WTS International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Gary Henkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the collaboration between everyone at the corporate office is refreshing (in 4 reviews)

• It was a fairly easy job that was perfect while I was in school (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • At the site level, part time positions do not include benefits and full time positions do (in 6 reviews)

• mostly part-time work and therefore no benefits (in 5 reviews)

"A professional, organized, and efficient organization"

Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm always impressed by the enthusiasum of our regional managers and how well our policies are established. I feel like anyone could walk in, open our standard ops, and be able to perform any task without confusion. I really feel like I've been given tools to become a better customer service representative and I'm proud to work for WTS.

Cons

I had an idea for a cost saving measure about a year ago and I mentioned it to my manager and she said she didn't think they'd use it. The corporate office implemented it a few months ago. I felt like I could have told them earlier and saved them even more money earlier.

Advice to Management

Please keep hiring energetic, efficient people. My managers really know how to manage and motivate my team.

"Professional and Fair"

Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - SPA Director in Miami, FL

I worked at WTS International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WTS has a solid infrastructure for support of the people they hire out in the properties. They have grown over the years and management up scale properties. The upper management is hands on and supportive.

Cons

I can't think of any con's .

Advice to Management

continue being the best in the industry.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great

Cons

Not many full time opportunities

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

4. "Fitness Attendant"

Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Washington, DC

I have been working at WTS International (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership at location.
    Easy work.

Cons

The management is new to the position and is still trying to figure things out.

Advice to Management

Your communication to us employees is key. Please keep it up.

5. "Spa associate"

Pros

Good pay, special events, work alone during shift

Cons

too many "decision makers" in the spa itself, daily duties constantly change, not a lot of supervision to make sure everyone does their part

"Wonderful Experience"

Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at WTS International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My time with WTS has been the most enjoyable and life changing experience for both me and my family. I started like many of our employees, as a part time employee almost nine years ago. I was introduced to the luxury fitness environment right as I was finishing my doctorate in Sports Education and Leadership. It was my experience learning about WTS that gave me the confidence to not only finish my doctorate, but to dream of something greater for myself professionally. As a part time employee I put my head down and did what I always did...worked hard, never complained and produced for the people I worked for. My Director saw something in me and elevated me to a full time employee even when we did not have the budget for it. He believed in me. After a short time as a full time trainer, I became the General Manager of the club I helped open, Club Ridges. Its been almost seven years that I have been the GM and it has been an amazing ride. I can't thank both our former Director and my Operations Director, Allen Jakubauskas, enough for mentoring and trusting me to grow Club Ridges.

As I cross the nine year mark of my employment with WTS, I am so encouraged by our growth in so many areas. When I joined the company it was no where near as big as it is now. Our international presence has grown tremendously along with our operations on the West Coast which I am a part of. I can sense another big change coming as well, a more cohesive and culturally minded company. No company is perfect. WTS is not perfect. Those who read this are not perfect. I am not perfect. We can always be striving towards getting better and I truly believe that WTS continues to work towards continued improvement and sustained excellence.
    I'm happy to be a part of that for the foreseeable future.

Cons

I believe this section should be labeled as improvements versus cons. We can all improve, including WTS. I would say moving forward the greatest area for improvement is just a bit more communication and networking on a larger scale between sites. We are such a large yet intimate company. It would be great to host a once a year WTS conference to meet most people in the company.

Advice to Management

Just stay innovative and continue to get business as it flourishes more opportunities for other people to get into this awesome company

"Great People & Excellent Internal Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at WTS International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WTS has great potential for career growth and development. The people I have met have great stories of growing up through WTS, starting in one position, gaining exposure to multiple sites, spas, and facilities, making unlimited industry contacts, with great training, and focused careers they have obtained through promotion from within WTS International. The owners are down to earth and easy to talk to and they are passionate about the business and industry.

Cons

WTS works mostly behind the scenes in hospitality, spa, fitness, and leisure, so most people are unaware of who we are and what we do. There does seem to be some unpleasant history for the company, but that must be true for any business that has been around for 40 years. Regardless, WTS is on the right track and I am excited about my future with the company.

Advice to Management

We have a lot of impressive employees with great ideas, it would be fantastic to have everyone in one place, even if it wasn't an annual event. After seeing the collaboration within the corporate office, it would be wonderful to celebrate the expertise and talent in the field, share ideas and collaborate.

8. "Fantastic Company with Growth"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

I had the opportunity to begin working for WTS nearly 10 years ago in the corporate office right out of college. It's a company that nurtures growth and building on one's strengths. Coming from a sports background it seemed a natural fit to work for a company within the health and wellness industry. I began building my career within spa specifically, and as my interests grew, my job also transformed to accommodate those interests. Ultimately, my position morphed from a corporate assistant to becoming a Director at a 4 diamond hotel property - a transition I couldn't have made without the support, knowledge and know-how of a company like WTS International. As my experience grew, I returned to corporate in a role that supports my primary interests in marketing and communications. Over the past 10 years I have continued to work within the WTS network and have met various industry leaders and been exposed to parts of the lifestyle industry I didn't know existed. Most importantly, WTS has nurtured and guided my career path.

Cons

A previous review noted this section as being related to more improvements versus cons, and I think this is completely appropriate. Obviously, for whatever cons there may be, I don't see any of them as out of the ordinary within the "real" world. All companies will have ups and downs, but given my 10 year tenure and support of this company I certainly wouldn't note any major cons. However, improvements can always be made. While benefits are provided to employees with intranets and various tools and templates that help to streamline operations and ease the stress of a day-to-day operation, it would be AMAZING to group all of these individuals together more often. Additionally, increasing the outreach to all staff, beyond management, would be such a nice thing to see. Rather than making it the responsibility of a manger on site to relay a message, bring all staff together to share experiences and knowledge.

9. "Great company - huge room for growth!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at WTS International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started with WTS right out of college as a receptionist and was soon promoted to a manager at a small facility. WTS has been incredible helping me grow and continues to give me new opportunities.

Cons

More communication and networking between all facility directors. Having an all director event would be a great chance to get to know our colleagues and form a sense of camaraderie.

Advice to Management

Continue to give support to facility directors and let them know you are there to assist in any way possible.

10. "Director Of Training and Development"

Current Employee - Director of Training and Development in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Director of Training and Development in Rockville, MD

I have been working at WTS International (More than a year)

Pros

- Opportunitiesfor growth
    - Work with smart, fun, and talented people
    - Opportunities to travel and work all over the country and even internationally
    - Great pay and benefits
    - Focused on people development and a commitment to excellence

Cons

No cons so far. It has been a great place to work!