KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

21% Recommend to a Friend

Found 88 of over 112 reviews

2.0

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I really enjoy the training we receive when joining and on an ongoing basis, it helps me to broaden my skills while also ensuring we bond as a team.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The staff are approachable and cooperative.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Amazing employees(in 3 reviews)
  • "The office life is much easier when you have colleagues who appreciate your talents and what you contribute to the project.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "No salaries for ages and who knows if we would get it(in 9 reviews)
  • "Pay is low.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Poor Management because of the huge number of hired teachers; delay for the payments.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

ESL Teaching is the Best

May 2, 2019 - ESL Tutor in Australia Landing, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in Waijiaoyi as an Online English Teacher for exactly six months and I find it very enjoyable. I love kids and teaching them is just like playing with my own son. A work isn’t a work when I enjoy it. The pleasure that I gain everyday is immeasurable and makes me look and feel younger, no more traffics to endure, it’s just me and my Waijiaoyi family, and I definitely love them!!

Cons

Few classes now and only part time positions but the payment is very alluring.

2. 1.0

No payment at all

Aug 10, 2021 - Online English Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

lovely kids previously friendly HRs enough booking

Cons

no payments no updates no guaranties not trustable silence form HRs when asking about salary

3. 1.0

Scam

May 16, 2021 - Online ESL Teacher in China, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

None at all.don't even think to work for this company.

Cons

Didn't gave our salaries for the past 2 mons since April.feel like getting scam.

4. 1.0

DONT EVER WORK FOR WAIJIAOYI

Mar 10, 2021 - Online English Teacher in United, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing. They are nice when they need you but after you ask for your money they change their attitude.

Cons

They do not pay teachers, they get mad and upset when teachers ask for their payments , they apply deductions out of everything, and if you stop working for them because you haven’t received your payment they charge you for that. I got a deduction of 20% because I decided not to teach until I received my money. They applied the deduction because of my decision and actually never received my payment. I basically worked for free!

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0

They don't pay salaries

Feb 27, 2021 - Online English Teacher in China, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

good rate per teaching hour

Cons

they don't pay money !!

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stay away! They don't pay their teachers!

Feb 25, 2021 - Online ESL Teacher in China, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, they don't pay, don't respond and make excuses when you ask for your money

Cons

Everything, no salary, no response, constant lies

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad

Sep 30, 2020 - ESL Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. They have nothing good going on

Cons

Everything. The discounts are ridiculous and abusive

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Waijiaoyi is definitely the place to go.

Apr 12, 2019 - ESL Teacher in China, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

Waijiaoyi is definitely the place to go. I am a non-native English speaker and yes, we can teach with them! Plus, respect is felt whatever your nationality is. Their beliefs and values are admirable as racism has never been an issue. You work with great people and you teach enthusiastic kids. Can't think of anywhere else to go.

Cons

Time difference from my country

9. 5.0

Waijiaoyi is the best!

Mar 29, 2019 - ESL Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Waijiaoyi is the best company to work with. It offers fixed and flexible schedules and I could freely choose either of the two or both! I earn really well and this kind of work is pretty inspiring. I'm teaching kids and they are really nice and friendly. You would love their energy and fascination to learn. Waijiaoyi uses hi-tech approach to reach out to these kids. No wonder China is a land to business tycoons! The quest for knowledge just keeps on improving.

Cons

Available positions is Part- time only

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The wonder of working at home

Mar 14, 2019 - ESL Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wanna share my personal experience with Waijiaoyi for everyone to know how cool it is to be part of this company. I'm a part-time English teacher and I work during weekends. Well, I get a fixed pay as I stay online for 4 hours per day. Being a full-time mom, I grabbed this opportunity since I just need to work less than half of the day on Saturdays and Sundays. The wonder of working at home yeah? Join us as we continue to rapidly grow!

Cons

I only work as Part-time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Reviews
</>Embed

Waijiaoyi Reviews FAQs

Waijiaoyi has an overall rating of 2.0 out of 5, based on over 112 reviews left anonymously by employees. 21% of employees would recommend working at Waijiaoyi to a friend and 22% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Waijiaoyi employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Waijiaoyi. This rating has improved by 18% over the last 12 months.

21% of Waijiaoyi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Waijiaoyi 2.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.1 for culture and values and 2.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Waijiaoyi to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be compensation .