Cover image for WSECU

Finance

8d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of WSECU and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Nov 15, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits and leave program

Cons

People stay a long time so sometimes hard to climb the ladder

People and Culture Services Representative

Thank you for your review! It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at WSECU and the amazing benefits we have to offer. We’re fortunate to have team members who are eager to stay here long-term and advance their careers, and you’re right that it can take some time but we do frequently see internal growth!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The best place to work

Nov 12, 2022 -  in Olympia, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is the best. If you apply yourself and treat each day as a job interview you will go far. The benefits are also phenomenal. I have friends that are blown away at how taken care of we are at WSECU

Cons

None that I can think of.

People and Culture Services Representative

Wow, thank you so much for this amazing review!

3. Join the WSECU team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best place to work

Aug 24, 2022 - Card Services Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for WSECU! They give us amazing benefits, pay, work/life balance and I love everyone I work with! I love my job as well. I couldn't be happier!

Cons

I have zero complaints :)

People and Culture Services Representative

It's fantastic to hear that you are so happy at WSECU! Thank you for your review!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Loved working there!

Sep 4, 2022 - Senior Bank Teller
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits were competitive at the time. Upper management was accessible. Room for advancement.

Cons

Demanding expectations were sometimes difficult to reach with cross-selling goals.

People and Culture Services Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and we’re glad that you loved working at WSECU! Our teams at our branches and contact center set certain goals of referring members to WSECU products and services that would benefit them, in accordance with our Member Experience principles. Because it is a needs-based model – only referring members to products and services that would be valuable for their situation – you’re right that goals may not always be easily reached. Our teams need to balance business objectives with the best interests of members and while that can be challenging, we hope that our team feels empowered to talk to their manager if goals and expectations are unrealistic. It’s terrific to hear you felt your pay and benefits were competitive and that leadership at all levels was accessible and available to staff. Thanks for spending part of your career with us at WSECU.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Place To Work

Jul 11, 2022 - Information Technology in Olympia, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family environment. Competitive pay. Great Benefits.

Cons

I love working for WSECU. I have zero complaints.

People and Culture Services Representative

Wow, we’re so glad to hear this great feedback!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I Love WSECU

Jul 8, 2022 - Loan Officer in Olympia, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible -Great Training -Work Perks & Benefits

Cons

Nothing, I loved working at this company

People and Culture Services Representative

We appreciate your positive review!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Could Be Great but Too Many Glaring Flaws

May 12, 2022 - Member Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my time there. The culture is great. The company is run more or less very well and organized. They have a clear vision and identity. I’ve never seen better benefits and the pay was decent.

Cons

HR is maddeningly difficult to work with. To say communication with them is frustrating is an understatement. I never felt like they had employees best interests in mind. Trying to move through the company is so difficult it’s almost impossible. Despite being an exemplary employee who exceeded goals I was never able to get an interview with any internal hiring manager. I was clear that I wanted to stay with WSECU and grow my career but WSECU through their actions did not feel the same. When I asked HR about what I could do to get an interview for career growth jobs they said I would need 100% of the job requirements listed and that 95% wasn’t good enough. When I brought up the fact that when I’m looking for a higher position I’d never have a 100% qualifications and that they’re basically telling me I need to leave to grow my career the response was “Yeah that’s a good point” and literally never followed up with me after that. So shortly after I applied for career growth opportunities outside of the credit union and went where my talents were valued.

3 people found this review helpful

People and Culture Services Representative

It’s great to hear that you loved your time at WSECU. Thank you for sharing your feedback and your ideas on how we can improve on our internal advancement. We’re sorry that your experience with People & Culture Services was not positive. We love to see team members who want to grow their careers at WSECU, and we’re proud to say that we have many long-tenured employees. For this reason, it’s not uncommon for it to take some time for positions to become available, and for a candidate to find a role that meets their qualifications and desired career path. Each role has certain minimum requirements that one must fulfill in order to be considered, with the more specialized roles having more education and/or experience required. We understand it can feel discouraging, but it’s common for candidates to have to throw their hat in the ring multiple times before finding success – which happens often! While we certainly value and wish to retain our high performing team members, we recognize that sometimes their path will lead them away from WSECU, as yours did, and we wish you the best in your new role.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

The company is a great place to be unless....

