Wake Forest University Reviews
81% would recommend to a friend
(534 total reviews)
Nathan O. Hatch
88% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay was low but believe that better shortly after I left" (in 39 reviews)
- "Low salaries relative to average" (in 14 reviews)
- "parking is definitely difficult beware" (in 9 reviews)
- "It is appealing the senior leaders seem to have a 1950s model of leadership." (in 9 reviews)
- "too much management/ politics/ donations oriented/ corporate style system" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Wake Forest University and is not affected by filters.
Found 534 of over 592 reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Dec 5, 2023Student WorkerFormer Employee
- Learned more about Nutrition based around performance - Learned about proper supplementation - Attained first hand experience with communication and leadership
- The hours were very odd at the end of my tenure there.
- 4.0Nov 13, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsWinston-Salem, NC
PTO is a great benefit (4 wks to start for hourly and 5 wks to start) for staff. Tuition concession for dependant children is great for those who have or plan to start a family. Wake is about to open a childcare facility and I am hopeful that this will benefit faculty and staff equally.
Faculty and staff have a lot of work on their plates. Balance can be difficult.
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023Postdoctoral FellowCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Research community is good, pay is also good.
Need to pay for parking. Students are extremely entitled. Not really diverse but probably better than many other places.
- 3.0Nov 3, 2023AssociateCurrent EmployeeWinston-Salem, NC
The benefits are beyond compare
Similar to other companies, Management is not always cognizant of the work involved at a lower level
- 2.0Nov 3, 2023AdministratorFormer EmployeeCharlotte, NC
Changing systems, available Upper management
Awful culture, employees don’t trust upper management, overall not a good place to work
- 5.0Oct 24, 2023Endocrinology FellowCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWinston-Salem, NC
-collegial work environment -diverse, equitable, fair
- walkability score low -some indirect communication with other physicians
- 3.0Oct 6, 2023ManagerFormer Employee
Good benefits. Enjoyed collaborating with most co-workers
Wake Forest University is not cohesive and they underpay the majority of their staff. Departments work in silos.
Wake Forest University Reviews FAQs
Wake Forest University has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 592 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Wake Forest University to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
81% of Wake Forest University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wake Forest University 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.