Walmart Reviews in Baytown, TX | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The work life balance and flexibility is not present in all departments (in 671 reviews)

• Take to long to get full time hours (in 1064 reviews)

1. "distribution center"

Current Employee - Loader/Unloader in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Loader/Unloader in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great starting pay, good raises, quartely bonus

Cons

strict rules, long work days

2. "No Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros when it comes to DC 7042

Cons

We are treated unfairly and work 12+ hours. Don't want to give breaks when working so much. Retalilation is a standard in this place. Fear for your job people!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and create a better work life balance

3. "Order Filler"

Former Employee - Walmart DC Order Filler in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Walmart DC Order Filler in Baytown, TX

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Long hours
    Overtime potential
    Ability to work individually

Cons

Poor management
    Extreme heat and cold

Advice to Management

When you say something... stick to it.

"retail sales associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am unemployed, gain expirience for the future, money, help my family out

Cons

the minimum wage pay is too low

5. "Unlooader"

Former Employee - Unloader/Processor in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Unloader/Processor in Baytown, TX

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a good place to work. The warehouse was not to for from home so it was good for me.

Cons

I don"t think there was a down side. They were all good to me there.

6. "lift driver"

Former Employee - Lift Operator in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Lift Operator in Baytown, TX

Pros

good benefits the management team knew exactly how to take care of their associates, and made sure that the best customer service was provide for the customers as long as i was there with the company.

Cons

The schedule when the company get busy during the holiday season is ridiculous, they really do not care about the health of the employees they want you to be there through rain,freezing, etc

Advice to Management

Management should show some concern on what the customer is going through if this cannot be done, they should at least show some concern on how they treat the associates

7. "Stressful environment but well compensated"

Current Employee - Co Manager in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Co Manager in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Walmart (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good benefits to for managers. The company is seeing that overwhelming Supercenters are not the answer to companies profit line life.

Cons

Company continues to cut labor to make profit. The stores are ran from a central office which makes it difficult for field management to make a decision or run there business.

Advice to Management

New to the company home office associates need to work in the stores for a month or a couple of weeks to understand what goes on at store level

8. "Nazis"

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk/Loader/Equipment Operator/Yard Mule Driver in Baytown, TX

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I only worked 3 12s on weekends so had time for school. Nothing else was good about it.

Cons

They micro-manage everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. I got canned for being sick which isn't a viable reason in Texas, but they think they rule the world and don't have to follow local labor laws. They also make you pay taxes on items they are giving to you as an incentive gift. If it is a gift, you shouldn't have to pay for it. They also claim to respect everyone's religion, but when your there it is only if you are a Christian. I was constantly asked why I don't celebrate Christmas. It's none of their business and I shouldn't have to be forced to attend Christmas dinner which always made you 2 hours behind on production that you were responsible to catch up on.

Advice to Management

Take care of those that take care of you. Stop running your associates into the ground, because without them, there wouldn't be a Wal-mart. Also, incentive bonuses in the form of gifts i.e. thermal mugs and t-shirts with company logos are gifts. No one should have to pay taxes on it if it is a gift. Wal-mart is a multi billion dollar industry. Do they seriously need the extra income they are raping from their associates in the form of taxation. Welcome to Nottingham, population "Evil Sheriff Wal-mart"

9. "Eh"

Former Employee - Cashier-Stocker(Sales Associate) in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier-Stocker(Sales Associate) in Baytown, TX

Pros

They give really good hours, you get a break every 2 hours you're there and a hour long lunch.

Cons

You get paid every 2 weeks on a $7.65/hr pay rate. It seems like it takes forever to get your next check! Management sucks. I would not recommend being a Cashier, they watch you like a hawk, they're so strict on cashiers. I recommend being a stocker! Maybe not in grocery. They have so much more freedom. I worked for Wal-Mart twice and will probably never go back! They treat their employees horribly. Never trust your coworkers, don't tell them anything bad about the managers or company because they'll go behind your back and tell managers just to get ahead and become more liked. Always keep your frustrations to yourself. People are messy. Oh and you'll get in trouble if you try to get over time. They'll have you take a longer lunch to make you take the extra time off. And if you keep doing it they'll write you up which is ABSURD. Walmart makes billions of dollars but its wrong to get overtime ?

Advice to Management

Step your game up! You guys suck.

10. "Room for advancement"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Baytown, TX

Pros

Possible bonuses quarterly dependent on the positive revenue of the store you're working in. Due to the size of the company if you're not happy in the department you are working in it's possible to change departments.

Cons

The highest raise you can get is .60 a year but don't count on that! I have worked at five different Walmart locations and found the management to be non-professional discussing personal issues about employees to other employees. I have worked as a cashier, pharmacy technician and in the accounting department and found managers in all departments to be pretty much the same attitude wise.

Advice to Management

Work on Management staying professional at all times instead of trying to impress, befriend staff. Be willing to give the highest raise to an employee if they demonstrate outstanding performance and ability to do their job.

Showing 18 of 32,570 reviews