May 9, 2022 - Member Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly felt like the direct managers cared about me as an employee. they were flexible with the challenges life throws at us . They always wanted to help. The company is a great company and does so much for its members. The company is not a small credit union and has the infrastructure in place to support the members and their employees. -Awesome benefits -Great retirement contribution -Ok Vacation time/Paid time off -Diverse work environment -You get to really help people as a credit union.

Cons

Pay was a huge issue in the call center. I was there for almost 5 years and it was a constant battle to get a reasonable raise even when you exceed all of your sales and goals. The annual raise was lower than the cost of living creases I was seeing. I was in the call center and found it was not treated as fairly as the branches were with pay. The call center is not easy work. Most people can't do it. The workload kept stacking up but the pay would not increase nearly fast enough. There were a lot of turnovers because people would find better-paying work with less stress. People wouldn't show up to work most of the time due to the high-stress levels. It was nearly impossible to transfer within the company if you did not have a degree. It was like they wouldn't even consider you for positions if you were not a BA or higher. It felt like you were stuck in the contact center if that was where you began. I recommend getting on any other team outside of the contact center. The company was a great place to be.

1 person found this review helpful

People and Culture Services Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for your candid feedback. We’re glad to know that there were so many positive aspects of your employment at WSECU! Working in a call center can certainly be a challenging role, and we recognize that our team members work hard to provide outstanding service to our members, day in and day out. We’re sorry to hear you weren’t happy with the pay. We strive to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, partnering with outside experts who review the latest employment and market trends, and just recently we adjusted upward nearly all employees’ pay because we felt strongly about recognizing our team’s contributions. We couldn’t agree more about the importance of retaining our talent, and we love to see employees moving up and around the organization to further their careers, which happens frequently! It’s true that some roles require a certain level of education, but many other roles do not, or experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis in many cases.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I want to love working here so much

Dec 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Great benefits Great work life balance Walks the walk when it comes to values

Cons

The thing that's hardest about working here is seeing many talented and passionate engineers leave after a few years. It's just not a place that as a track record of developing talent. There are a few engineers who are able to develop but for the most part there are many who want to stay but can't because they aren't developing technically. Senior management tries but a lot times it feels like floundering or a lack of understanding of the skillsets of their engineers. People are hired into management who have never performed the job (or even a job related to) the people they are overseeing. Very top-down approach to management and a "get in or get out" attitude Slightly below average salary

1 person found this review helpful

People and Culture Services Representative

We appreciate this valuable feedback. We’re so happy that you’re enjoying many aspects of working at WSECU, such as your coworkers, benefits, and our commitment to our company values. One of those values is the importance of professional development, so that our employees can gain the skills and experience to continue on their chosen career path, whatever that may be. We love to see our employees move up the ranks at WSECU, and it happens often! However, it sounds like we may be missing the mark in our IT department, and we would be interested in hearing more. If you are comfortable having a conversation about this, we encourage you to reach out to People & Culture Services at 800.562.0999 x10374.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work and make a career

Apr 28, 2022 - Assistant Branch Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is very pro-employee. Work/life balance is great. I felt valued and respected. I would never have left had I not moved out of state.

Cons

Company will not employ remotely out of state.

People and Culture Services Representative

It’s wonderful to hear this feedback, thank you! As a credit union in and for Washington state, it’s true that our employees are also based in Washington.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Reviews
</>Embed

WSECU Reviews FAQs

WSECU has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 121 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at WSECU to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WSECU employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WSECU. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

89% of WSECU employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WSECU 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WSECU to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with WSECU Job Seekers