

Cons

Growing pains include loud people, a few hires who aren't a culture fit, somewhat noisy environment to work in between shifts.

3. Join the WP Engine team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

support

May 19, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, culture, perks, team work, CEO, positive outlook, transparency, pto. This job can be very rewarding to your career it Has oppertunity for getting your foot into the door of a tech era that we live in.

Cons

Can be stressful but also rewarding, growing pains, definitely better when your single and flexible With your time.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

L2 Support

Mar 17, 2016 - L2 Support Technician in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here, and you absolutely get what you put into it. Yet there are some growing pains here and there, leadership are fully transparent. If you're lucky enough to work here, you're already home.

Cons

I have none. Like I said, you get what you put into it. Leadership will work as hard as you do to help you advance in the company.

Continue reading