Found 1,338 of over 32K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Walgreens
Hi so I'm in bit of a dilemma. I'm a Senior Pharmacy Tech at Walgreens and make around 20 dollars an hour. I went to manager to talk about a raise to help with upcoming bills so she talked with the DM and he said no. Thus began my search for a new job with better pay. I have offers from Aurora and Froedert for 25 an hour. One is offering a 1000 dollar sign on and the other a 3000 dollar sign on. Yesterday my manager at Walgreens sat me down and told me she'd love me as the RXOM for 25 an hour.
Currently a store manager at Walgreens. Stuck with no sign of upward movement anytime soon. I received an offer at Ulta with a significant pay cut and lower position with room to grow to a GM. Insurance is better, schedule is worse. My husband and I would like to try and start a family. Any advice?
Got a burning question about Walgreens? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Walgreens employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good." (in 1641 reviews)
- "It is great for people who enjoy multitasking and some of the people who work there can be pretty great." (in 1145 reviews)
- "I was lucky and had great pharmacists and coworkers who made the job feel easier." (in 1016 reviews)
- "The hours are flexible and they will work with you on what days you are available." (in 966 reviews)
- "The best reason for working here was flexible schedules and you had an annual raise depending on your performance." (in 507 reviews)
- "Also very low pay and you won't receive your pay raise even when promised after the one year mark." (in 1927 reviews)
- "Poor management some associates basically ran the store because the managers can't seem to do their jobs!" (in 1513 reviews)
- "Good managers don't stick around very long they often get promoted to better positions because the standard retail Pharmacy Manager isn't the dream" (in 846 reviews)
- "Poor upper management and no desire to invest in the company" (in 452 reviews)
- "Employees are untrained and given little to no training." (in 385 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Walgreens and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "flexible hours"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Nov 7, 2018Pharmacy TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Flexible hours for the most part and not too difficult to be promoted if you put in work
Leadership, both corporate and in store do little little to resolve major issues.1
- 4.0Feb 4, 2021Pharmacy InternCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWarren, MI
Will gain a lot of experience when you start with nothing. They do offer flexible hours and the ability to pick up shifts at other stores. It all depends on your comfort level with the store that you are at.
Corporate leadership does not communicate well. COVID safety was not executed well at all.