Walker Marketing and Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Walker Marketing and Consultants CEO Brandon Walker
Brandon Walker

"Excellent"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have so much potential to do big things with the company. You have to put forth the effort to do so.

Cons

None bad to say except for maybe invest in a program to reimburse for fuel... Top sales leader for the week gets $50 gift card. Waste alot of gas.

Advice to Management

None. Brandon, Kalyn, and Kruize no whats going on in that office. They'll do big things!

2. "Pass this up it's a waste of your time."

Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much really! I can't say anything nice. I have no clue how this company hasn't been shut down. They look for young people so they don't know any better.

Cons

You won't get paid what they tell you. I I have no clue how they're still in business and not been shut down. It's a pyramid scheme. They lie to everyone about how much you can make, when it's not even enough to pay your gas for driving around all day.

Advice to Management

Don't be shady.

3. "Gross Negligence"

Former Employee - Software Sales in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Software Sales in Columbus, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The sales team is very excited to get out to the daily work.

Cons

Misleading interview (they do not exactly tell you what you will be doing)
    Offered to buy lunch the first day, and happened to 'forget the compensation from management'
    Condescending management
    You sell energy to businesses who don't want to talk to you
    You beg businesses to accept a business contract with you
    No gas reimbursement
    Pay is minimum wage unless you can con an average of 7 businesses a week
    Ask businesses owners "So, you have absolutely no interest in 'saving money'"
    Work in unsafe areas (80% of the time)
    'CEO' tells you how he makes "an absurd amount of money once you reach my level"
    ...Please don't make me continue.

Advice to Management

I have said the advice you should accept but are fiercely willing to not acknowledge.

"Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who sell for this company are hard working, honest people. Mgmt is great at spell check.

Cons

The CEO is about as dishonest of a person you will ever work for. I worked for this company for a year and saw more success than about 95% of the other reps. There aren't any growth opportunities. It's a pyramid scheme. If you complete a SALE there is a 50% chance it will get rejected or taken out of your next paycheck. Top reps BARELY make $40,000.00 not including hundreds in gas spent per week. The CEO is a great salesman and will sell the job rather than qualify candidates. When you see this company do yourself a favor and run! I could go on for days as to how this company should be under investigation but I will just leave it at that. This is not a review from an upset former employee. I am speaking on behalf of hundreds of people that I had the pleasure of working with during the year who all feel or felt the same way.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people.

"Shady and Unprofessional"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No micromanagement. I seriously don't know what else to put. Umm...they play good music at the morning pep rallies? Haha

Cons

How this place has as high of a rating as they do is beyond me. All the negative reviews are exactly correct. Driving all over Ohio with no mileage reimbursement, door-to-door cold calling sales (they call it Business-to-Business but it's really a euphemism), highest turnover rate of any place I've ever seen, the sales pitches taught to give to customers are beyond pushy and anger customers, some territories are in unsafe areas, and you don't get your base salary unless you hit your quota right off the bat (there's no grace/learning period. You're expected to make quota right away despite how hard you work otherwise you're automatically defaulted to "commission only"). They gloss over all this stuff during the interview and Brandon does a good job of "selling" the job to you. You're told if you "work hard" you'll be successful. Correction: if you have no problem being overly aggressive with customers and disrespecting their wishes, you may be successful...I don't know. Seriously, if you have a college degree, go elsewhere. You're better than this. This place would probably be good for someone without an education or someone who's so rich, they're bored with their life.

Advice to Management

Despite your "ride alongs", you don't provide an accurate representation of the job during the phone or in-person interview. You treat employees like they're disposable commodities and, despite your "success", you're incredibly good at glossing over the facts of this job. I have no clue how this is legal and how you're still in business.

"Awful experience"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all. The morning huddle was super corny and not necessary at 7 in the morning. I wish I had something positive to say...

Cons

Everything! All commission, no gas or car reimbursement, very low starting so you basically have to opt for a commission plan which is almost impossible to reach and very little chance to move up in the company. It's straight up door to door sales in very sketchy areas in random parts of Ohio.

Advice to Management

Be up front with people at the interview, offer a decent base salary and reimburse for gas mileage which I thought by law you had to.

"Great Experience - Thanks Walker Marketing"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dublin, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great peer group to work with
    -Training provided
    -Competitive, but team oriented environment
    -Decent pay structure
    -Experienced Management team

Cons

-Occasional business trips
    -Mending broken customer relationships can be challenging.

"Avoid at all costs. If you have a college degree, don't waste your time."

Former Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH

Pros

Team Oriented
    Training included
    Fun office environment

Cons

Strictly commission
    All door to door sales. (They call it business to business).
    Must use own car and you are not reimbursed for gas.

Advice to Management

Reimburse for gas and your turnover rate wouldn't be so high.
    Be up front with people about what type of work they will be doing instead of just trying to get bodies in the office. Doesn't do your leaders who have to train these people any good to bring in people who aren't will to do that type of work.

"It's an amazing opportunity to be with this company."

Current Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH

Pros

There are many pros when working at walker, one of the most obvious is the ability to grow. Having a great attitude and putting forth your full effort will result in a HUGE future. A proven system is put into place for people to succeed and reach their goals. Something I took away from the interview process was the transparency of the company, whether it was the owner or the hiring manager I was paired with for my second interview. This is business to business not door to door sales and there is absolutely no pyramid scheme. Any questions I had from the interview until now have been answered and still to this day prove to be true. This is a career that you love to wake up and be a part of everyday.

Cons

There are no cons when working here. The ability to grow with others and build great relationships makes this an unforgettable experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Best and Brightest"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Pros

Walker Marketing & Consultants changed my life. I came in with zero experience and zero knowledge about anything business related and within 8 months was promoted to a management role. It was all attributed to the unparalleled coaching and developing offered coupled with a five star team environment. The advancement opportunity is real and there is no one that wants to see you succeed more than the CEO and your co-workers.

Cons

If you do not work hard, you will not see growth and you will not get results. That's the bottom line for any company. Regarding any sort of negative review or outlook, unfortunately there are just some individuals who possess a very poor attitude and/or work ethic. The company continues to grow and improve every day and will accept anyone who strives to do the same!