WageWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Jackson

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover with broken processes (in 14 reviews)

• In addition, headcount is always in such focus to keep down expenses that work life balance is sacrificed (in 6 reviews)

1. "Implementation Manager"

Former Employee - Implementation Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Implementation Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at WageWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Manager, Work/home balance, good pay

Cons

Not structured, employees all use different procedures and methods to get projects done.

Advice to Management

Create a process map to follow across the board. Not ideal to do lay offs when new people were just hired on the same team 1 month before.

2. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Desktop Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Desktop Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Positive Work Environment
    + Strong and Cooperative IT Team
    + Strongly Encourages Job Advancement and does their best to provide the tools to make it possible
    + They don't typically play the political game. They tend to be very "Let's Do What it Takes to Fix This and Fix it Right"
    + For as many systems as we use, they've done a pretty good job of maintaining support for many of them.

Cons

- Very heavy workload at times due to fluctuating nature of the business (Open Enrollment for example)
    - Wide Array of different systems that can sometimes get a little hectic when issues arise

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you've done well in a competitive market and have been deserving of the explosive growth. Stick with the "Just Fix it and Fix it right" attitude. I can't stand politics that are so heavy that it stifles a resolution.

My only true criticism is to work towards centralizing and migrating some of our "older" or "limited" environments into our main proprietary environment.

"Low Employee Morale"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and flexible hours

Cons

Extremely low wages. No opportunity for movement within company. Executives treat employees poorly. High turnover in Finance.

5. "good"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at WageWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros
    Great start up job, lots of potential for learning. Discover your skills in customer service, claims or operations.

Cons

this job starts off as seasonal to temporary and at temporary you can have benefits

Advice to Management

keep up the good work and thanks for the support

""Run don't walk""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at WageWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance and flex work days.

Cons

To many ppl in management & no ppl to even manage. They tend to hire and lay off full time employees. HR is the absolute the Worse.

Advice to Management

Better manage your management,batted benefits,& get of the PTO and actually find an HR grip that can separate sick from personal.

"This isn't my first job and won't be my last"

Current Employee - IT Product Manager in Mequon, WI
    Current Employee - IT Product Manager in Mequon, WI

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and tea
    decent commute
    work life balance is ok, if you're not on call
    immediate management is great, but depends on your manager
    close working relationship with direct teammates
    Good place to learn about Claims and Financial payments
    Med/Dental/Vision benefits are what you expect, nothing spectacular, but you'll have coverage

Cons

This company will look you in the eyes, tell you respect is a core value, and anything less will not be tolerated. I've witnessed our VP yell at my immediate manager for reasons that were not his fault. Employees outside of your immediate team will expect you to drop everything you're doing to help them immediately, if we can't, we get told on. Other managers will also talk down to you if you try to understand their request.
    There’s also an attitude of “Figure out who to blame” at our location. Instead of fixing an issue, fingers are pointed at everyone involved. They feel it’s more important to figure out who did what, reprimanded them, yell at them, than it is to really find a fix for the issue.

My entire team has had our jobs directly threatened by the CEO due to mistakes. At every other company I've been in, if we make a mistake, we review and learn from it. At this company, I really feel like any mistake may be my last. If I'm lucky to get off with a hand slap, I wonder what will happen next time and if they'll ever yell.

Project management is a joke. We've taken on a major government contract and there was no project plan or deadline provided to the people involved. Everything we did, we accomplished at the last minute. There are also issues with the data that no one can seem to resolve, this has led to many unpaid claims.

HR is a joke. There's been yelling matches in the conference room right next to HR's office. The walls are paper thin, yet somehow HR seems to have no knowledge of these events.

Advice to Management

I have no advice, there will be no changes by senior leadership. Disrespect is tolerated and it starts from the CEO and snowballs down.

"Unpleasant conditions"

Former Employee - IS Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IS Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Nothing else to say...managment is not the best...no pros about this company.

Cons

Turnover constantly...managment are not thankful for the work that you produce.

Advice to Management

Be alittle more humble and kind to employees. Be thankful for what they do...especially when they are praised by a client.

"Put your foot in the door."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

Pay is less than industry average, sometimes over working people.

"People come in and out"

Former Employee - Senior Subject Matter Expert in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Subject Matter Expert in Raleigh, NC

I worked at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Off on the weekends, decent pay compared to other entry level positions

Cons

Promotions without pay, no benefits, high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Please pay your employees what they deserve especially when they are providing quality work.

"Current Operations Employrr"

Current Employee - Operations Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The medical, dental, vision, etc benefits are laughable. The only 'benefit' is that there is a steady paycheck involved with the job.

Cons

Cons? Where to start? The corporate board and upper management fail to adequately map out realistic strategies to manage the company's growth. Department staffing is adequate for daily workloads, in certain departments. Sadly, most departments are understaffed, overworked, and given unrealistic goals and timelines to complete them. Department 'training' consists of blast emails and learning as employees go along. Many longtime employees have left for greener pastures, taking their knowledge and experience with them.

Advice to Management

The changes that need to be made go far beyond what the board and upper management are willing to do.