Walker Marketing and Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Brandon Walker

"careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

work environment is fun an energetic with weekly team nights and lots of room for promotion.

Cons

its a pyrimid scheme, hire people to work under you and have them hire more under them until you open your own office all while never really doing anthing. this job is sales based so it is commisson meaning if you good at sales you can blossom in the work enviroment, if your not you will fail. daily commutes of around an hour each day both ways can put massive strains on your car budget oput wieghing your pay.

"Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who sell for this company are hard working, honest people. Mgmt is great at spell check.

Cons

The CEO is about as dishonest of a person you will ever work for. I worked for this company for a year and saw more success than about 95% of the other reps. There aren't any growth opportunities. It's a pyramid scheme. If you complete a SALE there is a 50% chance it will get rejected or taken out of your next paycheck. Top reps BARELY make $40,000.00 not including hundreds in gas spent per week. The CEO is a great salesman and will sell the job rather than qualify candidates. When you see this company do yourself a favor and run! I could go on for days as to how this company should be under investigation but I will just leave it at that. This is not a review from an upset former employee. I am speaking on behalf of hundreds of people that I had the pleasure of working with during the year who all feel or felt the same way.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people.

"Shady and Unprofessional"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No micromanagement. I seriously don't know what else to put. Umm...they play good music at the morning pep rallies? Haha

Cons

How this place has as high of a rating as they do is beyond me. All the negative reviews are exactly correct. Driving all over Ohio with no mileage reimbursement, door-to-door cold calling sales (they call it Business-to-Business but it's really a euphemism), highest turnover rate of any place I've ever seen, the sales pitches taught to give to customers are beyond pushy and anger customers, some territories are in unsafe areas, and you don't get your base salary unless you hit your quota right off the bat (there's no grace/learning period. You're expected to make quota right away despite how hard you work otherwise you're automatically defaulted to "commission only"). They gloss over all this stuff during the interview and Brandon does a good job of "selling" the job to you. You're told if you "work hard" you'll be successful. Correction: if you have no problem being overly aggressive with customers and disrespecting their wishes, you may be successful...I don't know. Seriously, if you have a college degree, go elsewhere. You're better than this. This place would probably be good for someone without an education or someone who's so rich, they're bored with their life.

Advice to Management

Despite your "ride alongs", you don't provide an accurate representation of the job during the phone or in-person interview. You treat employees like they're disposable commodities and, despite your "success", you're incredibly good at glossing over the facts of this job. I have no clue how this is legal and how you're still in business.

"Excellent"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have so much potential to do big things with the company. You have to put forth the effort to do so.

Cons

None bad to say except for maybe invest in a program to reimburse for fuel... Top sales leader for the week gets $50 gift card. Waste alot of gas.

Advice to Management

None. Brandon, Kalyn, and Kruize no whats going on in that office. They'll do big things!

"Awful experience"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all. The morning huddle was super corny and not necessary at 7 in the morning. I wish I had something positive to say...

Cons

Everything! All commission, no gas or car reimbursement, very low starting so you basically have to opt for a commission plan which is almost impossible to reach and very little chance to move up in the company. It's straight up door to door sales in very sketchy areas in random parts of Ohio.

Advice to Management

Be up front with people at the interview, offer a decent base salary and reimburse for gas mileage which I thought by law you had to.

"Very short tenure"

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly can not come up with 20 words "pro" Walker Marketing & Consultants. The best part about that company was leaving it!

Cons

The morning huddles are loud and obnoxious! The "training" seems geared to those who cannot think for themselves. The worst part is that you drive miles and miles and get zero compensation until you hit your sales goals...I could understand that AFTER substantial training, but not during the acclimation phase. 100% commission with no draw for transportation costs.

I got a W-2 from them this past March, but I have never gotten a paycheck. I even contacted their office manager for a copy of my pay stub, never got it. I wrote directly to Brandon Walker and didn't hear back from him either.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who do well in this, but as a primary breadwinner with a family to support, this was not the way to go. And no benefits package until you get to a certain middle level.

Advice to Management

Come up with an hourly wage for those in training! Even $15/hour would be sufficient for the first 2-3 months! Or provide gas cards/oil changes-the wear and tear on vehicles is awful! When you send a newbie out, make sure they know they have to provide their own lunch/beverages on zero income! And please, ensure that those they go out with the first few times, have clean cars that don't smell of sweat, old pizzas, or cigarettes!

"Great Experience - Thanks Walker Marketing"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dublin, OH

I worked at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great peer group to work with
    -Training provided
    -Competitive, but team oriented environment
    -Decent pay structure
    -Experienced Management team

Cons

-Occasional business trips
    -Mending broken customer relationships can be challenging.

"Avoid at all costs. If you have a college degree, don't waste your time."

Former Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH

Pros

Team Oriented
    Training included
    Fun office environment

Cons

Strictly commission
    All door to door sales. (They call it business to business).
    Must use own car and you are not reimbursed for gas.

Advice to Management

Reimburse for gas and your turnover rate wouldn't be so high.
    Be up front with people about what type of work they will be doing instead of just trying to get bodies in the office. Doesn't do your leaders who have to train these people any good to bring in people who aren't will to do that type of work.

"It's an amazing opportunity to be with this company."

Current Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Trainer in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Walker Marketing and Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many pros when working at walker, one of the most obvious is the ability to grow. Having a great attitude and putting forth your full effort will result in a HUGE future. A proven system is put into place for people to succeed and reach their goals. Something I took away from the interview process was the transparency of the company, whether it was the owner or the hiring manager I was paired with for my second interview. This is business to business not door to door sales and there is absolutely no pyramid scheme. Any questions I had from the interview until now have been answered and still to this day prove to be true. This is a career that you love to wake up and be a part of everyday.

Cons

There are no cons when working here. The ability to grow with others and build great relationships makes this an unforgettable experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Best Company I Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

Pros

Awesome team environment! Everyone is always very welcoming and energized. I actually want to wake up and go to work every morning! I couldn't be more happy to have found this career opportunity

Cons

There are no cons to this position

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!