WTS Paradigm Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Nathan Herbst

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company with caveats"

I have been working at WTS Paradigm full-time

Pros

Incredibly friendly co-workers who go out of their way to establish relationships away from work.

Lot's of out of work activities such as grill outs, scavenger hunts, employee parties.

Very cool workspace

Cons

The work life balance is hard. Because the company is so focused on billable hours, you often find yourself working extra to meet your goals.

Time spent learning about flows of products, assisting with the fix of software bugs, or reworking issues are not billable to the customers, but often eats up your time. To make up for this non-billable time, you find yourself putting in 9-10 hour days often.

Often times too many things are promised during the sales cycle on too short of timelines, which often creates chaos and stress down the line.

Advice to Management

Allow for more non-bill time so employees have a chance to learn the best way to give the customer what they want, instead of pushing forward with ideas and finding they do not fully meet the customer's needs.

Bring the sales team in line more with the availability of consultants and product team instead of promising things to clients that are difficult to deliver.

Revamp training so that you actually learn how the software works before throwing employees onto projects.

2. "Great Opportunity, If Leadership Can Lead"

I have been working at WTS Paradigm full-time

Pros

We are starting to pay more attention to internal priorities, which will set us up for external success. The culture of fun is superior to anywhere else I've seen.

Cons

Leadership doesn't expect much from employees. The bar for success is pretty low. What happens is the high achievers get promoted into management or they get frustrated and flee the company. Either way, the bulk of the workforce is people who are content to do the bare minimum or couldn't cut it at more competitive/demanding companies.

Advice to Management

Provide more employee training and professional development. Expect more from employees and hold them accountable for not meeting expectations.
    Don't be so budget focused. Our insane focus on the dollars coming in and going out means that we're not focusing on what matters most - the quality of our work and our software.

"Good company to work for"

Pros

Flexible work environment, great culture, awesome benefits, lots of give back to charity. The company is always growing and changing, so that makes innovative ideas possible

Cons

Very focused on budget, which is good for the bottom line and company growth, but can be a hindrance when it stops hiring new people or needed items or trainings

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee growth and training

"Business looks ok, but employee prospects bleak."

I have been working at WTS Paradigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

job hours are very flexible.
    staff is friendly and welcoming of all skill levels.
    low expectations.

Cons

virtually no training of any kind for either new or existing employees.
    any additional training is done on the employee's time, no allocated budget
    large divide between executives and employees when it comes to direction and goals.
    customer is always first, even if they are wrong or ill informed.
    sales team promises unrealistic deliverables and timelines.
    management does not invest in employees or their professional growth,
    very little advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

invest more in your workforce and give better advancement oppuritnites and training. Learn to say no to customers, and stand behind your employees who do. Don't take on every contract just for the money. Remeber that your tenured employees are the best assets you have and invest in their training and well-being. Be more competitive in the market place with payscales and benefits.

"Avoid if you have any drive/motivation. Management is clueless"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at WTS Paradigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is great. Casual dress code, open office, and fun work activities. Pretty standard benefits package for the IT industry.

Cons

If you are not a self-learner, do not apply. WTS has a very poor training program and it will be your fault if you don't catch on quickly.

Your mentor will not have time to properly train you. They have a utilization target that they must hit, and the time they spend with you is on their own time.

Project Managers are the only ones that get promoted and on top of it, they make the most money.

The product managers know less about the product than the senior services resources. Bugs sit on the shelf for years and things just stay broken.

And if you think that years of service will mean anything to management, you would be wrong. You will not get any career growth out of this company. You will be pigeon holed into your role. After a year or two the smart ones figure this out and leave.

Advice to Management

Stop the roll out of Customer Centric team structure before your best employees leave for jobs with better growth opportunities.

"Exciting place to be"

I have been working at WTS Paradigm full-time

Pros

The Company is continually striving to improve and advance. Focusing on customer satisfaction has made my job more enjoyable, customers happier, and overall a better place to work.

Cons

Relatively flat organization, lack of promotional opportunities but I see this changing over time.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction, it is paying off.

"Software Developer"

I worked at WTS Paradigm full-time

Pros

Great people, awesome culture! I have never worked with such a high concentration of absolutely brilliant developers before or since I left WTS Paradigm.

Cons

It was a high stress position with compensation that did not match the workload we were handling.

Advice to Management

While the culture of the company far exceeds anything I have ever seen, the mentoring and peer programming could use some refining. Also, quit with micro managing the developers' time.

"Progressive in every way"

I have been working at WTS Paradigm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Engaging work, lots of opportunities, and the company constantly strives to improve. You'll always be interested in your work, never bored, and there is a lot of room for growth. Fun people and activities, amazing building, and cool events.

The work the company is doing is quite amazing. Getting into new and exciting technologies and really driving from the forefront of the industry.

It's progressing in technology, as a place to work, it's performance as an organization. All-around progressive.

Cons

Tightly staffed in some areas causing work to pile up, but I see that changing. People with soft personalities will find it discomforting sometimes, but stronger wills thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the vision and investing in the future. Keep investing in customer service, it will pay off in happy customers and more business.

"Terrible place to work"

I worked at WTS Paradigm full-time

Pros

Free coffee and tea
    Pretty flexible work hours
    I honestly can't come up with more pros to meet the 20 word minimum

Cons

Management does not trust staff.
    Management nickel and dimes their customers.
    Management consists of a boys club of people who have been there from near the beginning....unfortunately, competence is not rewarded; cockiness is rewarded.
    Management consistently talks down to employees -- this leads to the smart employees leaving while the not-as-smart folks stay.

Advice to Management

Listen to others - just because you think you're royalty does not mean that your ideas are actually good!
    Realize that cockiness does not equate to competence.

WTS Paradigm Response

May 23, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are taking your feedback and addressing the places we missed in delivering a great experience for you. We are committed to creating an... More

"High Stress - Low Pay"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Middleton, WI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Middleton, WI

I worked at WTS Paradigm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits package with low premiums.
    Fun and easygoing work environment.
    Lots of company-sponsored activities and events.
    Release parties are awesome!

Cons

High stress work environment due to tight budgeting on a per project basis.
    Low monetary compensation and large resistance against pay increases for "lateral" promotions.
    Modular development with a lack of expansion for individual technical growth.

Advice to Management

Focus on retention tactics and market-value compensation.
    Less company events would be a great place to start defunding to leverage higher salaries.
    Remove concept of lateral promotions and describing it as "increasing your marketability" - sounds like the intent is to get someone to leave, not stay.