WageWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Edgar Montes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They also believe in work-life-balance and try to make sure that Employees understand how to navigate it in their work life" (in 19 reviews)

• "Great Employees, and good benefits" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unfortunately, there is no work-life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "Management does not know how to do the jobs and just delegates them (a reason for high turnover)" (in 18 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at WageWorks full-time

Pros

WW has a strong performance-based culture with laser focus on achieving great results on a daily basis. The team is dedicated to success and very capable. I'm proud to be a member of the WW team.

Cons

No major cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on our strategic plans to enable continued prosperity and growth

2. "Excellent Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While the company has undergone a lot of change recently, this allows current employees to have a lot of impact on the direction the company is going. No matter your professional level, your ideas can be heard and taken into account. The management encourages a healthy work-life balance. Even though we all have a lot of work that keeps us busy, we are encouraged to maintain healthy work hours and practice good self care. They appreciate talent and work ethic and don't take their valuable employees for granted.

Cons

The PTO is accrued at a below average rate, and they don't allow you to use it ahead of time. However, management is pretty flexible with allowing you to work from home if need be or stepping out for a doctor's appointment without having to use PTO.

The other con is the benefits packages don't include all the products WageWorks offers. We should have access to the full suite of benefits we provide in order to advocate for the company.

Advice to Management

My direct manager is fantastic. I would advise the Leadership team to be more decisive and communicate a clear cut plan on how we will achieve company goals. Its not enough to say we want to be the best, employees need to know how we plan to get there.

3. "hope for change"

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company does what it can to provide good health benefits. In comparison to other employers WW does take on more of the cost so the employees aren't responsible for higher monthly premiums.
    The organizational structure was very top heavy, that seemed to have changed in recent years.
    Bad seeds are no longer with the company allowing for a decent chance at changing the culture here.

Cons

Salary is not competitive, there is no room for growth or career development, locations are isolated, not really a feeling of "one WagesWorks", revamped their remote policy so select roles can work remote which is a small fraction of the company, no formal change management here even though it seems like we acquire a new company yearly, some leadership unapproachable, change takes forever here - layers of approval

Advice to Management

Grow your employees, allow for flexible work schedule or work from home - not every department has external clients or a need to be in the office every day. Making changes to the organization seems to take forever here. You're risking losing valuable employees who take with them expertise and important client relationships.

4. "A lot of potential, but not as much progress."

I have been working at WageWorks full-time

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, solid PTO, growing industry

Cons

Poor communication from management, poor communication between internal departments, inadequate training.

Advice to Management

I recommend making a stronger effort retaining the more talented individuals in all roles. It seems that the best members in management don't stick around long, and it stifles progress dramatically.

It also appears that when it comes to change or growth, the decision-making is never very well-calculated. It's either too dramatic, not significant enough, or unrelated to the root issue. I think executive-level management should do a better job engaging with the workforce here and identify what the actual problems are and correct those, rather than ignoring them or trying to work around them.

5. "Great company to work for - bright future"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Irving, TX

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and engaged leadership team. Growing, healthy business. Industry that helps people manage their healthcare and healthcare costs.

Cons

Disparate workforce scattered throughout the US.

6. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Collections Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Collections Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance Great work environment

Cons

WageWorks really does not have short falls other than some processes need streamlining and the company is working on this

Advice to Management

Keep working on streamlining processes

7. "Really good software development things happening"

Current Employee - EDI Software Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - EDI Software Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive direction in Product Development.
    Software architecture direction is excellent.
    Some really smart people to work with.
    Agile methodology is being implemented.
    Lots of room for code updates and new ideas.

Cons

Agile methodology is very slowly being implemented.
    Lots of room for code updates and new ideas--lots of old code.
    Many 'old thinkers' in departments that are not open to Agile methodology.

"WageWorks - growing and going!"

Current Employee - Director in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Irving, TX

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WageWorks is at the start of a new employment and brand journey, as they have a mostly new executive team. They are focused on re-igniting the culture and designing an entirely new employee experience, throughout the employee life cycle. I've had the pleasure to work for many companies who have been designated as a Great Place to Work in Dallas and I have no doubt WageWorks will be getting on that list, soon!

Cons

Open floor plan makes it tough for senior leaders to have private or performance conversations with our teams. The last employer I had, had white noise built into the building and that made a marked improvement in the open space.

Advice to Management

When you are traveling to the sites, please spend time on "management by walking around." My individual contributors are hungry to at the least, meet you and shake your hand. Would be great to invest in meeting space, so we can include all employees in site Town Hall meetings.

9. "Lots of Potential"

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-My role challenges me
    -Company market
    -Leadership is helpful and there to listen
    -Company culture is striving to modernize
    -Great people to work with
    -Diverse office environment
    -Good benefits
    -Tuition reimbursement is a plus

Cons

-Would be great to have a parking garage (That's a lot to ask for I know)
    -Needs more amenities like an onsite gym

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve our company culture.
    Free soda/juice bar would be an awesome addition to our free Starbucks coffee

10. "Millennial Approved"

I have been working at WageWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WageWorks provides an all-star supporting cast! Employees have diverse career backgrounds and that fosters a very innovative workplace. The culture is the best I’ve experienced in the 10+ years I’ve been in the corporate world. Everyone smiles and you can tell they’re happy to work here. There is a great work-life balance, engagement and transparency from all levels within the organization, and it’s a place where your ideas will be heard and taken into account. I didn’t quite realize what I had signed myself up for when I joined WageWorks, but I’m glad I did!

Cons

There isn’t a parking garage – seriously, that’s my only complaint! #firstworldproblems

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for the leadership, engagement, transparency, and dedication to fostering an awesome culture.