Walgreens Reviews in St. Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Walgreens Executive Vice Chairman and Acting CEO Stefano Pessina
Stefano Pessina

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work/life balance like in all retail (in 241 reviews)

• Pay Is not ideal for the amount of work (in 108 reviews)

1. "Damon gemes"

Current Employee - Associate in Barnhart, MO
    Current Employee - Associate in Barnhart, MO

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy good job, pays decent, can work yourself up easily

Cons

Terrible at hours, and not understanding of family issues or requesting off

Advice to Management

Care more about employee

"walgreens pharmacy manager"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Edwardsville, IL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Edwardsville, IL

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Work environment in my current locations

Cons

Terminated over policy violation for receipt survey but corporate pressure over results.

Advice to Management

provide better guidelines for customer surveys results and promotion.

3. "No to much"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Healthcare and 401k benefits

Cons

Their cutting down on overtime, after 3 years raises have only been given in .20 cent increments annually. Voluntary Time Off is always available. Company is steady downsizing its line of products. Their only focusing on pharmaceuticals not retail.

Advice to Management

Choose better candidates for your management and lead positions. Interviews do not physically and mentally prove that a person is ready for the task.

"Cut from Full Time to Part Time"

Former Employee - Relief Pharmacist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Relief Pharmacist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good amount of vacation even as a new employee

Cons

Unpredictable schedule if you are not staffed a specific store

Advice to Management

Push more pharmacy services like MTS/MTM and patient health monitoring programs for reimbursement through third parties, then increase RPh hours

"Constantly changing"

Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - District Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team members you work with , decent benefits, opportunities for growth and relocation. Every day is different from the next.

Cons

Cost cuts, position changes frequently, high expectations with little help. Small payroll budgets, having difficult conversations with underperforming employees. Minimal recognition for jobs well done.

Advice to Management

Be flexible

"let the corporate people really know how it is to be an employee of there company"

Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time

Pros

The good customers are the only reason i stay.

Cons

Not a high enough pay rate as they cap you once you've been there for so long. They have taken away our bonuses and replaced them with balance rewards, then tax them at the end of the year so what are we truly receiving from them. Took away our acknowlegments for doing great work every month. ( employee of the month). Always short staffed as they wont approve a budget for enough hours to have help in the pharmacy, instead they want us to do more for less pay and no help. 1 person does the job of 5, and im sorry im not a rebot.

Advice to Management

Speak up and quit being bullied to do things that are not helpful to your employees. tell the corporate people how it really is, as they sit in their offices. Just like any other company, when the big shots come in well the store must stand out for that day and Lord behold we have tons of help, well what about the other 364 days a year?

7. "Walgreens"

Current Employee - Switch Hitter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Switch Hitter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, especially for retirees who need health insurance. Good store discounts and training programs available.

Cons

On the floor training is weak due to short staffing hours allotted. Company needs to boost starting salaries so people apply who are old enough to sell alcohol. Service 21s can seriously affect the amount of tasks that get done by end of shift.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to on the job training and hire employees who are willing to work closing hours and who are old enough to sell alcohol without calling other employees to register to do so. Also pay attention to employees who call in, and make sure being short staffed does not become an issue. Have more respect for closing staff who mist not only complete a list of tasks, take care care of customers, but must also condition store at end of night, this includes the cooler and freezer, floors and bathrooms, take note of time it takes so being short staffed is a hindrance and makes job less tolerable.

8. "Positive Reviews Across the Board"

Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Florissant, MO
    Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Florissant, MO

I worked at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many friendly people, and a very well run store. Every employee had their place, and for the most part it ran like a very well oiled machine. I saw some wonderful employees get well deserved raises and titles too, so the work you do really is noticed. Also, they have some of the most wonderful customers, and they actually will speak up about hard working employees, instead of just complaints.

Cons

They used to have these old school photo developer machines that printed beautiful quality pictues, and they occasionally had a hitch or two, but I was way more involved in the process. But they "upgraded" the developers to photo printers and it's not the same magical process of developing photographs anymore. Now its just bland.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it really is working. The customers really could see the care and dedication of the managers as well as that of the employees, and that was a wonderful feeling.

9. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Glen Carbon, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Glen Carbon, IL

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, fun, great peers, lots of room to learn and grow, main holidays off, Sundays off, store works as a team.

Cons

Management schedule, lack of budgets, lack of communication throughout the organization, too many bosses with their own agenda, work most Saturdays, holiday scheduling is not conducive to a strong family life, promotions have nearly halted.

Advice to Management

Do not expect training from your superiors, once you are promoted to store manager you training is on your shoulders.

10. "Customer service associate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Alton, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Alton, IL

I have been working at Walgreens part-time

Pros

Walgreens has been a joy to work with even though I have been here for only a little over a month. The managers and staff work well to help one another regardless of gender, age or race and genuinely love to help people that come into the store. They also work with you to help you achieve. I am currently in the process of receiving my pharmacy technician certification because I expressed an interest in it.

Cons

Some problems i have noticed is that we receive multiple displays for our store but have very few areas to put them resulting in an over flow of merchandise and a loss for the company.

Showing 113 of 10,696 reviews