KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 105 of over 106 reviews

4.1
WSECU President and CEO Gary Swindler
Gary Swindler
Pros
  • "WSECU truly cares about it's employees(in 18 reviews)

• "Wonderful place to work with awesome culture, fair pay and great benefits(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hard to live up unless you live in Olympia(in 5 reviews)

• "At WSECU you will have stressful days(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of WSECU and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

The best company to work ever!

Nov 23, 2021 - Scrum Master
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the culture, the people, and the commitment to growing their employees. Our Senior leadership, Board of Directors, and Supervisory Committee truly care about the community and we are encouraged to make a difference as well. I have worked in several roles within the organization and have "grown up" here. I have no intention of leaving and am proud to tell people that I work for WSECU!

Cons

I have no cons. I love this organization!

People and Culture Services Representative

It’s amazing to hear this! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we couldn’t agree more with everything you’ve said here! We feel incredibly fortunate and proud to have such devoted team members.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful people doing good work.

Nov 23, 2021 - Contact Center Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people in this organization care about their work.

Cons

Same cons as any place - I’d prefer to be paid millions tax free. Alas, reality.

People and Culture Services Representative

We appreciate your positive feedback, and we sure hope you’ll be able to turn your dream into a reality someday! :)

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company and leadership on the planet

Nov 19, 2021 - Team Leader in Olympia, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything - people, vulture, pay, benefits, support, etc.

Cons

nothing - this was the best work place environment I've ever worked for.

People and Culture Services Representative

This is fantastic to hear, thank you so much for your review!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best place to work!!

Nov 12, 2021 - Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is amazing!! An employer who truly cares!

Cons

Job advancement can be difficult because no one wants to leave!

People and Culture Services Representative

Wow, thank you for this wonderful feedback! We’re happy to hear how much you’re enjoying your time at WSECU.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Supportive Environment

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

WSECU has a very supportive team with a passion for helping people.

Cons

No full-time remote work options at this time.

People and Culture Services Representative

Thank you for your positive feedback, and we couldn’t agree more about our supportive team members! The switch to remote work due to the pandemic was a huge change for us; we always have and continue to believe that we’re stronger together. However, we know many of our remote employees have not only remained productive and engaged but have enjoyed an increased work-life balance. In support of this, we are excited to transition into a hybrid workforce for our back office in 2022. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture and Benefits, Hard to Advance

Nov 1, 2021 - Member Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture is fantastic. Staff truly cares about you/each other. I did not dislike any of my coworkers which was incredible to me since it is a 500 person company. Benefits are incredible, Mental Health is cared about.

Cons

It feels damn near impossible to progress here. You will get interviews but Tenure is heavily favored and turnover is relatively high (due to how difficult it is to move up).

People and Culture Services Representative

It’s wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed the people you worked with and our company culture! Taking good care of our employees is always a top priority. When positions open up, it’s common to see applications from internal candidates – it’s great to see how much people want to stay and grow their careers at WSECU! You’re right though that it can take some time, since there is often an abundance of well-qualified candidates for just one available job. We urge our team members to remain patient, as internal moves and promotions do happen often!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Goodish company to work for

Oct 22, 2021 - Member Solutions Representative in Olympia, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Building is nice and a lot of the people there are very nice. The pay is good and the benefits are really nice, they had a bonus at the end of the year that was always really nice.

Cons

It can be political and some people just want to get ahead and can be cut throat. Some departments are better than others. I would just stay away from the call center, no one ever has a good experience there.

People and Culture Services Representative

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of working at WSECU, such as your coworkers and our compensations and benefits package. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are proud to have a dedicated and hard-working call center team serving our members’ needs each and every day, and what you’ve described is not the environment that we strive for. If you are comfortable sharing more details about how you think we can improve, please reach out to People & Culture Services at 800.562.0999.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Do NOT promote from within...

Mar 9, 2021 - Leader in Olympia, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for: - benefits - decent pay - bonus - 401k

Cons

They do NOT promote from within. All new postings require advanced degrees, certificates, and experience; however, nearly all the individuals in high ranking positions dont have even the least of these prerequisites. Ex. HR team is made up almost entirely of folks who accepted positions with little to no experience, by default. But all new (last 2-4 years) posted positions require HR certs, degrees, and years of experience. This eliminates the opportunity for internal employees to apply and grow in the same manner that the current CU leaders all did. They are completely unbalanced in this way. Their hiring decisions make no sense and do not match the culture they desire to emulate. They have lost many great employees and leaders because of this; the result is new leaders, at high levels who do not understand the culture and therefore interfere with their mission/ability to create and maintain their desired culture.

Director, People & Culture Services

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our generous benefits and compensation package. We are very proud of our culture at WSECU, and we always encourage our internal employees to consider applying for positions. In fact, we have had a lot of success with hiring from within, both in our HR department and the credit union as a whole. It is a balance - we value new perspectives that external hires can bring to the table, while 42% of our jobs filled in 2020 were by internal employees, a statistic we are very proud to share.

9. 3.0

great

Aug 8, 2021 - Call Center Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits are amazing, great training program, "Wonderful all around, benefits, environment, and teams. "Wonderful all around, benefits, environment, and teams.

Cons

advancement does not seem to be encouraged as well as cross training in other departments. too many restrictions on time.

People and Culture Services Representative

We’re so happy that your time at WSECU was “wonderful all around”! It’s common to see movement around the credit union as many of our employees are eager to advance their careers here. We always encourage those folks to keep an eye out for opportunities that fit their skills and career goals, or to check into job shadowing within other departments they may be interested in.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Credit Union

Aug 24, 2021 - Member Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and job security.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are minimal.

People and Culture Services Representative

We’re proud that we’re able to take good care of our staff by providing generous benefits and employment stability even during extraordinary times like we’ve experienced this past year. Because WSECU is a great place to work, you’re right that some roles may take longer to become available. However, it’s not at all unusual to see internal candidates moving around and advancing. If you are interested, be sure to keep an eye on our job postings (we have 30+ right now!) We appreciate your feedback, and we encourage you to share with your leadership if you see any areas for improvement. As an experienced member consultant, your perspective is invaluable!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Reviews