Wag! Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Wag! CEO Hilary Schneider
Hilary Schneider

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Waking up early or staying up late to walk dogs is another was to find walks" (in 31 reviews)

• "Awesome and easy to use app design" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also, Wag takes 40% of what the dog owners pay" (in 13 reviews)

• "I signed up for this in California and there was too many Walkers so as soon as I get a notification it already be booked" (in 26 reviews)

1. "Horrible horrible horrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wag! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely no pros about this place.

Cons

This is the worse company Ive ever worked at. All the top management including supervisors and trainers havent a clue of what is going on and definitely cant train. They are wayyy overly overstaffed for the work they dont have. The hiring person likes to hug you which is something I do not appreciate being touched and falls into sexual harassment he is my employer not even my friend dont touch me! Besides that they are the rudest people you will hopefully ever meet. My biggest advice is stay away.

Advice to Management

Grow up, learn your job and stop hugging and touching people its very uncomfortable and unwanted. It definitely crosses the line.

Nov 28, 2018 – VP of HR

We're sorry to hear about your experience and take this type of feedback very seriously. We're investigating and if you're comfortable sharing more details, please reach out to me or another member... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wag! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love it, I am learning so much, making a difference, and soo many cute doggos. Such great mentorship and teammates with an awesome culture. Tons of career opps.

Cons

What is there is share. No downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You guys lead when there are small issues and praise us when we are doing well.

"There's a potentially decent app to actually grow"

I worked at Wag! full-time

Pros

Fun location to work
    Catered meals
    Start up drive

Cons

Immature leadership and founders.
    Office politics guts any desire to grow
    The commission the walkers don't make it worth their while
    The app is just buggy and unstable

Advice to Management

I'm actually LOLing at the reviews that talked about how the company is changing from what made it successful. That office sucked and everyone who enjoyed it 'back in the old days' were people responsible for the toxic atmosphere that allowed people to get thrown under the bus and deflect blame as much as they could. Too many people had no idea on what to do but told others what to do because they got there first. And all their behavior held the application back.
    So my advice: keep getting rid of people who don't wanna help the app get better.

"Used to be good"

Former Employee - N/A in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - N/A in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wag! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

used to be good, high growth and exciting

Cons

not growing, firing everyone, CEO is trying to create a new company and none of the things that made the company initially successful and there anymore

Advice to Management

when something was working don't flip it upside down, try to do it your way and expect success. especially when you were not there to see and learn what made it successful in the first place.

Oct 29, 2018 – VP of HR

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Our top priority at Wag! is delivering amazing experiences for dog parents, walkers and employees. If you have any... More

"Working at Wag!"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Wag! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth if you show initiative, people bring their dogs to work, daily catered lunch and breakfast on Monday, ping pong table, most people are friendly.

Cons

It's a growing startup so there are a lot of changes often and plenty of growing pains.

Oct 4, 2018 – VP of HR

Thanks so much for your review and being a part of our team.

"If You Like Being Used........"

I have been working at Wag! full-time

Pros

Free lunch, the people you work with are wonderful, unlimited OT, office dogs

Cons

Majority of leadership is a joke. Representatives pretend to be a supervisor when speaking with angry owners because the leads won't.

If you are being harassed or bullied and you tell your manager or lead, they do nothing and tell you to email HR. They will most likely not do a thing about it. One rep was forced to wear a mens tee for a week straight because they thought her clothes were too sexy even though many others dressed the same.

They dont care about anything than revenue. Unwilling to fix safety issues for the walkers and dogs that they make their money off of. Don't provide training materials and dogs are often harmed and walkers are bit, some even need serious medical attention which Wag! does not compensate them for. The owners are allowed to keep dangerous dogs on the platform with no consequence. No proof of vaccinations are required. You will make $.75 above minimum wage to calm walkers after being attacked and owners if their dog is injured or worse all day long.

The recent positive reviews are either from higher executives or marketing trying to improve our image. They say the same thing and nothing I have ever heard while working in the office from the majority of the workers here.

Advice to Management

The people that you use to make your millions off of are not disposable. We are not to be used to farm ideas from while promising that you want to help US build the company, and turn around and send hundreds of jobs to the Phillipeans and dozens of jobs to Arizona to just to save a buck.

Build a better platform with less glitches and train your people. You wouldn't need to spend so much in overhead costs if you just focus on doing it right instead of delivering the cheapest product possible.

Maybe value the people who helped you build this company from a living room in a mansion in the Hollywood Hills to the cash cow it is today?

Oct 29, 2018 – VP of HR

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and are sorry to hear about your impression of Wag!. We're always looking at how to improve the Wag! experience for pet parents, walkers and... More

"Growing company with tons of potential"

I have been working at Wag! full-time

Pros

- Thoughtful leadership team showing a care about people
    - Lots of change to help the company scale & grow
    - Incredible opportunity in a large market

Cons

- Some growing pains, but making improvements!

Advice to Management

Stay the course and continue to work together

"Great Product + New Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wag! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Collaborative Environment
    + Great Leadership Team with Emphasis on Improving the Dog Owner/Walker Experience
    + Opportunity to Impact the Business in All Aspects
    + Office Dogs

Cons

- Early stages of having a full benefits package but have seen huge improvements in recent months (ie. 401K, Improved Medical, Free Food, etc.). Keep it Going and this will become a positive in no time.
    - Must Love Dogs (but honestly, who doesn't?)
    - Need more talent to join the team.

"RUN"

Pros

free food everyday which was nice

Cons

disorganized. lack of respect from the top people down.

Sep 10, 2018 – VP of HR

Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We're all ears about what we can do to make Wag! a better place to work. If you have some time, we'd love to hear more details about... More

"Heading in the right direction"

I have been working at Wag! full-time

Pros

--New executive leadership team is strong - good combination of maturity/stability and tech/growth skills. The new CEO is a major win for the company.
    --Collaborative work environment with people committed to the best product for our customers.
    --Fun work environment - office dogs are a big plus and the general atmosphere is great.

Cons

Wag is a startup so you have to be ready/ok with rapid growth, change, and everyone working together to figure things out as you go. That said, it's an energetic environment so long as you aren't looking for deep bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the leadership and support you have been recently. Excited to see what the next year holds for us!

Sep 10, 2018 – VP of HR

Thanks for the candid review. We love hearing feedback like this.