WTS International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Gary Henkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Room for growth, Great vacation time, lots of properties to transfer to (in 5 reviews)

• I had the opportunity to begin working for WTS nearly 10 years ago in the corporate office right out of college (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • mostly part-time work and therefore no benefits (in 6 reviews)

• I wouldn't recommend this job if you are looking for something full-time (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company and Growing!"

Current Employee - Director, Training and Development in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Director, Training and Development in Rockville, MD

I have been working at WTS International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Terrific company that is continually growing every year! At WTS you get to work with a dedicated team of genuinely smart people that don't just care about the bottom line, but also care about every employee in the company. At WTS the site directors play a critical role in identifying ways to succeed and implementing new ideas. And unlike many large companies, if you identify a new way of doing something that works, here you are encouraged to share it with the team and possibly travel to implement it at other locations as a specialist.

Cons

I don't have any negatives to share

2. "The Best Company I Have Worked for!"

I have been working at WTS International full-time

Pros

-Great culture and values
    -Great co-workers to work with
    -Fun work activities/events
    -Great Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance;PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k)
    -Good Work/Life Balance
    -Convenient Office Location
    -Many Growth and Development Opportunities

Cons

No cons I can think of

"Fabulous Company"

I have been working at WTS International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for WTS for over 10 years. It's a wonderful company with friendly, supportive staff. The CEO is inspiring, hard working and a champion for staff. I'm very happy here and will continue for as long as possible. This is a very caring company.

Cons

I can't think of any.

4. "Poor Management"

Pros

Eau Spa in Manalapan is beautiful and most employees are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Management needs to be replaced with people who really care and who set the right example.

"Nowhere That I Would Rather Be"

I have been working at WTS International full-time

Pros

You are able to be mentored by the best in the business, there is room for growth, and the company culture is not only about wellness, but also about happiness.

Cons

Compared to other companies of its size, none that are worth mentioning.

6. "Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in New York, NY

Pros

Massage therapist gets a base rate BUT corporate found a way to find a loophole when minimum wage was raised, they didn’t raise our base pay

Free meals

Cons

Pathetically Low commission rate
    No pay raise ever
    No benefits
    No loyalty
    Choose to hire and promote incompetent managers and directors who run the place into the ground
    Do not provide ample supplies to do work
    Do deep discounts to the point where your commission is unbearably low
    Spend no money to adequately market the spa
    Refuse to pay support staff a decent rate so there is constant turn over
    Managers are lazy and basically do nothing

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth; give raises; pay and hire competent spa directors and managers

7. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

High end facilities, supportive management

Cons

Cant think of any cons!

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

8. "Great company with room for advancement"

I have been working at WTS International full-time

Pros

I've been with WTS at the corporate office for just under a year and have had a great experience with everyone I work with. Management is always eager to advance its employees when possible - I was quickly promoted to a higher position within the first 8 months of being here! Everyone is also very willing to teach and mentor others.

Cons

WTS is rapidly expanding its business right now so the workload can be overwhelming at times. Even so, the growth of the company has allowed for a lot of new learning and advancement opportunities.

9. "Tremendous resources and support system for clients and staff"

I have been working at WTS International full-time

Pros

Incredible team and expansive resources that are used by corporate staff and directors to assist with staff training and development. The corporate office truly supports its team members in the field and provides invaluable assistance to clients as leaders in the spa/fitness/wellness industry. On trend, with talented design team and senior leadership.

Cons

Clearly growing and expanding quickly, with greater staff responsibilities

"WTS Management Roles"

I have been working at WTS International full-time

Pros

I work for WTS International as a Director. The greatest advantages to working at WTS are the opportunities for advancement within the same company. Typical WTS management roles across the US include opportunities for Spa Directors, Fitness Directors, Lifestyle Directors and General Managers. Directors at WTS meet regularly for Regional Manager Meetings to share best practices and learn about other facilities, selected Directors participate in ISPA/IHRSA conferences, and some attend a week at WTS University for GM Training at the corporate office. Directors supporting a well-managed site are eligible to stay in their current role while also participating in other projects like a pre-opening, redesign, menu or program development, interim support, site rehab, mentorship, training, etc. There is no limit to creativity as a Director, WTS is open to any ideas and, when successful, these strategies are shared as a best practice for other sites to utilize. No work silos - All departments work together and wealth of industry knowledge makes it well worth a call to corporate for advice, even for the most experienced WTS leaders.

Cons

The flip side of full autonomy requires that you reach out for assistance when support is needed. Successful Directors at other companies will excel at WTS due to the wealth of resources available to WTS Directors. You will need to speak up when assistance is needed, as they will trust you to know when you need tools or support. It's there but you have to ask. The recruitment process is extensive, be prepared to have multiple interviews prior to hire.

Advice to Management

I wish it were possible to better highlight the facilities we manage, as some of the most beautiful locations are not easily recognizable as WTS. Health benefits are solid but 401K plan needs improvement.