Find jobs for Manager

3.9
WW  President and CEO Mindy Grossman
Mindy Grossman

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WW and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Super welcoming mission-based company!

Aug 30, 2021 - Associate Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so kind and supportive. It's great working with a group of passionate individuals who are dedicated to providing health and wellness for all. It feels amazing working at a company that shares a great purpose.

Cons

Organizational structure seems a bit finicky.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Leadership Prioritizes Mental Health

Sep 9, 2021 - Customer Insights Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-During the pandemic I really felt that exec leadership took fair and thoughtful steps to ensure the team tends to mental health and real world concerns (instituting year-round summer Fridays, paying Q1 bonuses out a few months early, essentially no cap on PTO, open dialogues on racial inequity). These steps made me extremely respectful of the company and is truly what kept me around. -Really smart and committed team. People here care about their jobs and WW members. -Great interview process. It was smooth and to the point. WW recruiter was the best and most supportive I've ever worked with. -Great compensation package. Had competing offer and WW beat it out by 20k without any extensive negotiations/back and forth. $1000 yearly wellness allowance was great. Solid health insurance. Plenty of professional development opportunities. -The company is really trying to get away from the old Weight Watchers branding. I know before I started here I thought WW was middle aged stay-at-home moms sitting in a church basement giving each other starvation tips. That is NOT the case. They understand that overall wellness is more important than weight loss.

Cons

-My manager was really challenging to work with. They had a lot of work experience but not a lot of management experience AND was very close to retirement so seemed very over it. Additionally, we were a small team that operated in isolation from other functions so it left me feeling a bit trapped and out of the loop. To be honest this made my day-to-day really hard. However, my manager was very supportive of all of the pros I listed above so I just put up with poor management. -Company went through a lot of leadership changes not just because of COVIDs effects on revenue but also general restructuring. All of the new leaders who came in are very smart and talented but some were extremely self-important and patronizing. Which seemed to contradict the company's commitment to mental health considering they created a tense work environment for their teams. Because my team was more isolated, I was shielded from having to work directly with those leaders. BUT it was still challenging working with people from those teams because they were so demoralized. A coworker reporting directly into one of those self-important VPs cried about it during a meeting. -Company is trying to rebrand into a wellness org instead of a weight loss org BUT there seems to be lack of direction in how to make that happen. Which can make overall goals and some leadership choices confusing.

3. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow!

Aug 6, 2021 - Product Management Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has given me the opportunity to learn a lot in a short amount of time. The hands on experience gained from this internship is invaluable and I am excited to see where WW will be in the upcoming years. As a PM intern there are a lot of meetings to attend, but they are all important to be a part of if you want to really be involved and aware of what's going on. The structure of the intern program was also amazing. Shoutout to the intern leaders for making this remote experience just as memorable as an in person one would be.

Cons

None so far. Only thing I wished was that that I was able to see the other interns in person, but alas COVID-19.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Company treatment of employees has changed

Aug 16, 2021 - Territory Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a fantastic mission and the program really works. The app and community which extends globally is really powerful.

Cons

This is not the same company it used to be. Workshops and in person contact is no longer valued as it once was. The essence of the personal connection has been stripped away. They don't treat employees well any more. Sad. Still the best weight loss/wellness program.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 27, 2021 - FP&A Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Takes care of their people through thick and thin Good benefits and culture Made lots of friends Helps people improve their lives

Cons

Growth paths lack visibility and the overall management needs to be pushed to get there Still has some leadership focused on the wrong goals

6. 4.0

Positive

Jul 22, 2021 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company to work for, positive environment and growth

Cons

lack of mentorship and growth

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company to work for

Jul 15, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

They really listen to their employees, They care !

Cons

You can't always reach a manager.

8. 4.0

Call Center Rep

Jun 29, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and caring managers

Cons

Min wage just doesn’t cut it. Company is working it’s way thru needed changes due to COVID

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

A wellness company that cares about the wellness of its people

Apr 26, 2021 - Vice President, Talent Management in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing mission and purpose. Great CEO. Strong future business potential. Passionate, smart teams. Fast and effective responses to the upheavals of 2020.

Cons

Pace of work and workload can be intense. Employee tech should be better, given that WW is a tech-enabled company.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Mission Driven Organization

Feb 19, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall it's a nice place to be; lots of responsibility given to everyone since the organization tends to run on the lean side. Lots of learning opportunity and opportunity to advancement if you end up in a good team with a manager that is invested in your career. Good PTO but medical benefits are lagging behind the industry. The new CEO is a true leader and very inspiring.

Cons

Not many cons other than there may not be a lot of opportunity for advancement and exposure to other teams if you end up in a team with a people manager that is not invested in your growth & career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews