Wag N Wash Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Wag N Wash Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2018

3.3
Wag N Wash CEO Dan Remus (no image)
Dan Remus
  1. "My Second Home"

Former Employee - Wash Lead in Castle Rock, CO

I worked at Wag N Wash full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This was honestly the best job I’ve ever had. It pays well! And you get to play with dogs all day. The tip is to become certified for nail training. That’s where the money is!

Cons

The only issue at wag is some of the people I’ve worked with have been a pain in the butt (but same with every job)

Advice to Management

Upkeep in the wash is a must. And communication is key. Other than that keep up the amazing work!!!

Wag N Wash2018-07-19
  2. "Great starting job, not a good career."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Wag N Wash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Co-workers, working with dogs, opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Terrible to no benefits, Admins and Corporate don't listen or care about you.

Wag N Wash2018-07-16

"Horrible Management"

Retail Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Wag N Wash for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work with dogs and great customers.

Cons

Don’t expect to be treated fairly. Especially after working your behind off for these people.

Wag N Wash2018-03-03
  4. "good for a first job but that's it"

I worked at Wag N Wash

Pros

information on healthier way to take care of pets. dogs. discounts.

Cons

I could go on for a long time. The owners don't care about anything except money. Recently told all staff at all locations that hours were to be cut and no raises were to be given until corporate approves hours. So goodbye hours because they want "hard workers" at $9.50 an hour. No one can afford to live off of that. Training is less than efficient, most things you learn first are wrong. No one has a set way of... doing anything so you're constantly getting in trouble for messing up things you were taught wrong. Constantly reminded of mess ups. Managers and employees are petty and act like they are in high school. Corporate gives little to no care about any problems in store except those that involve customers being upset. Managers gossip just as bad as employees. It's just not worth your time to work for a company that doesn't care about the people making it's money.

Advice to Management

Care about staff and maybe your stores a little more.

Wag N Wash2017-07-02
  5. "Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Wag N Wash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone truly cares about the needs of dogs and cats through natural foods, treats and supplements. If you want to move up in the company and work hard, you will get there. And management will give advice on just what you need to do to do so. You can make a great career out of something that may have started as just a job. Owners care about their employees and show appreciation in various ways. It may be a... corporate store but still feels like a mom and pop shop.

Cons

Nothing. Every company is going to have something that they need to work on but they have a great open door policy where you can express any concern to managers all the way to owners.

Wag N Wash2017-05-10

"Retail Assistent"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Wag N Wash part-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn a lot about dog food. You get to interact with pets Companies sometimes do spiffs where you can earn more money

Cons

If you are not a favourite, don't even bother. You get taken complete advantage of. The pay is horrible for the level of skill they want. I am informed on over 15 different types of dog food, I upsell guests, I answer questions from guests to try and help find what works best for their dog, I help find allergies, avoid food issues, so on, and i only get paid $9.50 when I could make $11 flipping burgers. If you stand... around for one second you get yelled at. The staff doesn't respect each other and the management only makes it worse. Upper management does not even know how to run the company. They say one thing and completely contradict each other which only confuses employees more. And when the owners come in, nothing is ever good enough, clean enough, or sold enough. There are no positive reinforcements. There never doing a good job, only not doing a good enough of a job. I will tell you right now, they don't care about you, they care about the money you bring them. They are not family friendly. They are friendly to the money families have.

Advice to Management

Be consistent with training Pay more Be fair to everyone and treat everyone the day Do what you say you will Don't keep mean people cause they make you money Hire more reliable people that are closer give rewards Find a new general manager

Wag N Wash2017-05-03

"Don't Recommend"

I worked at Wag N Wash full-time

Pros

Discount on product and free dog washes

Cons

Bad training, no help when asking for it just left to figure things out on your own then getting written up for it even though you asked in the first place. Horrible pay for what you do, and picky about hours.

Wag N Wash2017-04-19
  8. "Love this job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Wag N Wash full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to play with pets all day, how much better can a job be? I enjoy coming to work every day and seeing my team... Administration is awesome and they have a great open door policy.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Wag N Wash2017-01-27
  9. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at Wag N Wash full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company mission. Great owners and admin team. It is a very happy and fun place to work. I have been here for 3 years now and hope to never leave. If you are an animal lover and genuinely care about their wellbeing, this is the place to be. The company only allows the best for the pets and people we work with. I'm proud to work here and be a part of the Wag Family!

Cons

Can't think of anything... I have no issues with work/life balance and salary is more than fair.

Wag N Wash2017-01-25
  10. "Fun atmosphere"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wag N Wash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed, fun environment with great people to work with. Everyone is very friendly... maybe because we get to see dogs all day. It's a growing company with more locations opening up all the time.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at this point. Just keep hiring positive, outgoing people to maintain the fun environment and reduce turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

Wag N Wash2017-01-24