WW Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2020

3.6
WW  President and CEO Mindy Grossman
Mindy Grossman
  1. "New Employee- Seamless Hiring and On-Boarding Process"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Efficient interviews (back-to-back on the same day); transparency during the hiring process in regards to timing; well-strategized on-boarding process with a clear timeline and regular check-ins.

Cons

Since the interview process involved 5+ people (and their schedules), it was difficult to lock in a time that worked for everyone and the planned date changed twice.

WW2020-03-30
  2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at WW full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment. Nice colleagues.

Cons

Medical insurance is not as good.

WW2020-03-16
  3. "Incredible Opportunities at WW"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at WW is unique in that you truly get to see the impact of your work on a large stage - and in the millions of lives that are being changed daily. I feel proud to work for a company that is solving real world problems and am given a sense of ownership in my role to contribute to the overall success of the business.

Cons

As a nearly 60 year old company, many of the processes and procedures are outdated, which leads to inefficiencies in many departments. Thankfully, WW is bringing in the right people to help transform the company from analog to digital, to keep up with the modern technologies needed to succeed today.

WW2020-03-06
  4. "Incredible experience"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at WW full-time for less than a year

Pros

just started and the onboarding experience was fabulous - organized, informative and welcoming

Cons

Have not seen any to date

WW2020-02-24

"A gem of a design culture"

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at WW full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are passionate, driven and caring. Leaders care about both your personal development and career growth, and feedback is sincerely encouraged and responded to. The problems we're solving for are complex and interesting, with specialized disciplines collaborating on innovation and improvement. People are very enthusiastic, respectful and supportive...and we have so much fun! Overall, Product & Tech continues to quickly evolve in sophistication while fostering a truly human-centric culture.

Cons

The company seems to invest in very long-term commitments, overlooking quicker high-impact opportunities and acquiring lots of policy, design and tech debt.

WW2020-02-22

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at WW full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cutting Edge Tech, more than you realize, as I did not expect a wellness company to have, and they have a healthy budget for innovation. The cloud tech team iterates fast and agile, and highly collaborative, with pragmatic approach to things. Things can get very busy during crunch time, but the atmosphere and culture is very supportive, and very friendly. Lots of healthy perks that help you manage work life balance and be more productive (flexibility with hours, wfh, summer Fridays, rooftop, snacks, ping pong, foosball table, always free food around). Plenty of intelligent people to work with. Access to paid training sites like O'reilly and Pluralsights.

Cons

The pay is a bit below the industry average as these days, competition for tech talent has been pushing salaries higher, but I think they make up for that with a healthy dose of pros i've mentioned. Healthcare plans could be better, as they do make you pay a penalty if your spouse has access to insurance.

WW2020-02-14
  7. "Great opportunities for career growth"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at WW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment Great engineering support Latest technologies Company’s Impact Manifesto

Cons

Have not found anything negative yet

WW2020-02-03
  8. "Engaging work with Purpose"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at WW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here is smart, fun and cares deeply about wellness and bringing wellness to our members. There is significant investment being made to the employee experience and making WW a great place to work. The NYC office is in a great place and has lots of open space to meet with coworkers.

Cons

The company is always changing, which is good and bad. Some of the systems used are antiquated and result in confusing processes.

WW2020-01-07
  9. "Starting Was a Breeze"

Current Employee - Senior Chat Manager

I have been working at WW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Day One a success - all are very helpful in getting you started and on track for success.

Cons

No cons at this point and time.

WW2020-01-06
  10. "Positive atmosphere and positive people."

I have been working at WW full-time

Pros

Positive atmosphere and positive people. During the interview there was great feedback and clear description of what was needed. Very open dialog from the team.

Cons

It is a new job title, so learning the details is still in the works

WW2020-01-06