Walker Marketing and Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Walker Marketing and Consultants CEO Brandon Walker
Brandon Walker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Don't believe lazy people"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment and team atmosphere is some of the best I've ever been around. I consider everyone that works there a good colleague, but a better friend. Room for growth is explained to you from day 1. I work here currently and have made more money here than any job I ever have (and I have a degree from a top university in the state and was a teacher for 6 years.) I love people that post on here about how bad it is when they worked here for 3-6 months. These people didn't succeed because they were lazy and didn't take advice from people genuinely trying to help them. That's all there is to it. People complaining about the driving must have forgotten that we get to pick our area and can be 10 minutes from the office if they choose to be. I hate people that have NO direct knowledge of the company, or weren't there long enough to know, talking down about it. You have to work hard to earn things in life, that's the bottom line. Every company ever made "sells" their job to potential employees. That's how they hire people. Complete morons.

Also, the recruiter and boss we have freaking rock!!!

Also, if you can't spell check your own review and have bad grammar, you're not making a good case for people listening to you. :)

Cons

Yes, you do have to drive with no gas reimbursement. If you don't like it, you can always walk. :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and bringing in GOOD, HARD-WORKING People and ignore the outside noise!

"Upbeat, fun environment!"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The overall atmosphere at the company is very welcoming and exciting! Everyone in the office is always willing to help each other excel daily with some friendly competition to help push each other to the next level.

Cons

My only complaint is sometimes the weather is a little extreme with the heat and the cold while being outdoors, however most of my time was spent inside businesses.

Advice to Management

No, management is great and very supportive in every way.

3. "Pass this up it's a waste of your time."

Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much really! I can't say anything nice. I have no clue how this company hasn't been shut down. They look for young people so they don't know any better.

Cons

You won't get paid what they tell you. I I have no clue how they're still in business and not been shut down. It's a pyramid scheme. They lie to everyone about how much you can make, when it's not even enough to pay your gas for driving around all day.

Advice to Management

Don't be shady.

"Gross Negligence"

Former Employee - Software Sales in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Software Sales in Columbus, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The sales team is very excited to get out to the daily work.

Cons

Misleading interview (they do not exactly tell you what you will be doing)
    Offered to buy lunch the first day, and happened to 'forget the compensation from management'
    Condescending management
    You sell energy to businesses who don't want to talk to you
    You beg businesses to accept a business contract with you
    No gas reimbursement
    Pay is minimum wage unless you can con an average of 7 businesses a week
    Ask businesses owners "So, you have absolutely no interest in 'saving money'"
    Work in unsafe areas (80% of the time)
    'CEO' tells you how he makes "an absurd amount of money once you reach my level"
    ...Please don't make me continue.

Advice to Management

I have said the advice you should accept but are fiercely willing to not acknowledge.

"Keep looking"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time

Pros

Not much unless you count being away from the office 99% of the time as a plus

Cons

The support network they advertise to you during the process is a front, it's not there. The turnover rate is insane, you don't have any team or mentors. It's a pyramid scheme, if you make your own team you get paid based on what your team gets paid.

Advice to Management

Be more open from the start. Everyone at the office felt they were lied to during the process so I know I'm not alone.

"Keep on looking"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive attitude, good moral. Nothing else to say. You get feee beer and food at team night sometimes. Very colorful

Cons

Everything. If you want a 100% commission job then this is for you. You have to drive your own car hours away to your territory everyday, and you don't get reimbursed for you gas either. They lie to you when they first call you saying you'll make about 800 a week... false, you'll make maybe 55 a week. This is honestly the worst company I have ever worked for. Go spend your time else where, don't waste your time here like I did.

Advice to Management

DONT LIE.

"Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who sell for this company are hard working, honest people. Mgmt is great at spell check.

Cons

The CEO is about as dishonest of a person you will ever work for. I worked for this company for a year and saw more success than about 95% of the other reps. There aren't any growth opportunities. It's a pyramid scheme. If you complete a SALE there is a 50% chance it will get rejected or taken out of your next paycheck. Top reps BARELY make $40,000.00 not including hundreds in gas spent per week. The CEO is a great salesman and will sell the job rather than qualify candidates. When you see this company do yourself a favor and run! I could go on for days as to how this company should be under investigation but I will just leave it at that. This is not a review from an upset former employee. I am speaking on behalf of hundreds of people that I had the pleasure of working with during the year who all feel or felt the same way.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people.

"careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

work environment is fun an energetic with weekly team nights and lots of room for promotion.

Cons

its a pyrimid scheme, hire people to work under you and have them hire more under them until you open your own office all while never really doing anthing. this job is sales based so it is commisson meaning if you good at sales you can blossom in the work enviroment, if your not you will fail. daily commutes of around an hour each day both ways can put massive strains on your car budget oput wieghing your pay.

"Shady and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No micromanagement. I seriously don't know what else to put. Umm...they play good music at the morning pep rallies? Haha

Cons

How this place has as high of a rating as they do is beyond me. All the negative reviews are exactly correct. Driving all over Ohio with no mileage reimbursement, door-to-door cold calling sales (they call it Business-to-Business but it's really a euphemism), highest turnover rate of any place I've ever seen, the sales pitches taught to give to customers are beyond pushy and anger customers, some territories are in unsafe areas, and you don't get your base salary unless you hit your quota right off the bat (there's no grace/learning period. You're expected to make quota right away despite how hard you work otherwise you're automatically defaulted to "commission only"). They gloss over all this stuff during the interview and Brandon does a good job of "selling" the job to you. You're told if you "work hard" you'll be successful. Correction: if you have no problem being overly aggressive with customers and disrespecting their wishes, you may be successful...I don't know. Seriously, if you have a college degree, go elsewhere. You're better than this. This place would probably be good for someone without an education or someone who's so rich, they're bored with their life.

Advice to Management

Despite your "ride alongs", you don't provide an accurate representation of the job during the phone or in-person interview. You treat employees like they're disposable commodities and, despite your "success", you're incredibly good at glossing over the facts of this job. I have no clue how this is legal and how you're still in business.

"Excellent"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have so much potential to do big things with the company. You have to put forth the effort to do so.

Cons

None bad to say except for maybe invest in a program to reimburse for fuel... Top sales leader for the week gets $50 gift card. Waste alot of gas.

Advice to Management

None. Brandon, Kalyn, and Kruize no whats going on in that office. They'll do big things!