WYNIT, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Geoffrey Lewis

1. "Review"

I have been working at WYNIT, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good place to work here

Cons

Bad hours are a lot

"Looking for a new place to call my family!"

I have been working at WYNIT, Inc. full-time

Pros

Wynit has done many great things for me, giving me many opportunities and provided me with a great income potential

Cons

Wynit has changed. Change is good, not saying its not, but getting away from what got them here in the first place.

3. "Wynit"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at WYNIT, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay great people to work with

Cons

Company relocating to South Carolina

Advice to Management

better communication

5. "Amazing Work Place"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at WYNIT, Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I currently am employed WYNIT is culturally diverse and friendly environment. I have worked for WYNIT for less than year and I feel as if I have been here a lifetime, building amazing professional relationships along the way. WYNIT is very employee-centric company, always making sure everyone is happy as a whole. In turn creating a more efficient workplace in the process. It’s a very fast growing company with many employment and career opportunities available. Every coworker I have met has been extremely generous and helpful in making sure I have all of the necessary tools to be successful within the company.

Cons

WYNIT is still a very young company and there is some structure issues that have yet to be resolved within different information systems. Although, everyday WYNIT strives to form solutions for these problems. Also, the chain of command isn’t as transparent as I personally believe it should be in a company of this size.

6. "Growing Company with Vibrant Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

The people at WYNIT make it a great place to work. They make it enjoyable to come to work everyday. Our culture and environment is constantly changing with new emerging technology, so it is easily one of the "coolest" places I have worked. I strongly feel that WYNIT cares about the growth and development of its people. I have grown more in my short stint with WYNIT than I have in my entire professional career.

Cons

Sometimes communication can be inefficient. Everyone gets so busy that we forget to relay the full message in one go around before assigning a project. Communication is always transparent though.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your people to become better and rise to the challenge of transformation.

"People before Profit - Exciting, Challenging, and a Major Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Greenville, SC

I have been working at WYNIT, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Company puts people before profit. Have seen this first hand.
    +Great mentoring
    +Lots of Challenges and Growth Opportunities
    +Opportunity to perform and earn more responsibility
    +Diverse workforce

Cons

-Industry requires an appetite for change and learning
    -Fast-paced work environment means opportunities for On-the-Job Training
    -Gym is $10 per month. Still the cheapest Gym around.

Advice to Management

WYNIT is a growing company. The company's success will depend on the quality of person they hire as they grow. It is a great company to work for because it invest in your professional and personal growth. Owners are committed to living the "People before Profit" philosophy and making the entire ecosystem healthier.

As the company grows, it needs to do whatever it can to maintain the energy it has had over its first 30 years of experience and expand upon that.

You should come to work at WYNIT if you enjoy a challenge, fast-paced, ever-evolving, dynamic environment. The energy here is phenomenal. Renegades and selfish people are not a good fit in this culture because collaboration and trust is the norm.

8. "Fast paced and rewarding"

Pros

WYNIT is a growing company and offers room for professional growth. The downtown Greenville office environment is amazing. The company is a fast-paced sales organization, but still manages to value work/life balance.

Cons

The only downside is the growing pains that go with a company that is experiencing rapid growth. In some areas procedures and business systems need to catch up.

"Owner is disconnected from reality."

Former Employee - National Sales Team in Cicero, NY
    Former Employee - National Sales Team in Cicero, NY

I worked at WYNIT, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great contests when they were vendor controlled. If controlled internally you could tell winners and prizes were fixed. Pay was good when post 2009 management was in place.

Cons

Quota's were done month to month based on a forecast and rarely were obtainable. At times 100% growth year of year. The owner has made terrible business decisions multiple times by moving business to less skilled work force. Company is held together by what the ONE latest and greatest tech item is, once that starts to down turn they panic and point fingers. Purchasing and Sales goals work against each other. They are paid not to have inventory in stock when sales needs items to make sales. It is a complete mess.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can really say. They are all just yes men to the owner is a proven mess and running joke.

"Good Company, Questionable Stability"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Syracuse, NY

I worked at WYNIT, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly youthful workforce in the Syracuse office created an energetic and laid back atmosphere. The company did seem to care about the employees with giveaways, get togethers, free lunches, etc. So many departments working closely together allows a great deal of learning beyond the roles defined in your personal position.

Cons

The largest concern to me as an employee was that the foundation of the business at Wynit was distributing products that consumers purchase with disposable income. The business risk exposure is huge with any type of economic decline.

Onion management structure is convoluted. Too many layers.

Relocation process could have been handled better. Far more notification should have been given to employees to decide.

Medical insurance premiums were extremely pricey.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat in middle management.

"No structure"

Pros

wynit is a good company to work for laid back to a point. wynit Is a money making company and could be a top competitor for many companies.

Cons

unstructured, no real concerns to managers about efficiency. don't recognize employee abilities in the company to make a difference. mangers not willing to fix the problem only correct it for that moment. don't listen to ideal or try something different then what they already doing that's not working.

Advice to Management

fix problems don't cover it up. listen to other ideals from people who actually do the work.