Walmart Reviews in Anderson, SC | Glassdoor

2.7
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • friendly good pay big ompany good benefits if you work hard you will do fine (in 1000 reviews)

• Wonderful company for work/life balance (in 231 reviews)

Cons
  • Teams run very lean which leads to a poor work life balance (in 627 reviews)

• If you want full time you need to be gradfathered in or be a manager (in 1008 reviews)

1. "Great company/job"

Current Employee - Photo Lab in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Photo Lab in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything is organized, nice people/nice managers, everyone works together, there's help when you need it, stay busy

Cons

There's not really nothing negative or a con that I really have about this place

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job you're doing! I appreciate all your help and giving me a chance to be a part of this team.

2. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Anderson, SC

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

•Pay is amazing! About $9-10/hr!
    •Friendly coworkers
    •When you do get benefits, they are nice. You can choose how much of a percentage you want to come out of each paycheck.
    •They gave us hand sanitizer in case of a food product getting onto our hands and gloves.
    •Holidays were always fun! They let us dress up for Halloween one year, and they let us wear earrings/necklaces/headbands!
    •They allow tattoos, so you don't have to cover up.

Cons

•You don't get an immediate discount. You have to work at least 3 months before you get it.
    •You don't get any kind of insurance till you work a year with the company.
    •You have to be available all the time to move up in the company.
    •We were understaffed all the time with at least 2 supervisors working up in the front and like 3 cashiers in the morning. •Policies were always changing. And no one would tell me when they were changed.
    •The system fires you, not the manager.
    •Have to wear a dark blue colored shirt, tan pants, and a Walmart vest.
    •It was always hot in the front at my store.
    •They don't allow crazy hair colors or any face piercings!

Advice to Management

I heard they fired someone recently. He might have been the reason, the store was so bad. I won't ever know. Keep doing what you're doing Walmart. Weed out the people who don't do their job!

3. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Anderson, SC

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy the public most of them became my regulars. Always happy to see them and get to know the person.

Cons

I miss my customers, not enough help.

Advice to Management

give employees more hours than 4.5 hour shifts; and dont hire so many people. Hire less and allow the part time people to become full time. To many people not enough hours; dont want to let employees have any benifits.

4. "I like it but we overworked and not appreciated for what we do"

Former Employee - Overnight GM/Grocery Stocker in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Overnight GM/Grocery Stocker in Anderson, SC

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great manager ,who helps her employees and cares about us and appreciates us when deserves it

Cons

Pay,not treated equally and nothing ever good enough for the big boss .

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better they will work better for you

5. "Horrible Employer"

Former Employee - Modular Team in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Modular Team in Anderson, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the public. I enjoyed what I did, for it was a way for me to serve others. This job provided money to pay my bills.

Cons

Horrible management. They are never on the same page. They are disrespectful, belittleing and demeaning. Do not make sure you have all the proper tools to do your job, even after several requests, and you are still required to do your job. They are always cutting corners vs doing the job correctly.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. Realize that we are adults and have families to provide for. Get employees what is needed to do their job. Stop cutting corners and lose the attitudes!!!!

6. "It was okay.."

Former Employee - Walmart Cashier in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Walmart Cashier in Anderson, SC

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were very flexible hours, we usually got a say in our shifts before schedules were made. You're typically always busy.

Cons

There were not enough employees at some times so you would have to be all over the place. The wages were almost minimal compared to hours and the amount of work we did.

Advice to Management

Increase wages and hire more employees to prevent current employees from being harassed by customers about long lines and lack of open registers.

7. "Unloader/Stocker"

Current Employee - Unloader in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Unloader in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always people leaving or switching shifts which gives opportunity for a higher position. If you can keep up with the speed of the place that is. A lot of hours during the seasons and you meet some nice people . 1hr lunch and direct deposit or a card you can use . 10 percent off merchandise also

Cons

If you have to work in a team and some dont hold there weight it can be a hassle.

Advice to Management

If you get overtime sometimes they will try to ask you to take longer lunches or if behind to take a 30 min lunch to make up time. No appreciation from the higher ups . Always asked to go faster

8. "Grocery Store Clerk"

Current Employee - Just A Regular Employee in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Just A Regular Employee in Anderson, SC

Pros

Fair, non-prejudice Management Team. Treat everyone with respect. Nice co-workers always seem to be willing to help.

Cons

Low starting pay. Everyone starts at the same payrate. Initially not taking into consideration "like" "same" previous years of experience or taking into consideration some have forked out money for college and have student loans to pay for because they dont want to ever have to start at the same pay rate as those who have put forth no effort, time or money in order to secure their financial future and goals for themselves and their family.
    However, that does not mean that it is not dully noted and advancement could be in the works once something comes available.
    Time will tell. I try to remain positive. Otherwise, what would be the incentive for others to ever go to college in South Carolina. Futhermore, why would they want to stay in a area where there "nose to the grindstone" efforts to complete their education for a better life ultimately if in fact South Carolina does nothing to recognize that they have gone the area mile or took the time energy and fortatutue necessary to better themselves.
    That should never go without recognition.

Advice to Management

All said above.

9. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Tire and Lube Express Technician in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Tire and Lube Express Technician in Anderson, SC

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, flexible schedule, good hours.

Cons

Management is horrible, benefits are non existent, no advancement opportunities, low pay, stressful job.

10. "Co-manager"

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Anderson, SC
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Anderson, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for upper management promotions

Cons

Have to sell your soul to the company. Extreme pressure to please manager.

Advice to Management

You allow associates to use open door, grant the same opportunity for management to also use the open door policy without retaliation .

Showing 17 of 29,817 reviews