Wag! Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Wag! CEO Hilary Schneider
Hilary Schneider

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Waking up early or staying up late to walk dogs is another was to find walks" (in 31 reviews)

• "Awesome and easy to use app design" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also, Wag takes 40% of what the dog owners pay" (in 13 reviews)

• "I signed up for this in California and there was too many Walkers so as soon as I get a notification it already be booked" (in 26 reviews)

1. "Horrible horrible horrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wag! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely no pros about this place.

Cons

This is the worse company Ive ever worked at. All the top management including supervisors and trainers havent a clue of what is going on and definitely cant train. They are wayyy overly overstaffed for the work they dont have. The hiring person likes to hug you which is something I do not appreciate being touched and falls into sexual harassment he is my employer not even my friend dont touch me! Besides that they are the rudest people you will hopefully ever meet. My biggest advice is stay away.

Advice to Management

Grow up, learn your job and stop hugging and touching people its very uncomfortable and unwanted. It definitely crosses the line.

Nov 28, 2018 – VP of HR

We're sorry to hear about your experience and take this type of feedback very seriously. We're investigating and if you're comfortable sharing more details, please reach out to me or another member... More

"Used to be good"

Former Employee - N/A in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - N/A in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wag! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

used to be good, high growth and exciting

Cons

not growing, firing everyone, CEO is trying to create a new company and none of the things that made the company initially successful and there anymore

Advice to Management

when something was working don't flip it upside down, try to do it your way and expect success. especially when you were not there to see and learn what made it successful in the first place.

Oct 29, 2018 – VP of HR

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Our top priority at Wag! is delivering amazing experiences for dog parents, walkers and employees. If you have any... More

"RUN"

Pros

free food everyday which was nice

Cons

disorganized. lack of respect from the top people down.

Sep 10, 2018 – VP of HR

Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We're all ears about what we can do to make Wag! a better place to work. If you have some time, we'd love to hear more details about... More

"It was all great, at first."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Wag! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch every day, Free drinks in the fridge, Air conditioning, place was clean

Cons

July-August 2018 they started hemmoraging employees. They set up an external call center in the Philippines. It was cheap, so much cheaper in fact that they decided to start firing people indicrininately about 25 people were fired or quit in the span of 30 days. In a very CORPORATE fashion they're going all in with the external call center and just shedding the dead weight. All the workers in the US that made this company any semblance of good are being terminanted to meet the bottom line. Apply at your own risk

Advice to Management

Don't call yourselves a startup anymore if you're changing everything and screwing over your employees at corporate.

Aug 22, 2018 – VP of HR

Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience with Wag!. We're working hard to create a company that provides the best possible experience for dog parents, walkers and... More

"Stay far, far away."

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Wag! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The lunches are catered, which is nice, but what they don't tell you is that the food is the cheapest slop they can find and it regularly gives people food poisoning. Some days the food is literally inedible.

- The health benefits are great.

Cons

Management is completely incompetent at every level. People are usually promoted based on if they're buddies with the current management and not their actual ability to manage. This results in most of them having no idea what they're doing day to day and zero ability to handle managing a team of people which very negatively impacts the employees. Policy frequently changes without employees being told, people get told to do one thing and do it then get written up for not doing it another way, leadership makes agreements they don't honor later, leads hand off their responsibilities like handling escalated calls to regular reps, and so on. It got so bad that they had a week where they took people 12 at a time into another room and wrote down feedback on every way management was completely failing its job, and it covered an entire wall. Guess what changed after those meetings? Absolutely nothing.

It's no surprise people drop like flies at Wag. Either they get fed up with the incompetence and misbehavior of management and quit with a fiery Slack post or they speak up and management finds some flimsy excuse to fire them. Also when you get fired they give you a severance pay but in order to get that you have to sign away any and all right to take action against them for literally anything, including violating the Civil Rights Act. Not shady at all, right?

Add onto this the general dissaray of day to day operations compounded by systems that break and are designed poorly in the first place, policies that encourage lying to dog owners and walkers, lying to employees, poor treatment of employees with disabilities, poor treatment of LGBT employees, etc, and you have a miserable place to work that is absolutely not worth the table scraps they pay you.

Easily the worst place I have ever worked in my entire life.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what advice I could give management they haven't received already. They are clearly uninterested in changing or caring about their employees.

"Don’t work here"

Former Employee - Customer Service in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Wag! (Less than a year)

Pros

Sure, they provide lunch, but several of us have experienced food poisoning from it, on more than one occasion. The vegetarian option will keep you fed at least, but it runs out quick.

Cons

Almost everything. The app you will be working for is immensely outdated and underdeveloped. It crashes all the time and you get to deal with the fall out from that. Every time is crashes, the call volume goes up tremendously. The system there crashes several times a month, for hours at a time. Management ya extremely cliquey, and they pick favorites like no one I’ve seen. Don’t expect any feedback from anyone (they let me go over a phone call when I had never been warned for anything before), and don’t expect any sort of support from your superiors. The client base is terrible to work for, and there’s an unfortunate amount of racism in the office.

Advice to Management

Fix the app, support your reps, and, seriously? Switching to phone calls only?? Is your app so thoroughly stuck in 2008?

"Frustrating"

Pros

Cute dogs that is all

Cons

The amount of money you get per job is not worth tbe money spent on gas and required materials, including the t shirts and promotional cards. You had to buy. The company has no way for you to quit without jumping through hoops. And the app never shows when walks are available.

Advice to Management

Read the negative reviews and fix the issues

"STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wag! full-time

Pros

ZERO - literally the worst company.

Cons

This company is horrible! They have zero respect for works and clients - they will literally hire anyone just to fill it up with walkers. It hurts both walkers and customers, walkers can't get walks because the demand isn't there and owners have inexperienced people taking care of their pets! It's a HORRIBLE company - I used to work for the Chicago department and Wag HQ is so unorganized with a huge lack of communication this company is seriously a JOKE.

Employees - do not apply! It's not worth it and there are better part time/side jobs.

Owners- don't trust this app for your pups!!

"Waste of your time"

I worked at Wag! part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They put up a good front and promise you a "great way to make extra money"

Cons

You have to bend over backwards to appease their schedules, customer service is amateur so you better hope you never have a problem, and when you do have a problem they will treat you like dog poop.

Advice to Management

your business model will not work and you will fail in supply and demand to your competitors. Your onboarding process is unreasonable for the actual job description. My full time job was easier to get and that pays 3x more than what you pay.

"There's a potentially decent app to actually grow"

I worked at Wag! full-time

Pros

Fun location to work
    Catered meals
    Start up drive

Cons

Immature leadership and founders.
    Office politics guts any desire to grow
    The commission the walkers don't make it worth their while
    The app is just buggy and unstable

Advice to Management

I'm actually LOLing at the reviews that talked about how the company is changing from what made it successful. That office sucked and everyone who enjoyed it 'back in the old days' were people responsible for the toxic atmosphere that allowed people to get thrown under the bus and deflect blame as much as they could. Too many people had no idea on what to do but told others what to do because they got there first. And all their behavior held the application back.
    So my advice: keep getting rid of people who don't wanna help the app get better.