Found 1,819 of over 33K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Walgreens
a year ago
Hi so I'm in bit of a dilemma. I'm a Senior Pharmacy Tech at Walgreens and make around 20 dollars an hour. I went to manager to talk about a raise to help with upcoming bills so she talked with the DM and he said no. Thus began my search for a new job with better pay. I have offers from Aurora and Froedert for 25 an hour. One is offering a 1000 dollar sign on and the other a 3000 dollar sign on. Yesterday my manager at Walgreens sat me down and told me she'd love me as the RXOM for 25 an hour.
2 years ago
Currently a store manager at Walgreens. Stuck with no sign of upward movement anytime soon. I received an offer at Ulta with a significant pay cut and lower position with room to grow to a GM. Insurance is better, schedule is worse. My husband and I would like to try and start a family. Any advice?
Got a burning question about Walgreens? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Walgreens employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good." (in 1662 reviews)
- "It is great for people who enjoy multitasking and some of the people who work there can be pretty great." (in 1166 reviews)
- "I was lucky and had great pharmacists and coworkers who made the job feel easier." (in 1017 reviews)
- "The hours are flexible and they will work with you on what days you are available." (in 993 reviews)
- "The best reason for working here was flexible schedules and you had an annual raise depending on your performance." (in 525 reviews)
- "Also very low pay and you won't receive your pay raise even when promised after the one year mark." (in 1925 reviews)
- "Poor management some associates basically ran the store because the managers can't seem to do their jobs!" (in 1510 reviews)
- "Good managers don't stick around very long they often get promoted to better positions because the standard retail Pharmacy Manager isn't the dream" (in 853 reviews)
- "Poor upper management and no desire to invest in the company" (in 465 reviews)
- "back hurts leg hurts draining no work life balance not worth the stress for the pay" (in 378 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Walgreens and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "coworker"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Mar 6, 2020Customer Service AssociateFormer Employee
My coworkers were nice and I was able to set my own schedule (for the most part).
The managers were not very great. The store manager did little to nothing at all; she only ever sat in her office or was not even there at all. We would get in trouble for standing at the counter "doing nothing," but then if we did anything, we would get in trouble for "not being available at the counter." Maybe having more than 2 staff on the floor during peak times would help? There were never enough people working at once, which was another huge issue. Even though I was technically allowed to set my own schedule, there were times I was made to work, since there weren't enough employees to work.
- 4.0Apr 12, 2012Service ClerkCurrent EmployeeOrlando, FL
It's a small store so you learn your coworkers and customers quickly and there's more teamwork involved. And for the most part there's no rush to do things and people are pretty laid back.
Kiss your social life good bye. Often they have you working 4 to 10pm and then having to come back the next day at 8AM. And you're pretty much working all holidays.