Walmart Reviews in Aliso Viejo, CA | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 853 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1172 reviews)

1. "Walmart is alright!"

Former Employee - Cashier in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

If you need a lot of hours and want to constantly work, then Walmart is your place. I can tell you that even as a part-timer, I worked at least 43 hours each week! That being said, your paycheck looks awesome if you can work almost everyday. Which is what I did. If you are a full timer, you walk away with at least 800 every two weeks. So if having money for bills is what you need, then Walmart is the way to go. But to constantly stand on your feet, deal with rude customers and bad-ass kids, uggghhhh.... pick and chose your battles.

Cons

Again, the open availability is a problem. If you can only work during the day, you are out of luck as this is their busiest time. Weekends off are rare but do happen. And if you have no family, expect to be scheduled almost ALL THE TIME! Holidays at my location were MADNESS! People with bad attitudes and greedy kids that want everything in sight...run! Although the few bad apples would make you want to quit, if you can survive Christmas, New Year's, Valentines and Easter, you'll live to see another day. But still, patience is a virtue, so hold on to it.

Advice to Management

Please understand that worker need leeway when it comes to scheduling. If we aren't available, do not think we don't want to work. WE NEED TIME AND ADAPTIBILTY!!! If we say we are not available, DO NOT SCHEDULE US WITHIN A INCH OF LIFE! Also, holidays and birthdays are not interchangable. If we ask for either off, don't make us pick and choose.

2. "no no"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

they are flexible with your schedule

Cons

pay rate is below average, the company doesnt care about about associates and just wants to make more and more money, after bonus paychecks they cut hours so your following paycheck would be less than usual and at the end of the month there is no difference between getting the bonus and not getting it and...

Showing 2 of 38,705 reviews