Walker-Miller Energy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Walker-Miller Energy Services Reviews

Updated Jan 6, 2020

4.1
Walker-Miller Energy Services CEO and President Carla Walker-Miller (no image)
Carla Walker-Miller
  1. "Walker Miller is the best place ever to work! I wake up everyday very energetic because I feel that I belong to WM."

Current Employee - Energy Specialist I, Energy Specialist II, Energy Advisor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Walker-Miller Energy Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is like family. Carla and Greg are very close to everybody and know all employees by name. Work hard and see the appreciation. It is a true family and work-life balance is always taken care of. WM gave me the chance to prove myself and believed in my abilities. Your personality and ability to be human is more important than your experience. Be Bold and Humble.

Cons

Be real human and loyal. Work smart not hard

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great work.

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-12-27
  2. "A High Performing, Core Values Driven Company"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Walker-Miller Energy Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We are a high performing company with a heart. Our company culture is very positive. We recruit, retain, and reward based on our core values. We are determined to make working with Walker-Miller an extraordinary experience.

Cons

We have grown very quickly, so have had to play catchup with some of our policies. We have been slow to make much needed investment in training our People Leaders to Lead, manage and hold accountable. Every team member has to function at a very high level to deliver extraordinary experiences.

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-12-05
  3. "Don’t believe what you read"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Walker-Miller Energy Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are good

Cons

The latest reviews are written by overpaid management The company has to much management for its size. They are so focused on getting a lot of management they have no idea what they are managing. I did not know who I reported to from time to time. It could be a great company if they would stop focusing on hiring high priced people who don’t know what their doing. You need more Indians and less chiefs

Advice to Management

Stop being. Revolving door

Walker-Miller Energy Services2020-01-06
  4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Pros

A great place to grow professionally and work with an awesome staff!

Cons

There is no restaurant in the building.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-11-14
  5. "Inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Walker-Miller Energy Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mission driven, committed, nimble, flexible organization - driven to provide an extraordinary experience for its team members and its clients.

Cons

Candidates that thrive in a growing, fast-paced organization will enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

You're on the right path!

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-10-22
  6. "Like a Family"

Pros

People focused, family like Lot's of growth opportunities for the business CEO Carla is just as committed and passionate about the team as she is about energy efficiency. She's all about business but won't sacrifice the people side. Focus on impacting lives and communities - rewarding work

Cons

Fast-paced -- hard to keep everyone in the loop all the time

Advice to Management

Continue working on communication

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-10-03
  7. "WMES is a great company"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

Pros

Open communication platform is amazing

Cons

Improve all team members communications

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an executive open door policy and an environment of valuing reputations of all team members.

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-10-03
  8. "Best Company in the Energy Industry"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Detroit, MI

Pros

The culture at the company is something that I have never experienced in my 20+ years of employment. The culture is very entrepreneurial, supportive and growth oriented. Everyone believes in the mission and is aligned on making the company better. We have excellent and experienced leadership that cares about their team. The most senior leaders are consumed with building a business with the right people in the right seats and it makes so much sense.

Cons

If you are not motivated by working for a growing company in an entrepreneurial environment then you will not love working here.

Advice to Management

Management should stay focused on growing a great company!

9. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Collinsville, IL

Pros

"I have been working full time for over 30 years and this is the most loving and caring place I have ever worked"

Cons

Wish I lived closer to the corporate office.

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-09-28
  10. "Inspiring Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Walker-Miller Energy Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Benefits and Compensation, Supportive Team, Inspiring Leaders that Care about your well-being, Monthly Birthday Celebrations, Seasonal Team Outings and fun company parties, Clean Building, Friendly Atmosphere, The leaders are constantly looking for ways to improve processes and offer perks for team retention.

Cons

WMES is a fast growing company and communication about happenings is not always conveyed in a timely fashion. Non-existent processes and/or existing processes not yet followed by all. Fast paced environment, often heavy workload

Advice to Management

Continue working on better overall communication and building an open & honest environment. Develop processes for frequent procedures, use diverse forms of communication to share/enforce those processes regularly (i.e. at new hire orientation, at company meetings, via email, etc.)

Walker-Miller Energy Services2019-10-04