WTS International Reviews | Glassdoor

WTS International Reviews

Updated April 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • the collaboration between everyone at the corporate office is refreshing (in 4 reviews)

• It was a fairly easy job that was perfect while I was in school (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • mostly part-time work and therefore no benefits (in 5 reviews)

• Not as much room for growth if moving (in 3 reviews)

"Great People & Excellent Internal Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at WTS International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WTS has great potential for career growth and development. The people I have met have great stories of growing up through WTS, starting in one position, gaining exposure to multiple sites, spas, and facilities, making unlimited industry contacts, with great training, and focused careers they have obtained through promotion from within WTS International. The owners are down to earth and easy to talk to and they are passionate about the business and industry.

Cons

WTS works mostly behind the scenes in hospitality, spa, fitness, and leisure, so most people are unaware of who we are and what we do. There does seem to be some unpleasant history for the company, but that must be true for any business that has been around for 40 years. Regardless, WTS is on the right track and I am excited about my future with the company.

Advice to Management

We have a lot of impressive employees with great ideas, it would be fantastic to have everyone in one place, even if it wasn't an annual event. After seeing the collaboration within the corporate office, it would be wonderful to celebrate the expertise and talent in the field, share ideas and collaborate.

2. "Administrative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at WTS International full-time

Pros

Awesome company! Loved the mission and services of the company. Left due to education.

Cons

If you are not into health and wellness, you might feel out of place.

3. "No complaints working here"

Former Employee - Fitness Attendant in Kingstowne, VA
    Former Employee - Fitness Attendant in Kingstowne, VA

Pros

It was a fairly easy job that was perfect while I was in school. It allowed me to gain entry-level customer service skills that allowed me to get a more permanent job.

Cons

Since there are little educational requirements for this job, often many staff members were not as dedicated, leaving the few who were dedicated doing more work than others.

"Run far, far away."

Former Employee - SPA Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - SPA Technician in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I can't really think of any, to be honest. Great coworkers, but that has nothing to do with WTS Intl.

Cons

Ridiculously high monthly goals. "You did $80,000 in treatments in December, so we want you to beat that for January!" Uh, have you ever worked in the spa industry ever?

Hours cut when goals weren't met, which left scheduled staff overworked and burnt out.

Corners cut everywhere. The cleaning service was too expensive, so technicians were asked repeatedly to clean the facility on commission-only pay. No thank you.

Unpaid overtime.

It was mandatory to be on-facility even if you weren't booked and were down the priority chain for walk-ins (supervisors get first priority and better commission.) That meant a lot of sitting around doing nothing and getting asked to help with cleaning/inventory/whatever for no pay.

High performance standards and zero benefits. Guys, the Four Seasons or any other luxury hotel will hold you to similar standards and give you free gourmet lunch, free stays at other properties, lavish holiday parties... WTS will give you nothing. After much badgering, we were given a pizza party in the spa dispensery for Christmas. Yahoo.

Advice to Management

Offer a decent wage, treat staff well, and you will be successful. You can't ask for everything and offer nothing in return.

6. "Great Part-Time"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Ashburn, VA

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers that help you get through your shifts

Cons

Little pay for the amount that you do, especially when you are in management.
    No room for growth or to move up.

Advice to Management

Get your budget together and actually pay your employees the amount they deserve for all the things you make them do.

"Disorganized MESS"

Former Employee - Esthetician in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Esthetician in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at WTS International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am NOT alone. Everyone in the spa sees what a mess everything is.

Cons

I have been working in the spa industry for about a decade and I have never come across a more disorganized management company. The spa director position is a revolving door of people who have never worked in the hospitality industry. They are usually marketers that have no idea how a spa functions or how to properly promote the spa to the community. Any promotional ideas need to go through WTS before they are approved which takes forever. WTS puts up roadblocks for itself by not properly staffing professionals to operate within the capacity they should be. Because WTS manages the spa within the Five Star resort I used to work at... nothing ever gets done. No one knows who should be doing what. One example of nothing getting done, are the tiles/flooring throughout the spa. The tiles are so dirty, dingy and disgusting. In the nine months I worked for WTS they were never polished. It's not rocket science. This is something that should be budgeted in monthly. If I were a guest, and saw how gross the floors were, I would question how clean the other parts of the spa were. Not okay.

Advice to Management

If the spa director is constantly in meetings and dealing with financials, they can't really oversee the spa. There should be a regional manager who handles WTS trainings, community outreach, and holds the spa to a standard of cleanliness and sanitation.

8. "Fitness Attendant"

Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Fitness Attendant in Washington, DC

I have been working at WTS International (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership at location.
    Easy work.

Cons

The management is new to the position and is still trying to figure things out.

Advice to Management

Your communication to us employees is key. Please keep it up.

"Full Specialist / Body Treatments"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My main objective is to obtain employment in an environment that will allow me to utilize my experience and knowledge in the various áreas of Spa.

Cons

Distance , Shift , Environment, Supplies,

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at WTS International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great

Cons

Not many full time opportunities

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Massage Therapist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA

Pros

People I work with are nice

Cons

Doesn't pay as well as other places in the area