Walmart Reviews in Aurora, IL | Glassdoor

3.3
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work" (in 1348 reviews)

• "Best environment, work life balance" (in 280 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 801 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1157 reviews)

1. "Service Desk Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Desk Associate in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Desk Associate in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Walmart (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Friendly Atmosphere in Walmart company.

Cons

The basic Pay rate is very minimum.

2. "Produce Associate"

Former Employee - Produce Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Produce Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that I worked with were truly the only reason I came to work.

Cons

The managers really do not care about their employees, there was this constant environment of one manager said this another said that attitude and nobody wanted to take the blame.

Advice to Management

Read the cons of working here! All in all learn how to actually be leaders.

3. "BackRoom Associate"

Current Employee - Backroom Associate in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Backroom Associate in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady Work & Decent Management

Cons

Avg work hrs a week changes.

4. "Last resort"

Former Employee - Support Manager in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Support Manager in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time goes by fast during your shift, able to move up in the company, pay is ok for someone with little to no experience

Cons

Understaffed, little to no training before they throw you on the floor.A lot of walking. Unprofessional at times in Management

Advice to Management

Look into better staffing process as well training process

5. "Meh, it's OK."

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Obviously, the pay isn't much and it's repetitive, low-skill work, but for those who prefer predictability and consistency, then retail isn't bad. I was a stocker and didn't mind doing the same dept. every day. I also liked the security of the job - as in, if you're decent enough at what you do, the only way you're leaving the company is IF you choose to.

- They promote from within, so if you wanna rise, you can. Although most who do eventually choose to demote themselves because the responsibilities/headaches at the next level isn't worth the small pay-bump. But it depends on the person, really. If you're really driven, then you can rise and stay there.

Cons

- Low pay. I have no clue how people support a family on a Walmart salary. I was young and had no dependents, so I could get by. But really, starting off at $9-10/hr and only getting 1 raise per year(60 cents max) is pretty bad.

- Managing style completely vary on the person. Some mgrs stay on you the whole shift and can be very cranky. Others trust you and just let you do your work. Obviously, the latter is preferable, but it's rare.

- It's a retail store offering low-skilled positions, so your fellow employees are likely to be, well, low-class people too. This was the biggest problem I had. I was coming from a background of academia - with a college degree and associating myself with solid people my whole life. The employees at Walmart for the most part are trash, both academically and as people. Just hope you don't get stuck with one in your department.

"Unethical, disrespect, poor flexibility"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet really great people. Mindless work.

Cons

plenty of terrible people, low pay, insulting managers, etc. The managers are stupid, one assumed that her masters from APU actually meant something. I worked and went to school, they refused to allow me to have my schedule; so i filed an ethics complaint. It was then approved. Afterwards I found out I was barred from using the ethics line ever again. Literally, I could not access to the Ethics helpline . A company that promises ethics bars its employees? Turnover is insanely high around 150%. They spend more time training new employees than being productive. I half assed everything and no one noticed, because there is not enough managers or other employees working. More work with less people. Departments are empty and I was commanded to do things without any knowledge or training in that area. Unless you plan to stay for 10+ years do not expect any form of advancement.

Advice to Management

Realize majority of your workers are going to school to improve. You are digging your own grave by cutting employee hours, since you are insulting your customers.

"Stay Away from Walmart"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. Manager did what she can to make sure we were happy with our schedule. Not really anything else I can say positive about Walmart.

Cons

ALways short handed and you can never get a positive review. They always had something bad to say about you to prevent you getting the highest raise possible for an hourly employee.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and not to where you want to do to work but treat them like individuals.

8. "Very pleasant"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

Pros

Employees are treated with respect.

Cons

If they like you, and you work hard, you get too many hours. I was part-time and sometimes worked 8 or 9 days in a row.

"challenging"

Current Employee - Hourly Supervisor in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Hourly Supervisor in Aurora, IL

Pros

annual raisies and good benefits for Full time employees

Cons

They do not have the beliefs that Sam Walton believed in,it is no longer family oriented,it is all about the money.the management is not very respectful to their employees.

Advice to Management

need more respect for the individuals when giving direction.

Showing 9 of 37,337 reviews