Wag Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
David Appel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great pet care experience."

Former Employee - Shift Lead
    Former Employee - Shift Lead

I worked at Wag Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clear expectations, support from management, great staff, dogs. It did not take long to acclimate to the Wag way, and once I did, I could rely on consistency and support from management.

Furthermore, when I dealing with some severe health issues in my family, Wag was really supportive, top-down. Unfortunately, I had to leave Wag because of those health issues.

Cons

Irregular hours, long park time for ADP. However, the irregular hours come with the territory. Some people like being in a park for six hours, but it's not for me ("All day play" was a different section of the staff while I worked there).

Advice to Management

Continue the process you've used for staff development. I've never felt as invested in our as valued for my input as I did at Wag.

2. "Hard work balanced by playing with dogs"

Current Employee - Guest Service in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service in West Sacramento, CA

Pros

The dogs are great. Communication is open and the boss always has her door open. Everybody has fun while working.

Cons

Expected to work weekends and holidays. Watching dogs can be boring. It can be hard work: there's lots of sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, picking up poop.

Advice to Management

You've got to be the one's cheerleading everybody, all day long. Sometimes management gets low on energy and look like they don't want to be there.

3. "Great place to work."

Pros

Amazing team environment, standards for guests are very high. Exceptional client service. Staffed 24 hours so guests are not left alone.

Cons

shifts are not consistent, hours are not guaranteed, opportunity for growth takes a very long time. breaks are only 10 minutes instead of 15

"I love Training for Wag Hotels"

Current Employee - Dog Trainer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Dog Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wag Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent individual and group care for dogs, overall cleanliness and attention to both comfort and happiness of the guests. Managers are quick and happy to use my expertise and advice in regards to tailored care of the dogs staying with us, and I feel very much supported.

Cons

A bit of a drive from my residence, and traffic in and out of the city. (Location)

Advice to Management

When someone is not a good fit for the team, be quicker to act to treat the problem

"Great People, Doggie Fun!"

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wag Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a great group of people. Some days are tough but we are always quick to laugh and support each other. Managers work side by side with us, especially during the holidays and are generally quick to help with whatever is needed. You really get to know the dogs and it feels like kind of a weird hodgepodge family with lots of dogs! Company promotes from within, show up and work hard and there is a chance to grow.

Cons

New employees have a hard time showing up for their shifts and it puts the rest of the staff out. High turnover of lack luster or poor employee’s makes for never ending training. High maintenance San Francisco clients with sometimes absurd complaints.

Advice to Management

Hire higher quality people that have an interest in dogs and growing with the company. Start at a higher pay.

"Wonderful World of Wag"

I have been working at Wag Hotels full-time

Pros

I like working with dogs and enjoy the company of my co-workers. You can bring your dog to work and the job is fast paced a major plus for me. You really feel like you are making a difference for the dogs in your care and its rewarding to return a happy pet to a grateful dog mom. I have made some lasting friendships through Wag since the community of people working here generally share the same interestes...Dogs!!!

Cons

You work all weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

More consistant schedules, occasional holidays off would be nice

"Not just another day at the dog house!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wag Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to come to work and cuddle and play with the dogs is a great perk in itself! I enjoy the sense of family there is among all the staff and everyone's heart is in the right place. I also feel taken care of by managers as there is always a pizza party or holiday party or some type of "thank you". You don't always see that. Overall, everyday feels like going to work at Summer Camp, and that's awesome!

Cons

I mean, work is work. It is a physically demanding job, depending which department you work in. Sometimes the Clients can be a little rough with the staff in how they speak to them, but it's a higher end boarding facility so I guess that can be expected.

Advice to Management

Some of the building looks a little worn. Could use an update.

8. "Challenging, rewarding & FUN!"

I have been working at Wag Hotels full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wag Hotels is an amazing place to work! Fast paced, rapidly growing, opportunities for growth & amazing people I work with. Wag Hotels treats their teams as part of a family. Open 24 hours to off set working another job or flexibility in scheduling. You can bring your dog to work who wouldn't want that kind of perk. At the end of the day the biggest reward is knowing we are caring for our guest like they are our part of our own family.

Cons

Things can be a little hectic at times, but working with such a great team (management & front line staff) makes this bearable. Working weekends & holidays, but we are a service industry so taking care of our guests during the busiest times of the year is a benefit for us; keeps us employed while our clients travel.

9. "If you love dogs & cats, this is the place for you"

Current Employee - Guest Services in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wag Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to know the dogs is awesome. They're just like little kids! Seeing them in this kind of setting can't even be described.

While getting paid to watch these little furry guys, you learn. You learn how to treat minor wounds, stop incidents before they start. Gain accomplishments just for doing your job right!

I love it here and couldn't ask for more.

Cons

Mainly other staff not always doing their work. They actually get upset when management speaks to them. Management gives at least 3 opportunities to fix your work. So why do they complain?!

Advice to Management

You're not the bad guy if you discipline am employee, but you're not the good guy when you don't. Hard working staff appreciates you guys.

10. "Client Service Rep"

I worked at Wag Hotels full-time

Pros

Working with wonderful clients and their pets. Getting to provide a top notch service in a fun environment.

Cons

Long hours, stressful, no support from upper management to help reach goals that were set.