Wall Street Journal Reviews
72% would recommend to a friend
(272 total reviews)
K. Rupert Murdoch
39% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Lots of poor management." (in 15 reviews)
- "down culture, where editors know best." (in 8 reviews)
- "Poor work life balance" (in 6 reviews)
- "Middle and upper management have no policies written on paper, all meetings take place behind closed doors with no witnesses." (in 5 reviews)
- "Salaries are low" (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Wall Street Journal and is not affected by filters.
Found 272 of over 322 reviews
Updated Oct 16, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Oct 16, 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHong Kong
Great mobility opportunities within the organization, lovely people to work with, diverse range of people to learn from, decent benefits, great work/life balance.
As with any large corporation, lots of red tape and office politics to navigate.
- 4.0Sep 2, 2023Paper TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsFederal Way, WA
Quality co-workers; consistent same work; good benefits; good pay
management sometimes was challenging to work with; WorldCom purchase wasn't good for WSJ
- 3.0Oct 6, 2023Research AnalystFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
- Great immediate team and management - Good benefits
- Upper management doesn't really care about their employees - Poor communication
- 5.0Aug 13, 2023EditorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsNew York, NY
Working with some of the best minds in the journalism business
The downsides are relatively minor.
- 3.0Jul 27, 2023Associate Video JournalistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great Benefits Package Good Salary for the Industry Down to earth and supportive colleagues
Video management did not seem to know what the day to day of a video producers work looked like Arbitrary monthly video quotas Expectation to work overtime without paying overtime No room for any error Many employees overworked
- 5.0Jun 7, 2023Associate Client PartnerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Amazing company to work for with a great work/life balance. We are required to be in the office 3 days a week of as June 20th, 2023.
Compensation could be better. Once you get to a senior level role it's a bit harder to get promoted.
- 5.0Jun 1, 2023Video Production AssistantCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
Excellent people. Managers want you to succeed and thrive in the organization.
Often the the workload is intense.
Wall Street Journal Reviews FAQs
Wall Street Journal has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 322 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Wall Street Journal to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
72% of Wall Street Journal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wall Street Journal 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.