WPS Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Hamerlik

Pros
  • Fantastic team, good benefits, positive environment, very stable industry (in 11 reviews)

• Very flexible work schedule for hourly employees and a little less flexibility for management but still pretty flexible (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management recognizes the need to change and they have the willingness to push forward for change (in 12 reviews)

• If you don't like being mandated overtime constantly, this is not for you (in 5 reviews)

"Nurse analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Enjoyed the work when the supervisor stayed out of the way

Cons

Very expensive health insurance. Negative attitudes of the workers. Micro managing supervisor, supervising people with much more education than they have.
    Very BAD training of employees!

Advice to Management

Pay attention, you've lost a lot of good employees due to bad managers

"Last Resort Entry Level Job"

Former Employee - Edit Analyst in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Edit Analyst in Wausau, WI

I worked at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can listen to music at work.

Cons

Boring, monotonous work, QA proceed is a joke, terrible pay, incompetent management

Advice to Management

Variety is needed in jobs

"Quality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at WPS Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The building contains security and has an on-site cafeteria. They have company cars you can drive for out of town trips.

Cons

Human resources promised all kinds of things during the interview process and when offering the position. None of them came to fruition. There are different rules for different people and the benefits are terrible. Human resources changes their stance on policies to meet whatever their need is at the time. Overall quality is horrible. Quality sites are so bad and still are not willing to put any changes in place to make any improvements. It is almost impossible to make any improvements or provide better care and services for their members because administration will block all efforts. if

5. "A&R"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High ethics standards. Great benifits package health, dental and vision also 401k w. Some departments also offer work at home.

Cons

Currently going through changes got to stay focused to keep track, the work load can be heavy at times or very ligh.

"Happy at WPS!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

I have been working at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is making great strides in shifting the culture to reward high performers. The recently implemented Company Values, great opportunity for flexible scheduling and to work from home, along with a leadership team that is making a tremendous effort to hear the voices of the staff all create a motivating, positive work environment.

Cons

Some employees struggle with change and taking ownership for their own situations and moving forward into the high performing culture that is being implemented.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great momentum you have going with the culture change!

7. "Working to improve"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Madison, WI

I worked at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Flexible work schedules
    Paid holidays off

Cons

Hard to use vacation time
    Not a lot of room for advancement

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Analyst in Madison, WI

I worked at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I had a great boss that protected me from Senior Management.

Cons

I like to compare WPS to an abusive boyfriend/girlfriend. They take away benefits, tell you you're not pulling your weight, threaten to fire you or you see others let go/fired so you live in constant fear of wondering are you next, and eventually you may be let go/fired and replaced by a younger, cheaper individual just coming out of college who doesn't know any better. And then the abuse starts all over again. This company makes you feel worthless, dumb, and that you can't succeed outside in the real world.

What I have observed with my time at WPS: This company will demote you from a salary position (which you had been salaried for 8+ years) to an hourly position and not call it a demotion and will expect you to put in the same amount of OT without clocking it in and getting paid for it. People are too afraid to say anything because they don't want to lose their job, so they just work the OT without compensation. There is always an underlying threat of being let go, I had a pretty safe position because I had a boss that valued my work and fought for me but I never truly felt safe. I've seen and experienced managers who will give you a hard time for taking any Vacation/PTO time for doctor visits, being out of town for a long weekend, or leaving early for an appointment. I would fight back because it's my PTO time and I can use it when I want, which never would sit well with managers. When I left, I had over 3 weeks of PTO time that they paid me out for because I was sick of fighting for my time off. Benefits are a joke, they say all other companies are moving to HDHP plans because of the cost savings... I guess my new company didn't get that memo, I have a $600 ded plan (single) with copays at almost the same price as WPS's HDHP plans. They make you dress up, which I know this is minor, but when you think about it... All I did was sit in my cubicle, with a blanket over my legs. Nobody saw how I would dress, I never went to meetings or met any outside vendors. Dress up clothes aren't comfortable to sit in all day, I'm more efficient when I'm comfortable, and jeans and a sweat shirt is more comfortable to me than dressing up. So again, this is minor but it does have an affect on the moral of the company because I've heard others who don't see the point in dressing up either. Upper Management is a complete joke, they are so top heavy with managers it's ridiculous. They don't work as a team at all, half the management hates the other half and are constantly throwing each other under the bus so nothing can get accomplished at this company. Everything is micromanaged, they tell you to think outside the box but really what they mean is do everything what your supervisor tells you and no more, most of the time with management the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.

WPS has been deep in their reserves for the past couple of years, I have no idea how this company is surviving right now or will survive in the future. Personally, I think the CEO is trying to bankrupt the company and sell the buildings for a huge profit. Why else would he be fixing up each of the buildings and making them look more up to date and modern? He doesn't care that much about his employees.

To be perfectly honest with you, don't work here unless you have no other option. And if this is your last option, still don't do it. Being homeless is much more appealing than working for this company. If you do accept a position, keep looking, get some experience under your belt and then get out asap.

Advice to Management

At this point, what's the use. They never listened before, why would they now?

"Quality Assuranrce"

Current Employee - Auditor in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Auditor in Madison, WI

I have been working at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always have work to do. Flexible hours

Cons

I just don't want to heard the word "leadership" at WPS. I have no idea how the managers or supervisors leaded. They have no ideas of what/how their employees doing. When comes to performance review, you have to write up your own review. Seems like you're newly there and introduced yourself to your supervisor. That does not leadership. And favorite an employee that does not know anything is not a good leadership. They come up with the ideas but never happen. Getting rip of the good employees and hired people off the street will not bring good leadership at WPS.

Advice to Management

To a better leadership, hire people with experience and keep those good employees. You have to pay more to them but they bring good future to your company

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team environment with focus on customer satisfaction and employee development.

Cons

I can't come up with many

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"IF you have goals and reasonable timelines to get there. Run from this place"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Madison, WI

I have been working at WPS Health Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

401K 6% match.
    Average to Poor Dental.
    Currently looking for gainful employment elsewhere.

Cons

Now has an application process for Senior. Company does not value time and experience. Senior was recently taken away from people. Rules changed for senior every 2 years keeping personel cost down. Management Team Plays games to keep people from getting to their goals.
    Family Plan is worthless 4000.00 per individual deductibles
    Management says they won't use their budget to help you achieve what you want. Management will put a senior titled position out for internal employees to use as an excuse not to take internal employees, while they are looking for less than Senior.
    Management would rather have people walk out the door than help them with their goals.. Once your in WPS they won't pay for certs or help you keep up to date on anything, so if value keeping yourself up to date don't come here. Micro Management is getting worse. Ridiculous amount of weekend work expected from salaried non-management staff. No extra pay or incentives for extra time worked.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Quite making excuses. Everyone else is doing same cuts is not true..