Wake Technical Community College Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Aug 30, 2016

3.6
Wake Technical Community College President   Steve Scott (no image)
Steve Scott
Pros
Cons
  • "The community college system runs on part time instructors(in 5 reviews)

• "Lack of flexibility, when an instructor is sick or have a family emergency(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "CCR Instructor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wake Technical Community College part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Students are wonderful and instructors have some freedom to determine how they will teach.

Cons

It is almost impossible to get a full time job with benefits. The community college system runs on part time instructors.

"Great ESL program!"

ESL Instructor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wake Technical Community College

Pros

Great management, wonderful students, excellent resources.

Cons

Part time hours. No pay for snow days. Lengthy unpaid breaks between semesters.

Continue reading

3. "I was an ESL Adjunct Instructor. Overall I was very pleased with the students, faculty and management."

Former Contractor - ESL Instructor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wake Technical Community College for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed being an adjunct instructor because I taught evening classes from 6-9pm. I had the option to teach 2 nights a week or 4. Because the job was in the evenings I was able to work a full-time job during the day. Management was very well-informed, helpful and communicative. They really worked to make sure that their teachers had everything they needed to make their classes great.

Cons

At the time I worked there (and I'm sure it's the same now), the vast, vast majority of employees within the Basic Education Division (ESL included) were all adjunct instructors. This means that as an employee you can work up to a certain number of hours but not over because then the school would be required to provide you with benefits. As a short term or part time gig it's great but not a stable career as there are no benefits and you are technically a 'contract' worker and may not be needed for the following term.

Continue reading

"good place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Adjunct Nutrition Instructor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wake Technical Community College part-time for less than a year

Pros

students eager to learn more...

Cons

only part time employment at that time was available

Continue reading
  5. "Rewarding job with a supportive staff in a challenging field."

Current Contractor - ESL Instructor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wake Technical Community College for less than a year

Pros

Supervisors are very supportive and encouraging. Staff is professional and kind. ESL Students are hard-working and they come from very diverse cultures and backgrounds. It's wonderful to work in such a multi-cultural environment where I am learning from my students everyday.

Cons

Pay is competitive and sufficient. However, no benefits are offered unless you are Full Time. The school works hard to keep the vast majority of its staff Part Time.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.