Walmart Reviews in Altamonte Springs, FL | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

2.0
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
  1. "walmart neighborhood market is great to work for small walmart easy to move up"

Former Employee - Deli Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, get raises , good benefits, layed back environment, easy job duties

Cons

a lot of favoritism

Walmart2015-06-02
  2. "It's a job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overnights depends who is there you can listen to headphones. If you know your area your generally left alone.

Cons

Bad management. Always short staffed. Lots of backstabbing. No merit raises. Unrealistic expectations of job completion. Revolving door of new employees. Tons of throwing people under the bus. Little to no bonus.

Advice to Management

Actually train new employees and have a merit based raise. Every year everyone gets the same raise regardless your a good worker or not. Be real about work expectations. if your low on workers get your own hands dirty to get the work done.

Walmart2019-04-07
  3. "Poor"

in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Walmart

Pros

I use to work at Altamonte Springs FL location. Spanish people get away with everything they want and they talk to customer anykind of way. It's always only one register open at night and maybe 2 or 3 in the daytime. Walmart is a good company to work for but the pay is not worth it.

Cons

poor pay, favortism, racism and very poor management, work every weekend

Walmart2015-05-07
  4. "Pharmacy Technician at Central Florida store"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Walmart did pay for my Pharmacy Technician certification and license renewal.

Cons

Hardly any rules and state laws were followed by pharmacy staff. Staff often no call, no show, with no repercussions. I was initially hired as a seasonal cashier, then within 2 months, transferred to the pharmacy and for another 2 months took their pharmacy training course and studied for the Certification Exam. I continued to work for Walmart as a Certified/Registered Pharmacy Technician for an additional 8 months... without ever receiving a pay increase to that of a pharmacy technicians salary. Instead, human resources continued to keep me coded as a "cashier" receiving cashier pay. I complained over and over again, but the only thing that happened, were new excuses as to what was going on and how it would be fixed and how much money I would make once it is fixed.

Advice to Management

Follow through with salary negotiations. Punish employees, when appropriate for behaviors like being absent either multiple times or without calling in. Enforce both company policy and State Law or terminate employee. Do not allow a pharmacy to be ran like a lemonade stand!

Walmart2014-08-03