Waffle House Reviews | Glassdoor

Waffle House Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Its good to work at waffle house because you meet new people everyday (in 47 reviews)

• Free food, get to cook as much as I want (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • High Volume and must work all holidays (in 44 reviews)

• Work/life balance is sometimes difficult because of the 24hr business (in 31 reviews)

1. "Working hard with a smile"

Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Hiram, GA
    Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Hiram, GA

I worked at Waffle House full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seeing all the smiling faces on Sunday mornings when they're packed and everyone is working as a team to get customers served and tables rotated! Weekend nights can be very entertaining because all the kids from school sports come in. There is a bonus check every six months.

Cons

You do everything but cook.
    From busting your tables and washing your own dishs, rushing to get out of your coworkers way so she can do the same. Writing, calculating and cashing out your own tickets! All while at the same time you're responsible to beat the customers to the seat take their orders call their orders delivered drinks anticipate needs and so much more. Not to mention you have to know all the prices on the menu as well as the Waffle House written and calling language!

Advice to Management

I loved the fast pace exciting environment. But the employees are under paid to be incredibly overworked. Especially considering some girls end up having to pick up slackers Slack. I know it cost more but the silverware should be dried with paper towels instead of rags or air dried.

2. "Server/Trainer/PIC"

Current Employee - Server/Trainer/PIC in Roebuck, SC
    Current Employee - Server/Trainer/PIC in Roebuck, SC

I have been working at Waffle House full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours, vacation pay, insurance,stocks,. The customers are like family. This is the only place I've ever worked that you get insurance so quick most places you have to wait a year or more. You also get a week's vacation ever six months.

Cons

The only bad part is having to work holidays. There's even a good part to that we make good money on weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

A fair manager and team work is very important to any business. Listen to your employees there the ones that keep the store running.

3. "salesperson"

Current Employee - Salesperson in Bessemer, AL
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Bessemer, AL

I have been working at Waffle House (More than a year)

Pros

i like helping other and interacting witg people. helping people that need someone to vent to . us satisfied customers.

Cons

not fait to certain employees. let dysfunctional behaviot be tolerated and iver looked

Advice to Management

keep you employees happy. engage a realtionship with them and get to know them. help them work has a team.

5. "Insurance"

Current Employee - Server in Newnan, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Newnan, GA

I have been working at Waffle House full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good is that I have and use my health insurance..I have a chronic illness and it covers pretty much everything I need..

Cons

They take my whole check for insurance,and the whole check doesnt cover a weeks premium ..So about every 5 or so weeks I have to send a money order for like 300 to catch it up..
    I never get vacation checks either..They get that too..

Advice to Management

I dont think management has anyth j ng to do with the insurance cost..So my advice to them would only be..I know it takes a hella strong person to run one right..I commend you..

"Corporate Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Waffle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture was very cozy and friendly. You had access to seasoned employees...people work there forever. I loved my department.

Cons

Low salary; even though I had a Master's degree in the field I was working in, my salary did not reflect any additional education. My annual raise was $.50. They are behind the times in regards to technology and if you work there too long you can date yourself and not be able to obtain a position at a more advanced company. Lots of paper not automated.

Advice to Management

Reconsider salary structure at the corporate office and make competitive to the current market.

7. "District Manager"

I worked at Waffle House full-time

Pros

Great Leadership, excellent retirement plan, and an enormous potential to move up. It is all around a great company with people who care about your progress and development as a leader. Upper level management is more than willing to get their hands dirty and work right beside you.

Cons

The only bad thing about this position is the working hours. It is long days, phone calls during the night, and most weekends.

Advice to Management

Recruit, recruit, recruit!! Always have more than enough people on your team. Listen to what upper management tells you to do as far as development goes. Work on what they are telling you to work on and you will be recognized.

8. "The Perfect Part-Time Job"

Former Employee - Grill Operator in Defuniak Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Grill Operator in Defuniak Springs, FL

I worked at Waffle House part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly enviroment, Great Management, and decent money.

Cons

High Volume and must work all holidays

9. "Salesperson"

Current Employee - Salesperson/Waitress
    Current Employee - Salesperson/Waitress

I have been working at Waffle House full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good opportunity if in the right store to mage some good money, good schedule, great regular customers, awesome co workers. Bonus every 6 months

Cons

Down time, having to sometimes pouch up offers slack and not getting appreciated

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees, raises and reviews and the people who don't do their job they should get the crappy shifts and days

10. "loves the money and coworkers"

Former Employee - Grill Cook in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Grill Cook in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Waffle House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food, get to cook as much as I want

Cons

Customers being rude , arguing coworkers

Advice to Management

Keep work sperate from your outside life

"Don't work here if you are..."

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Waffle House (More than a year)

Pros

You meet new people.

Cons

Some of those new people are your up-line management team, and trust me- - - - they can care less about the Unit Managers. 18 hours a day, work all holidays, NEVER have the same two days off weekly, NO WORK/LIFE balance, politics and MORE politics when it comes to promotions, the hourly associates are the ones who really run the show in each unit which makes managing a successful team that much more difficult, no support from upper management, company has little integrity with their promises and words, and I strongly advise any individual who wants a successful career, and has the energy to accomplish it, don't waste that energy with this company.

Advice to Management

Get a clue about successful leadership in the 21st century.