Walker Advertising Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2020

4.4
Walker Advertising Chief Executive Officer Benjamin Henderson (no image)
Benjamin Henderson
Pros
  • "Flexible Hours, they try hard to work with your school schedule(in 4 reviews)

• "It's a great place to get some practical entry-level work experience(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is run by incompetent individuals with no education(in 3 reviews)

• "Upper management cares even less to ensure the well being of its team only assuring their promotions and C-level titles(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Walker Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Great team. Fun culture.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company

2. "Great culture, supportive team, company is growing"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Walker Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company was acquired a few years ago and things have improved. Team is supportive and professional. Nice office. Company lunches and activities. The company is established but expanding even more. Senior management are very experienced and professional. Great experience.

Cons

No big complaints. Great place to work.

3. "Goal driven employees"

Current Employee - Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Walker Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company’s goal is clear - to be the most trusted brand nationwide for consumers needing legal assistance, and every Walker Hero, no matter what department they work in, is laser-focused each and every day to make this goal a reality. The company has made some really good hires in the past 12-months which has really improved the level of talent across the whole organization from the top down.

Cons

Better communication when it comes to cross-functional initiatives. Have owners clearly identified who are able and willing to take charge.

Continue reading
  4. "Great experience and huge potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Walker Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Culture: supportive environment with lots of events and opportunities for employees to interact - feels like a real "team" 2. Opportunity: the company is small enough that you can have a real impact and large enough that the impact is meaningful. Walker is growing and doing well, so jobs are expanding with more growth to come. Bright future. 3. People: engaged and professional people who are committed to doing a good job. Mix of new people with new ideas and veterans with deep expertise and knowledge makes for a great learning environment. 4. Mission: we help under-served communities (esp Hispanics) gain access to justice. We are helping people every day which makes it feel good to come to work every day. 5. CEO: new CEO started in August and really understands the space. Clear vision, approachable and already driving improvements.

Cons

Functional organization leads to "silos" of knowledge and activity. Leadership encourages interaction between groups via lunches, town halls, potlucks and other opportunities, but it will continue to require effort to overcome.

"Good experience"

4.0

I have been working at Walker Advertising full-time

Pros

You get opportunity to grow and learn Lots of kind people, they try and get to know you and understand you on a personal level. Flexible Hours, they try hard to work with your school schedule lots of promotions opportunities that are based on your work and fast learning abilities They try and work with you through problems and mistake, giving you lots of opportunities instead of terminating you right away Always raises to stay above minimum wage Bonus' based on your performance Lots of events to get moral up, they love celebrating birthdays and work anniversaries. If you love food be prepared for potlucks on basically every holiday

Cons

Pay could be better for everyone the company sometimes seems very segregated between departments. The call center works really hard 24hrs a day, constantly having to relearn procedures and call processes because of external changes.

December 11, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback. I know we always have areas we can improve but appreciate the acknowledgement that we are on the right track. Should you want to connect and discuss how we can improve, please feel free to reach out to me at (310) 427-3405. Sincerely, Human Resources

"If I could give it 0 stars, I would."

1.0
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Walker Advertising part-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros. There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

FAVORITISM. Leads choose who they want based on friendship and not skill. Leads and others from management are copulating/sleeping with call center agents and others from the company. New leads and management needed ASAP.

December 3, 2018Human Resources Manager

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with Walker Advertising LLC. We take great pride in our company culture and providing a fair and healthy work environment for all employees, we’re normally known for our professional company environment and we regret that you had a different experience. My name is Brenda Bueno and I am the Human Resources Manager. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at (310) 427-3405 /Bbueno@walkeradvertising.com . Sincerely, Human Resources

"Lead CES"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA

I have been working at Walker Advertising full-time

Pros

HR, management, helpful coworkers, growth

Cons

None, it has been a positive experience thus far

December 11, 2018Human Resources Manager

"Great experience"

I worked at Walker Advertising

Pros

This was my third job after graduating from UCLA. Very satisfied with how I’ve been treated. Flexible hours, good compensation and friendly co-workers.

Cons

I had a long drive

"More Than Happy Working Here"

I have been working at Walker Advertising full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, room for growth, great management. Love working here all around.

Cons

sometimes things get hectic here, but it's all a part of the job.

"Most unprofessional and racist work environment"

1.0

I worked at Walker Advertising full-time

Pros

Cant think of at least one!

Cons

The work environment is extremely toxic with no opportunity to grow unless you are anglo. Management puts you down at every opportunity they can having no respect as a person or as their employee. Upper management cares even less to ensure the well being of its team only assuring their promotions and C-level titles. Although the main target for the company are Hispanics, you are looked down upon or asked to speak English if you are heard speaking Spanish.

Found 51 reviews