Wackenhut Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Low Pay"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wackenhut Services (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours if you wanted overtime.

Cons

Low pay for amount of responsiblity

2. "Security Guard"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Wackenhut Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

The hours, and the job. I loved Security work.

Cons

The favortism through the company, some had to work for their job. While others goofed off.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly

""You get what you pay for!""

Current Employee - Security Guard in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Easy place to work if you have homework. Clients have no idea that services are just for show and most guards get to watch Hulu during shifts. Supervisor at my location loves to bring in some home brew which really makes working for this company a blast!

Cons

You have to wear a uniform. Must be willing to put up with other peoples mistakes i.e. "I forgot my office key and ID, can you open it for me?"

Advice to Management

You really shouldn't cut peoples wages in this field of work. Use those community college skills and just lay one guy off! Why have the entire entire crew bent when one guy could have paid the price for all.

"Great pay but no future"

Current Employee - Justice Protective Service Officer
    Current Employee - Justice Protective Service Officer

Pros

Pay includes minimum of 8 hours overtime per week but 20 hours per week is easily obtainable.Sworn deputation as a Deputy Federal Marshal (so you won't lose law enforcement accreditation while in this job).

Cons

12 hour shifts plus commute leave no personal / family time. Job is only procedural - no independent thought or decision-making is allowed. This job is contractual with the Department of Justice. If you fall out of favor, you make be "taken off of the contract" with little or no recourse. There is no leadership here.

Advice to Management

Use sergeants as shift leaders to manage primary locations. Currently, sergeants only perform administrative duties and personnel as left to their own on the site (allowing a hit-and-miss system of experienced guidance depending upon who you happen to work with during that shift).